WESTFALL vs. COLDWATER

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I like it Bman.

Maybe we should go put signs up all around the school and practice field that say that

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

it will be a good game to say the least, and if they they they have another clinton massie they are in for a BIG surprise come saturday.
I'm pulling for Westfall - but I was pulling for Clinton-Massie, too.
I know how badly they got beaten, but please, that's my original home territory - don't rub salt in their wounds.
I do agree that coming off a win like that, Coldwater [I seriously considered moving there once] could suffer a little let-down or over-confidence in their next game.
Go Westfall - show Coldwater you're a force to be reckoned with!
Last edited by caglewis on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Home stands

Visitor stands

We'll fill this up 30 seconds after the gate opens

Photo's of their field turf install and the field

http://www.boltsfootball.com/photos/thu ... =15&page=2

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

From the Westfall website

Division IV State Semi-Final Game
Coldwater vs. Westfall ohsaalogo
November 24, 2007 7:00 p.m.
Clayton Northmont Stadium/Dudon Memorial Field

4916 National Road Clayton, OH 45315

Ticket Sales:

Admission - Presale at participating schools $7.00 per person per game; $9.00 per person at the gate.

* Tonight at Meet the Team Night
* Tuesday at the HS School office during school hours.
* Wednesday at Metzger Insurance in Williamsport
* Friday at school from 3-5 p.m.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Mstangmom, should you bring the hay bails or should I?

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Since they think our area is the "hills", maybe ZT will lend us their big hill in the end zone and everyone can pitch blankets.
Last edited by bman618 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Now the Hill would be great, we are used to doing that.

Mustang Hoosiers
, always the underdog, always the winner

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

Coldwater has one heck of a team and the Mustangs MUST execute on almost every play in their offensive sets to gain yards. No stupid penalties, no missed assignements. On defense, Mustangs stay with your game! Great defense and will give Coldwater fits. Penalties and special teams will be key in this game and Mustangs could very well get the win if they eliminate long Coldwater returns. I hope the coaching staff for Westfall is not hampered by parents and such. This normally happens when a team gets this far in the playoffs for the first time. Let the coaches COACH the game as they have all year!

GO WESTFALL, your program and team look like Coldwater many years ago and you can set a standard for area youth for years to come! Coldwater started their run the same way and I look for you guys to compete with them all game long and start your own standard of excellence!

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Seating

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Josh218 wrote:Hey, seen this out on JJhuddle forum wanted to know if anyone had any confirmation on this statement?
thavoice
All-Star

Default Today, 05:08 PM
cavjunky....I got notification from the school that 'Coldwater will be the visitors on Saturday at Clayton Northmont but.....Coldwater will have the home side bleachers.'
The OHSAA has the right to make the decision, and according to the notification through the athletic department that is exactly what is happening in this one.

"Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell. Read It!

How can they (OHSAA) do this? That is not right. If you are the home team, then by God you should have the home stands. If I was a Westfall resident, student, parent, or anyone from the area that will attending this game and cheering for Westfall I would flood the OHSAA website with emails stating my displeasure over this arrangement. Why give a team the "home" status and then make their fans sit on the visitors side? It isn't right and it just shows how little respect any teams south of Rt 70 and east of Rt 23(southeastern district) get by the OHSAA. I have never heard of such a thing and if it was happening to a team in a game that I was going to be attending I would definitely voice my opinion on the subject. Hell, I just may do it anyway because the more I think of it the more it ticks me off.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

For anyone that would like to send Dan Ross an email to voice their displeasure with the seating arrangements for Westfall in the game this Saturday, here is his email address. I'm not even going to the game or involved in this in any way, but I sent him an email and voiced my opinion. Maybe if enough people do this he will change his mind on this and fix it the way it should be, home team on home side and visiting team on visiting side.

dross@ohsaa.org

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

It's funny how when the shoe is on the other foot, those people are petty, but when you're the one wearing the shoe, the situation is totally different. When Westfall fans were predicting 3 or 4 touchdown wins in the first three rounds, it was confidence. When Coldwater fans do the same, it is no respect to Westfall. Which is it- confidence or no respect?

I do not expect Westfall to roll over and play dead, and I don't expect Coldwater to assume they have the game won simply because they have won state titles in the past. However, having some familiarity with both teams, Westfall because they are in the SVC and Coldwater because of family ties to the MAC, I still feel Coldwater is the favorite. Experience is important, as many Coldwater players were on the '05 state championship team (the last team to beat Youngstown Mooney.) But I do see the comparison to Ports. West from a few years ago, in that being the underdog doesn't mean a team can't win. If Westfall plays like they did against Waverly, they are unstoppable. But playing against a team from the MAC IS different.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

mikepike, totally agree that a team from the MAC is different, but not unbeatable. From what I have read on the huddle most Coldwater fans are being very courteous of Westfall saying how they are solid on both sides and such. Now the OHSAA is a different bird. That organization is likened to a bloated spider sitting on a web and feasting non stop. lol

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Mipepike they can predict whatever score they want, I just find it funny that when we were the #2 seed we were considered the underdog in every playoff round because everyone played a stronger schedule than us.

Now Coldwater, who plays all D5 and D6 schools, lost a game, and defensively allows more points per game and is considered the favorite.

So I would like to know the logic.

Do I feel like those that are predicting that kind of score is disrespecting us, NO it is just their opinion and the game will be settled on the field.
What is funny is that no matter what the situation no one ever gives Westfall the Edge, except Westfall fans.

Now westfall being the home team, because the earned the points needed to be the higher seed. then telling them they have to use the visitors locker room, and have their fans sit on the visitors side. that is disrespectful.

Burg_grad I sent them an E-mail, Not that it will do any good, But at least I let them Know how wrong I thought it was. I even used the example of how when we went to West M. a couple years ago and they did not have Visitor seating that no special provisions were made for us.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Save your breath or type with the e-mail attempts. Ain't going to work. Win on the scoreboard, that's all that counts.

Actually, I prefer the bloated score predictions by Coldwater. I'll take the underdog role every day of the week.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Congratulations to Westfall and good luck. Go get'em !!!

Be kind to all who come into your presence
mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Ok Bman I got a local Farmer with his own Semi and Two barn full of hay ready to load up up and deliver our seating for this game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

What did SE Ohio expect? The OH$AA rolling out the red carpet for a team from here? lol :lol:

I for one could have sat on the St. C. side last week, actually several Piketon coaches sat there and said there was plenty of seats on the home side. If I get there and there are seats on the home side, I might sit there but I would rather stand.

bug ii
Waterboy

Post by bug ii »

demaniac, I agree with you about coldwater. They are a great team on a serious roll at the moment, but I don't believe they are unbeatable. THE MUSTANGS will have to play much better than we did against st. clairsville in this one. coldwater is confident and has a great football tradition, but... they had to start sometime. Now is the time for THE MUSTANGS to add to our football tradition. It's time to put the MUSTANGS IN MASSILON! GO MUSTANGS!!!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GO WESTFALL

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

bman618 wrote:Save your breath or type with the e-mail attempts. Ain't going to work. Win on the scoreboard, that's all that counts.

Actually, I prefer the bloated score predictions by Coldwater. I'll take the underdog role every day of the week.

I agree it probably won't help, but I still think everyone should flood his email with letters of their distaste of this situation.

GO MUSTANGS!!!!!

What you all should do is get there really early and when they open the gate just go straight to the home side and sit down. If they say something just say, "Well, we are the home team, right? So we thought we got the home side. How foolish of us." And then just sit there and don't move.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"

Return to “Football”