1,352 Days and Counting (Ironton vs. Burg)

Neutron Man
All State

Re: 1,352 Days and Counting (Ironton vs. Burg)

Post by Neutron Man »

Game day wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:Ironton Needs To Disappear From Burg's Schedule.
Not Much To Gain Anymore
Too much money!
Really? Did you see the fanbase Ironton brought this year?? It was "okay". Burg fans showed up, but we always do!
The Ironton faithful is dwindling, like the game

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Neutron Man wrote:
Game day wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:Ironton Needs To Disappear From Burg's Schedule.
Not Much To Gain Anymore
Too much money!
Really? Did you see the fanbase Ironton brought this year?? It was "okay". Burg fans showed up, but we always do!
PersonallyI wouldn't care if we drop them and p-town. We need to stay away from the ovc.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I swear from looks of some of these post and even this topic in general Ironton could go 1-9 but as long as that 1 win was against Burg all of Tiger Nation would praise the coaching staff.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
Game day wrote:
Too much money!
PersonallyI wouldn't care if we drop them and p-town. We need to stay away from the ovc.
And powerhouse Fairland?

ROLL PEAKE
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

greygoose wrote:I swear from looks of some of these post and even this topic in general Ironton could go 1-9 but as long as that 1 win was against Burg all of Tiger Nation would praise the coaching staff.

NO...make NO mistake. There is only ONE team on that schedule that would tear that town in 2 if they were to lose. And that team is not down 52 but out 93.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

bbn77 wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
And powerhouse Fairland?
I Bet You'll See A Stronger Schedule In The Coming Years.
Can't Do Anything About Past Contracted Or Obligated SOC Requirements In The Schedule

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Speaking of upcoming talent, how's Burgs JR High teams looking this year?

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:Speaking of upcoming talent, how's Burgs JR High teams looking this year?
I was told that Ironton blasted the 8th grade Burg team something like 48-0 this season.

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

The funny part is that us Ironton fans never saw this as a rivalry. After killing the burg for so many years straight it got boring.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

The Ironton 8th grade is stout. That class has potential. Jr. High wins don't always translate to high school wins but it is usually a pretty good barometer. They have talent that needs groomed. It would be a shame to not get the best out of those kids. I might be a Burg fan but I want all the local schools to thrive and have success. Look at the MAC schools. Winning the their league is more difficult than winning the state because so many schools have good programs! Competition. Week after week. Competition.
Go Pirates.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
Game day wrote:
Too much money!

Lmao ,i bet everyone in burg is thankful you are not the AD.

And honestly ,is the SOC that much better??

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

how bout let's start another topic about burg only winning 3 games in the series up till 2007 from the fighting tigers. can't wait for the feedback from that. hey have your fun ya'll. it's no hair off my chest. hopefully soon we can upset ya'll/ and get this series competitive again.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:how bout let's start another topic about burg only winning 3 games in the series up till 2007 from the fighting tigers. can't wait for the feedback from that. hey have your fun ya'll. it's no hair off my chest. hopefully soon we can upset ya'll/ and get this series competitive again.
It bothers you or you wouldn't have commented

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

IBTT wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:Speaking of upcoming talent, how's Burgs JR High teams looking this year?
I was told that Ironton blasted the 8th grade Burg team something like 48-0 this season.
Burg 7th won, 8th got beat and it wasn't close. The reason why, and it's the reason why you never take stock in junior high, is because the tigers have a kid that looks like a senior. Big hairy leg kid that trucked every pre pubescent kid that stood in his way. Same thing happened when I was in eighth grade. Lost to same type of kid from northwest. Couldn't stop him. We beat northwest 56-0 senior year.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

bbn77 wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:
And powerhouse Fairland?
Them to. I have no clue why we even renewed with them

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Noitall wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:

Lmao ,i bet everyone in burg is thankful you are not the AD.

And honestly ,is the SOC that much better??
No but when youre in the SOC you have to play them. Great comment!
This is non-conference, and there are other possibilities out there with far greater $ Draws. Sad thing is...Everyone here knows it and knows its truly time to move on, but most are so stuck on this "rivalry" that, "I'll be damned if its gonna change." Mentality!

I say drop EVERY OVC DUMPSTER FIRE TEAM.
Its just time to move on to teams that will make Burg better and make a better playoff run. Ironton, Fairland, Portsmouth and North College Hill Isn't Doing It!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:how bout let's start another topic about burg only winning 3 games in the series up till 2007 from the fighting tigers. can't wait for the feedback from that. hey have your fun ya'll. it's no hair off my chest. hopefully soon we can upset ya'll/ and get this series competitive again.

OF COURSE IT BOTHERS YOU. NOBODY PAST, PRESENT OR FUTURE WANTS TO SEE THEIR TEAM LOSE. AND IF IN FACT YOU ARE AN OAK HILL OAK FAN. WHAT IS YOUR SERIES RECORD WITH BURG.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:

OF COURSE IT BOTHERS YOU. NOBODY PAST, PRESENT OR FUTURE WANTS TO SEE THEIR TEAM LOSE. AND IF IN FACT YOU ARE AN OAK HILL OAK FAN. WHAT IS YOUR SERIES RECORD WITH BURG.
Ummm bait, what in the heck are you talking about? who are you talking too? You quoted yourself.. Lol oh and just a friendly reminder... It's 2016.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Also bait. You have no clue what the series record is! Haha

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Just so you know.. It's 17-12 in ironton favor. That would imply that burg won more than 3 before 07!

Return to “Football”