Cambridge 48 Logan 14

BobcatQB
Varsity

Re: WK4 (0-3) Logan @ (3-0) Cambridge

Post by BobcatQB »

Paladin wrote:John Glenn isn't very good this year and Canton South has never been a real strong team. Indian Creek should be .500 or better. However, not a strong schedule for the Bobcats. They should be better this year but are a question mark. Bobcat teams tend to have lots of speed.

Logan just needs to prepare and play hard. A win is coming soon.

Bobcats play same schedule as last season which includes 4 playoff teams from 2015 (Indian Creek, Zanesville, New Phila, Meadowbrook), Logan at 8-2, Dover, and Coshocton at 7-3. Schedule is always pretty tough. JG will win some games this season, they are better than you think..made huge strides since last season.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

1987chieftains wrote:Theo's. I looked that up. looks pretty good. I also heard of Sheetz. Thanks All!
Guys, Sheetz is a gas station and Cracker Barrel is, well, Cracker Barrel. You want some good local eats, go to Theo's, The Forum, Central Steak and Ale, Downtown Arena, The Bear's Den. Can't go wrong with any of those. Theo's and Downtown Arena are downtown and closest to the stadium. DTA is a sports bar and has really good food and Theo's is a hometown fav.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

If you want pizza Walleys (sp?) is a pretty good place. Galaxies is good too, galaxies might be in Buyesville though not sure it's been awhile, maybe BobcatQB can confirm

Inside/outside em
Riding the Bench

Post by Inside/outside em »

cant beat Meigs....ouch! About to be 0-4.....super ouch!!! Has coach Billy ever led your team to the playoffs?? If not, you may want to get a new one, Maybe Penrod from Alexander. I can't recall Logan ever being this bad...Athens and NY are licking their chops right now!!

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Stan_Marsh wrote:If you want pizza Walleys (sp?) is a pretty good place. Galaxies is good too, galaxies might be in Buyesville though not sure it's been awhile, maybe BobcatQB can confirm
Yeah, Wally's is pizza by the slice and a local favorite. They have a few tables outside to sit and enjoy. They also have a drive thru, call ahead. Galaxy has a location in Cambridge and one picnic table to sit..it's good too, a sweeter sauce but not by the slice. Another local favorite pizza is Plus One Pizza. They have a dine in restaurant close to the stadium.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Inside/outside em wrote:cant beat Meigs....ouch! About to be 0-4.....super ouch!!! Has coach Billy ever led your team to the playoffs?? If not, you may want to get a new one, Maybe Penrod from Alexander. I can't recall Logan ever being this bad...Athens and NY are licking their chops right now!!
First of all, Logan was 1-9 in 2011. So you either have a short memory or just trying take a potshot.

Coach Burke took over the program at arguably it's lowest point ever. (Could make an argument for Red Longley 1931, Mel Adams in 1957, or Clarence Perry in 1985).

He won the league in his first season. He went 8-2 last season and beat a D2 playoff team in the regular season.

Certainly Logan is down this season. Going to be a struggle to put wins on the board. But its also not shocking if you've been following the program. Its a one year blip.

Hopefully Meigs, NY, and Athens enjoy it. Cause the tide is turning.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Bobcat -- are you for real ? Cambridge's schedule is a laugher. Other than the tough TWO in the ECOL and sometimes Zanesville, the league is weak and your OOC is humorous. The COLLECTIVE records of your first 3 opponents are 3-6 . Indian Creek may well do 5-5 or 6-4. But John Glenn ? They win 3 or 4 at best and Canton South wins maybe 1 or 2 games. Both will be major losers. Meadowbrook ? They may win 3 or 4 for another losing program. You can't count LAST YEARS records and playoffs. This is a new year. Hey, I remember Meadowbrook well -- my first year in the league with them ( a D-VII team ) we whipped them 50-0. Logan has played much tougher , bigger teams early ( who are a collective 7-2). If not for playing so many Frosh and Sophs., I'd look for them to beat the Bobcats. May happen anyway as Logan is improving.

Your schedule may get you 6-4 unless you slip against Logan and then you finish .500 at 5-5.

Have gun, will travel
BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

For a D IV school, yeah, it is a tough schedule. Of course I'll give you Canton South and traditionally Marietta and Meadowbrook. JG is in year 2 under a new coach, previous coach had many playoff teams. Indian Creek is always tough and will probably be 6 or 7 win team. Meadowbrook was 9-2 last year and had chances to beat state runner up in playoffs..lost a good senior class but they can score. Since Granny took over at Zville, they have been to regionals several times..they are not a sometimes team anymore. Coshocton is always tough and is only school we play smaller than us. Facts are facts, 4 teams made it to the playoffs last season, Logan finished 10th and Coshocton 9th in regions..that's 6 teams in Top 10 in their respective regions..how is that not a tough schedule entering the season? Pretty sure I didn't say anything about Logan's schedule. I agree, we'll probably be 5-5.
Last edited by BobcatQB on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LETS GET IT GO-UN!!! GOOD LUCK TONIGHT LOGAN!!! GO CHIEFS!!!

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Good luck Chiefs!!!!!!! Chiefs 21 Bobcats 20!!!!!!!! Either way should be a good game!!!!!!!!!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Good luck to the Chiefs. A win is possible but need to play well, even if you are young.

Have gun, will travel
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Go Chiefs!!

AT THE RESERVATION
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Logan getting beat down in the 3rd 42-14. Either Logan is not improving as some thought they would or Cambridge is a heck a lot better then we thought they were.Line is still struggling and the snaps are all over the place,not very pretty.N-Y has to be licking their chops.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

48-14 still in the 3rd,I do believe they have thrown in the flag :(

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

moonshine wrote:The Chiefs need to be more physical at the point of attack and our kicking game is in need of some help!
Man this show again at Cambridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”