SOC I Predictions

Who's going to win the SOC I

Total votes: 0

battlecat
Waterboy

SOC I Predictions

Post by battlecat »

It looks like East once again will be returning some good talent and picking up Manchester and Southeastern on the schedule should lead to another good season. Who else besides Oak Hill will put up a good squad?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East will be already, they lose a good leader and two year starter at Quarterback in Baily, they return a few key parts of the line along with Hoover in the backfield. Picking up Manchester and Southeastern I am not thrilled about especially Manchester because of the lack of points they will bring the Tartans.

As for the SOC I look for Oak Hill to win it this coming season, with their Quarterback being a year older along with knowing the system better. However East doing the three peat would be great.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

If Oak Hill doesn't win the SOC1 this year, I'll really be suprised.

battlecat
Waterboy

Post by battlecat »

Which Southeastern team does East play? I know there is Southeastern Ross and another who is usually better.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Oak Hill will be the team to beat.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I believe I heard it was Southeastern Ross, which is why I am not real happy. East needs to make the schedule stronger to get teams ready for the playoffs.

battlecat
Waterboy

Post by battlecat »

Yah I agree that schedule needs to be beefed up a bit should be another7-8+ win season.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:If Oak Hill doesn't win the SOC1 this year, I'll really be suprised.

I'm still suprised they didn't win it this season! :shock:

battlecat
Waterboy

Post by battlecat »

Im not surprised Oak Hills key players were mostly freshmen so they cant be expected to win the league but next year they should be improved.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Alot of pressure was put on those freshmen also to come in and win it their first season of varsity football. The Oaks will be much more improved this season than last season they are taking steps foward and coming closer and closer to an SOC I title.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Tartanblue wrote:Alot of pressure was put on those freshmen also to come in and win it their first season of varsity football. The Oaks will be much more improved this season than last season they are taking steps foward and coming closer and closer to an SOC I title.

Very true but they still should have won at least 6-7 games. I'm not trying to blame anyone but their schedule was fairly weak. Even though they were extremely young I feel like it was a disappointing season for the Oaks.

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

It gets pretty old hearing Oak Hill was young the reason we had the season we did. It wasn't the young players who didn't show up to play every night.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

agree

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

UpOnTheHill wrote:It gets pretty old hearing Oak Hill was young the reason we had the season we did. It wasn't the young players who didn't show up to play every night.

I completely agree as well!

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Does anyone think SV will sneak up some teams? I think they pretty much return about everyone but QB. Pretty well coached team too aren't they?
I think Oak Hill the team to beat the next couple of years but I think SV may be pretty dangerous to anyone who over looks them in the next couple of years.
East is alway going to be pretty good too.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Pretty even group except for green.

Funny I took a look at predictions for SOC for this year and East was picked last on here !

East will have good runners back , will lose alot of experience on the line.
Oaks will be dangerous , big QB with a years exp behind him, good overall team size. Don't know how many seniors they lose.

SV , well coached as usual. ND will lose alot, but the cupboard's not bare . Big question at QB . may be back to small #'s again . Hope not but they lose 10-11 seniors. For the sake of conversation I'd say

Oak Hill
East
SV
ND
Green

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

It will be interesting to see who will be the QB for the Tartans next season if it is Hood or Garrett or possibly if someone else is. But I look for one of the two I mentioned to be the quarterback next season. The loss of Collins and Caudill will hurt a little, but Stringer and Wright got some playing time in this season on the line and will slide in with Dempsy, Howard, and Jones. Having a few backs will also help the Tartans to go along with Hoover the Tartans will have Blair, Bradford, and Grey to choose from players returning. Along with having to find a fullback to take Collins place next season.

battlecat
Waterboy

Post by battlecat »

I actually think East has a good shot to be better than this years team with some good talent filling in the holes. With 3 or more backs gettin good playing time this year in addition to Hoover and with the line losing two starters but have good talent coming up in Stringer kid and the huge 6'7" kid or whatever he is hes real big. The defense will be solid as well so its gonna be another fun year to watch.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Hopefully, Franklin Furnace Green will find a way to keep their kids from going to Wheelersburg, Ironton or Rockhill. I think the Bobcats are in need of some strong leadership to keep football alive and well. Right now I would put them on the "Endangered Species List" in the SOC-I.

PAIN IS TEMPORARY..........CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE FOREVER!!
california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

yea it's looking kinda scary when a lot of your athletes move because they think they are too good to play for green

Return to “Football”