WESTFALL vs. COLDWATER

Pikealum27
Waterboy

Post by Pikealum27 »

good luck westfall....ill be rooting from everywhere......

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

For those going to the game from the Chillicothe area and south, the quickest way is to stay on Rotue 35 instead of getting on I-75, thru Dayton, and it will merge into Rt. 49, and take you to Clayton (just follow the road signs.) Then turn right on US 40, which is north of I-70, I believe. That's how we always go when going to St. Henry, which is just south of Coldwater.

Which brings me to my prediction. I wish Westfall the best, as they are representing the SVC. However, as a born Mercer County boy now living in SVC Country, I am pulling for the Cavs. I've seen a few games involving MAC teams, and I'll tell you, it's just different up there. Not to knock the Mustangs, as I've only seen them once this year, but this will be a different sort of game for them. Coldwater will not care how they go through you, only that they go through you. As can be seen from the MAC website, they are used to winning up there.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

here is their team website.

http://www.cavball.com

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

They are a very good football team that is for sure. They are disciplined and know the game very well. They are well coached and have lots of experience in these types of games, that being said so does Westfall.

If I had to put money on it I would lean to the favorite Coldwater, but that is why they play the games!

Good luck Westfall, represent the SVC and SE OHIO well. Just like Woody said, they put their pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us!

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS!!! FROM THE REDSTREAKS!!!

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FROM THE BLUE AND WHITE CAV COUNTRY.

pantherfan1997
Waterboy

Post by pantherfan1997 »

GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS FROM A NEW LEX FAN

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

This why we are still it, an plan t to keep going

Derf
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf »

Best of luck Mustangs.

Josh218
Waterboy

Seating

Post by Josh218 »

Hey, seen this out on JJhuddle forum wanted to know if anyone had any confirmation on this statement?
thavoice
All-Star

Default Today, 05:08 PM
cavjunky....I got notification from the school that 'Coldwater will be the visitors on Saturday at Clayton Northmont but.....Coldwater will have the home side bleachers.'
The OHSAA has the right to make the decision, and according to the notification through the athletic department that is exactly what is happening in this one.

"Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell. Read It!

radstang
Waterboy

Post by radstang »

I hope westfall can win they have a team like they never had had before. A team like this comes along maybe every 25 years maybe if then. I know they will play as hard as they can . And there defense is better than unbelievable and there offense is very good also and i just hope they execute very well and dont have all the penalties that they had against St. C.
But all and all go MUSTANGS.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I can confirm that Westfall will be on the visiting side and use the visiting locker room. They will be the "home" team and wear the scarlet jerseys. Heck, Westfall shouldn't show up. Mighty Coldwater will roll the boys from the "hills". Let's just be happy with the regional trophy and get the basketballs out.

COLDWATER 50
Westfall 14 mercy points

If you haven't figured out by now, the last part is what everyone outside the area thinks.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

BMAN Ignore the haters, we weren't supposed to win against New Lex because they played a tougher schedule, we weren't supposed to beat waverly because they played the tougher schedule, we weren't eve supposed to beat St. clairsville why? Because they played the tougher schedule.

Now we aren't supposed to beat Coldwater.
But I Believe we can and will.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Just giving everyone the Coldwater opinion.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

bman618 wrote:I can confirm that Westfall will be on the visiting side and use the visiting locker room. They will be the "home" team and wear the scarlet jerseys. Heck, Westfall shouldn't show up. Mighty Coldwater will roll the boys from the "hills". Let's just be happy with the regional trophy and get the basketballs out.

COLDWATER 50
Westfall 14 mercy points

If you haven't figured out by now, the last part is what everyone outside the area thinks.

Thats like a slap in the face, nothing like Pi$$ing the boys off before the game even starts. what because they have won the state before make them able to have special privileges?

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I can see the point about Coldwater bringing a lot of people. But according the the Gahanna numbers, their visiting side seated 2500 people and it was overflowing. How much does the Northmont visiting side hold? 2500 is an above average figure. If there is that much of a concern over there not being enough seating, they should've picked a bigger venue if one was available. If Westfall is the home team, they should be.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Hey, mstangmom, welcome to the club!
That's exactly what "they" said about Portsmouth West a few years ago against Ursaline Academy in the State semi final. HAH!!!
And that kind of point spread loss was what "they" predicted for the Ironton basketball games both against North College Hill and [different year] against Huntington, WV High. WRONG AGAIN
Absolutely, those MAC teams from that west central Ohio area are always tough - they beat up on each other the whole season, and have produced several State Champs.
But sometimes, it's an advantage as an opponent to be taken so "lightly". Go show them that the opposite end of this State has plenty going for it ON THE FIELD - PLAYING THE GAME! Never mind all the pre-game "paper" prediction stuff!!! - Just use that as INCENTIVE!!!!

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

I love it personally. Let's encourage it. I'll take the underdog role everyday of the week.

Let's encourage more 42-14, 50-7 and above predictions.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Bman it don't matter we fans will be there in full force for this game, No seats who cares we'll stand. heck just thell em to stack up a bunch of hay bails we's siton them we don't care we will be there yelling louder and prouder.

YTB is trying to get an Ironton/portsmouth crew up to make even more fans.

Funny though, almost like Coldwater set this all up though.
early Sunday morning they we saying where the game would be and that they would get the home stands

I Will be there so will the other 3 or 4 thousand that come out to support us.

caglewis our boys are on a mission and they will do whatever it takes to make southern Ohio proud. they will not give up..

it will be a good game to say the least, and if they they they have another clinton massie they are in for a BIG surprise come saturday.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Here is the theme of the next two weeks.

Hoosiers

Return to “Football”