Varsity

Re: Minford 2008

Post by falcon1 »

So !! What`s Your point ??

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Post by the lone ranger »

He was just saying that with the staff Minford has which is probably one of the best in this area that they should be one of the strongest teams in the area, for a while Minford really didnt have a good lifting program and with Coach Daniels bringing in this new lifting program last year, which helped tremedously last season, these seniors will benefit even more with their 2nd year in the program.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

sportsfan_1959 wrote:Do you think Minford is the only team with a lifting program? I am sure everyone is lifting now, with a staff overseeing the program.
the lone ranger wrote:He was just saying that with the staff Minford has which is probably one of the best in this area that they should be one of the strongest teams in the area, for a while Minford really didnt have a good lifting program and with Coach Daniels bringing in this new lifting program last year, which helped tremedously last season, these seniors will benefit even more with their 2nd year in the program.

That is what I was saying, any team that wants to win should have been lifting for months now. I just beleive that with the system/staff in place in Minford should make the Falcons one of the strongest teams in the area. I was at almost every game last year and didn't see them out strengthed by anyone, with the exception of Waverly who was close at some positions. The biggest area they will need to improve on is speed.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Minford will have alot of speed next year. Who will be their # 1 running back ?

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

My guess would be McCormick

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Are the Williams brothers moving in? If so they will be a major help.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

The Williams brothers would be a nice acquisition for the team. One thing about the program is that everyone gets a chance. Every position is competitive.. Transfers, first year players, etc., all get a chance.. Example: Aaron Ostrowski(Sr.) was greatly accepted by the team last year and he proved worthy on defense. Another thing, the players can only lift, learn, and play; they shouldn't worry about transfers or students that might play. If they do come, then they do but players should be ready for the season whether or not other people are playing.

Go Falcons!

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

the falcons need to hit the iron, and let the future run its path.if the williams bros to join the falcon football family they will be welcomed. just like ostrowski,graham,gilliam,pend,iraland. are.. falcons get in your skull PLAY TO WIN WHEN YOU GOT YOUR FOOT ON THE NECK DONT LET OFF TILL MISSION IS COMPLETE...

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I hope river valley is only a 2yr. thing, Minford needs to work on strengthening the schedule both for playoff points and to better prepare them for the competition the would face in the playoffs. What do you think would be some good teams to try to schedule in the future?

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

I hope they will pick up Rock Hill or Piketon again. Maybe they could schedule a Kentucky team

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

IRONFALCON wrote:I hope river valley is only a 2yr. thing, Minford needs to work on strengthening the schedule both for playoff points and to better prepare them for the competition the would face in the playoffs. What do you think would be some good teams to try to schedule in the future?

I think that they should try and pick up Chesepeake. They used to play them a few years ago. They usually have decent teams that will give you some good playoff points. They could maybe even try and get someone like Gallia Academy or Jackson.

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

I had heard that RV was just a 1 year deal. I also heard that the there was a very good chance the Williams brothers were coming I was even told that their parents were in the school earlier this week.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

the lone ranger wrote:I had heard that RV was just a 1 year deal. I also heard that the there was a very good chance the Williams brothers were coming I was even told that their parents were in the school earlier this week.

IF the Williams brothers come to Minford it will really help out the Falcons. It remains to be seen though if they are coming so, you cant get to excited until they are actually here but, it would be a good addition to the Mighty Minford Falcons if these boys do come.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

the lone ranger wrote:I had heard that RV was just a 1 year deal. I also heard that the there was a very good chance the Williams brothers were coming I was even told that their parents were in the school earlier this week.

I would say rv has to be a 2yr thing, that is a home and away series. Most schools wont sign a 1 year contract. Transfers can sometimes help, but the Falcons better plan as if they aren't coming. No sense in planning on someone coming then bein in a bad spot if they don't. They need to just concentrate on hittin the weights and KEEPING GRADES UP. Don't know of any academic problems, but it seems to happens to someone every year. Seniors don't let that happen to you.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

TTT

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

FALCONISM !!
Don`t forget about the Minford Madness , March 15th ! Some one will walk away with $1500.00 ! Many Cash prizes! Dinner @ 6:30. Drawlings Start @ 7:30 !
Total Cash prizes $4.475 !
Spring max outs March 17th & 18th !
Lift-A-Thon ,May 22nd

The Program
Waterboy

Post by The Program »

Sounds like a good ole time :-D

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

How are the numbers in the weight room after basketball has been over for a while? Any standouts strength-wise so far?

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Ethan Hockett has been putting up some impressive Sqaut and Hexabar Deadlift numbers

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I saw on the "other" site that there were close to 70 kids liftin. This is great, depth should be good this year, and that is something Minford has lacked in years past. It worries me that with their schedule I don't think they can go worse than 7-3 and make the playoffs. Hopefully they can get in a position to host first round, but it is VERY early for talk about that.

Return to “Football”