1,352 Days and Counting (Ironton vs. Burg)

Better Find Bob
Waterboy

1,352 Days and Counting (Ironton vs. Burg)

Post by Better Find Bob »

It has been 1,352 days since Ironton last beat Wheelersburg in football. What does Ironton need to do to turn this thing around? Can it be turned around?

Valenth
SEOP

Re: 1,352 Days and Counting (Ironton vs. Burg)

Post by Valenth »

WOW! Youre just laying that bait out there for every Ironton Poster aren't you? :lol:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

OUCH!!

Not taking anything away from ironton but unless we see a rebirth of bob lutz then the success of football will never be the same

To be exact it's been 1481 days. I've got a countdown app on my phone and I done a count up from aug 24th 2012
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

that's 1,168,214,400 Seconds and counting; but hey who's counting?

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Mad-Dogg wrote:OUCH!!

Not taking anything away from ironton but unless we see a rebirth of bob lutz then the success of football will never be the same

To be exact it's been 1481 days. I've got a countdown app on my phone and I done a count up from aug 24th 2012

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Nice Kitty
Waterboy

Post by Nice Kitty »

Running clock on the Tigers...

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I am not sure this staff can do this but it is early in the season. But this group of coaches need to put the past behind them and re-group. Vass should take a long hard look at his staff and the off season program. Some of his staff members should not even be coaching at this level. They have not went through any type of process to get where they are at now.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Game day wrote:I am not sure this staff can do this but it is early in the season. But this group of coaches need to put the past behind them and re-group. Vass should take a long hard look at his staff and the off season program. Some of his staff members should not even be coaching at this level. They have not went through any type of process to get where they are at now.
If he does that, it's going to be a tough family reunion and a tough place to work. There are other issues these guys are probably dealing with never experienced at Ironton. The town has changed, lutz had similar experiences towards the end.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Well when the series first started it was 4000 days since Burg beat Ironton. Ironton is not the same without Lutz as coach and Ironton is not the same city with all the business gone. I bet Chesapeake and Rock Hill will beat Ironton this year too. Portsmouth will probably beat Ironton this year. They are not the same program that was once feared. Ashland, Coal Grove will be favorite to win. Ironton could end up with 3 wins this year.

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

I don't know if Burg fans obsession with Ironton is flattering or disturbing

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

ELChapo wrote:I don't know if Burg fans obsession with Ironton is flattering or disturbing
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

wobycat wrote:
Game day wrote:I am not sure this staff can do this but it is early in the season. But this group of coaches need to put the past behind them and re-group. Vass should take a long hard look at his staff and the off season program. Some of his staff members should not even be coaching at this level. They have not went through any type of process to get where they are at now.
If he does that, it's going to be a tough family reunion and a tough place to work. There are other issues these guys are probably dealing with never experienced at Ironton. The town has changed, lutz had similar experiences towards the end.
You hit the nail on the head about the family reunion. That is exactly what I am talking about it is hard to correct family members.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

This is going back to another thread a while back where Ironton "Supposedly" Closed their Weight room..... I mentioned what would happen if that happened... the kids would be slow. And the Coaches would have a lack of control over their players. I also mentioned Ironton would be in for a VERY ROUGH season if they didn't get dedicated towards the weight room and listen to the coaches. I hate it for the tigers.. But I think this past offseason might have taken a hit on the Ironton Tigers.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Ironton Needs To Disappear From Burg's Schedule.
Not Much To Gain Anymore

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Ironton and Burg is even less of a rivalry now than Wellston/Jackson.

ROLL PEAKE
fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

Neutron Man wrote:Ironton Needs To Disappear From Burg's Schedule.
Not Much To Gain Anymore
Good thing Ironton never had that attitude about the first 15 match-ups..... Burg would have had like a 2-12 record against Ironton; and never realized a victory over them now that the tides have changed directions.

I will agree on one part of that statement : when Ironton was beating Burg on a regular basis, Burg was generally giving Ironton a TON of level 2 points. Ironton will go 4-6 or 5-5 this year (at best - Only due to OVC) and not offer much in that aspect.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Not Much To Gain Anymore
Too much money!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

fbfever9 wrote:
Not Much To Gain Anymore
Good thing Ironton never had that attitude about the first 15 match-ups..... Burg would have had like a 2-12 record against Ironton; and never realized a victory over them now that the tides have changed directions.

I will agree on one part of that statement : when Ironton was beating Burg on a regular basis, Burg was generally giving Ironton a TON of level 2 points. Ironton will go 4-6 or 5-5 this year (at best - Only due to OVC) and not offer much in that aspect.

First 15 years arguement is irrelevant! Only cause like you said the level 2 points Burg provided. That was Ironton licking their chops!
Burg isn't reaping the benefits that the Tigers once did. It doesn't appear to be getting any better!

So sorry, No arguements accepted here!

Return to “Football”