Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Neutron Man
All State

Re: Round 2 Playoffs #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Neutron Man »

Cpt. Obvious wrote::D
Neutron Man wrote:I wonder how The Generals compare to Ironton, Valley, or Jackson or any team Burg has played.

Sounds like an offense that Burg hasn't seen much of this year.
I wouldn't say that neutron, sounds similar to a lot of the packages that burg runs out of. If thats the case then I'd say that they've been playing against it since 5th grade. Obviously! :D
Haven't seen any teams run it against them. At least I don't remember any.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Agreed neutron, I'm in no way an expert in any aspect of football lol, IMHO id have to say waverly was probably the closest team to their style of running that we played. I could be wrong tho, ridge wood seems to be a run-dominant team but not a power-running team. So I believe they may move the ball some at first but burg will just adjust and continue with their defensive mastery. Obviously

BillyChapel
Waterboy

Post by BillyChapel »

P(irate) wrote:I read where Ridgewood hasn't given up more than 10 points in the last 9 games they have played.

Also, I wonder if they will bring the sledgehammer out with them Friday night? :roll:
IMG_2092 - Copy1.png
IMG_2092 - Copy1.png (151.25 KiB) Viewed 1621 times

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:Agreed neutron, I'm in no way an expert in any aspect of football lol, IMHO id have to say waverly was probably the closest team to their style of running that we played. I could be wrong tho, ridge wood seems to be a run-dominant team but not a power-running team. So I believe they may move the ball some at first but burg will just adjust and continue with their defensive mastery. Obviously
They seem to lack size but make up for it in speed. Most of the plays I saw were east and west. Not much north and south. Burg gets to the edge better than any team I've seen in a while. I think they will be fine. The defense won't give up more than 14. If that. Ridgewoods offense looks like ours to an extent. A little less diverse in who gets touches.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It's Monday and this thread is only 3 pages.......
You Burg posters are slacking off!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

It would be more if Ridgewood was seo. Lol no posters from that area to talk crap with. Hahaha!!
Personally after seeing them on film, I don't think this game will be very competitive. I think burg will out math the in size and speed. Only time will tell though!!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Some pretty good shots of the Logan campus, stadium and field from a drone. 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm8jOUDWsfk

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

I haven't seen either team but I think I would take Wheelerbsurg by a healthy margin in this one. They appear to be peaking at the right time.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I have now seen the Burg play 4 times (Both Ironton games, Minford, and Valley). The constant in those games have been their much talked about defense. And that defense deserves every bit of praise it has received.

The thing that I feel Wheelersburg has going for it is the improvement with Kyle Davis and the passing game. I left the Tank in late August and thought that Burg was going to be very one dimensional and not a threat in the passing game. Well 11 weeks later that is different. Are they as good in the air as they appeared last Friday? No. Myself, 5 random posters, and 5 women could score through the air on Ironton's secondary, but Burg's passing game is now a big threat. That said, I do not think they are really pushed in the next two weeks. The winner of the ZT-Alexander game will put up a fight, but Burg will not be in danger of losing in the 4th quarter of either game.

I am guessing that the State will set the final four bracket after this week's games (They did last year). I do think Wheelersburg can play with Coldwater, but I think everyone would rather see that happen in the finals. Hopefully the State decides they don't want another final round blood bath and they match CCC with Coldwater or the Burg in round 14.

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Westfan »

I think Wheelersburg is very good. Not seeing Ridgewood or Zane Trace this year and only looking at results, I think Wheelersburg wins this game and Region easily. But that has as much to do with other teams in the area being down as Wheelersburg is good. That was the least talented team I've ever saw Ironton put on the field. Jackson is solid but not great. Valley is good. But no one they've played is of the caliber of a D5 final 4 football team. Meaning I don't think anyone knows how good Wheelersburg is yet.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Only team that beats Burg before Week #14 is da Burg.

Here is hoping that OHSAA realigns the final four match-ups after the Week 13 games to allow for a potential Coldwater-Burg final in the Horseshoe.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Orange and Brown wrote:It's Monday and this thread is only 3 pages.......
My fingers hurt from last week. :lol:

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

P(irate) wrote:
When the thread opens 2 weeks in advance the pages get deep. Doesn't hurt when you have someone from that area talking smack back to you. That's good for another 2-5 pages. Make those fans Ironton Fans and now you add 10 pages to that! :lol:

Your fingers cramp up when u smack talk with ironton!
From typing so much of course! ;) :lol:

silverhammer50
Waterboy

Post by silverhammer50 »

Guess the Wood shouldn't even make the trip...

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

silverhammer50 wrote:Guess the Wood shouldn't even make the trip...
Burg is a heavy favorite, I ain't gonna lie to you. You guys haven't seen a team like this. I promise you. But! Like I said a few post up. Any team could lose any day!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Dandy Don wrote:Only team that beats Burg before Week #14 is da Burg.

Here is hoping that OHSAA realigns the final four match-ups after the Week 13 games to allow for a potential Coldwater-Burg final in the Horseshoe.

The Shoe would be packed if that matchup happened. Both communities really back their schools.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

The Wood heard the same thing both times they made the trip to the Burg in 07 and 10, but they came out, competed right with them, and with a few breaks or a few more plays going their way, could have came out on top. Now most of you may be right this year, but as the saying goes, that is why they play the game.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Neutron Man wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
When the thread opens 2 weeks in advance the pages get deep. Doesn't hurt when you have someone from that area talking smack back to you. That's good for another 2-5 pages. Make those fans Ironton Fans and now you add 10 pages to that! :lol:

Your fingers cramp up when u smack talk with ironton!
From typing so much of course! ;) :lol:
:lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

silverhammer50 wrote:Guess the Wood shouldn't even make the trip...
Like Neutron said. This Burg team is not your typical opponent. They are coached by some of the best in our area in all phases of the game. They are football smart and can do just about anything they want to on the football field. Not saying Ridgewood is awful or undeserving. Burg is just in a different class this year. They have really built a solid program at all age levels.

P.S. Don't blink on kickoffs.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

But you all need to keep in mind We have not seen a team like this yet this year.

Return to “Football”