SE

Re: WK4 (1-2) Ashland KY @ (1-2) Ironton

Post by BurgGrad6 »

:shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

no we got the po-po involved. everything is fine. we are talking football.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:no we got the po-po involved. everything is fine. we are talking football.
That's why you hijacked our thread. SMH

Better Find Bob
Waterboy

Post by Better Find Bob »

"It's just Ashland"

Ironton - 3
Ashland - 0

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I'm pulling for the Tigers here. Love to see them get things on track. Some ppl on here think you can't win with there style of offense. It's a lot more about the players than the plays. I haven't been down that way since lutz left. Idk the coach personally, so I could be wrong but it seems like they lack talent or work ethic or maybe a little of both. You can win with the robust t don't have to go spread, but gotta have the horses and the desire. Coach rush at Lima sr used to call them dirty rats. Kids that will hit cause they want to. Maybe the Tigers need a few dirty rats. I've had some bad blood over the years with Ashland. Hope the Tigers take a bite outta them.
Tigers by 14!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton has the talent to run a spread but they need to teach it at a younger level in Jr. High and and such.
Trying to teach it at the High School level when all they been taught was the T-formation and wing and power I doesn't work.
That maybe part of the problem now they are not taught the fundamentals at a early age anymore.
Who knows what it is.
The fact remains is Ironton has become a mediocre team and sadly no one should be happy wit hthat.
Ironton 16 Ashland 8

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
GroundandPound
Waterboy

Post by GroundandPound »

I think the LB play at Ashland is too strong. Ironton backs wont be able to block them-too physical. It'll be the difference. Ashland 14 - 6

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Rolltanks wrote:I'm pulling for the Tigers here. Love to see them get things on track. Some ppl on here think you can't win with there style of offense. It's a lot more about the players than the plays. I haven't been down that way since lutz left. Idk the coach personally, so I could be wrong but it seems like they lack talent or work ethic or maybe a little of both. You can win with the robust t don't have to go spread, but gotta have the horses and the desire. Coach rush at Lima sr used to call them dirty rats. Kids that will hit cause they want to. Maybe the Tigers need a few dirty rats. I've had some bad blood over the years with Ashland. Hope the Tigers take a bite outta them.
Tigers by 14!
Yes you can pound the ball from the t and win games but you better be able to pass out of it, and do it creatively. Furthermore to have to learn how to defend the spread. Something Ironton struggles with.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

look down the river to a team called "the burg" and you see a solid fundamental offense that's locked, cocked , and ready to roll. the above post saying this needs taught at a early level is 100% correct. not gonna run run run and run more over a team in todays world. when tigers adopt burg style football they will rebound.

this game will be a very good game, look for the tigers to get the W in a close 1!!!!!
21-20

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:look down the river to a team called "the burg" and you see a solid fundamental offense that's locked, cocked , and ready to roll. the above post saying this needs taught at a early level is 100% correct. not gonna run run run and run more over a team in todays world. when tigers adopt burg style football they will rebound.

this game will be a very good game, look for the tigers to get the W in a close 1!!!!!
21-20
Inflater! Lol welcome back cg!

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

GroundandPound wrote:I think the LB play at Ashland is too strong. Ironton backs wont be able to block them-too physical. It'll be the difference. Ashland 14 - 6
Marcus Daniels #7 plays Mike Backer and brings the wood. Look for him to lay a few out. He arrives with bad intentions.

Irontons T was based around having strong backs that could blow up backers and create holes at the point of attack. Ironton always had a horse at the fullback position. Now they just don't have that horse hence no running room.

I told some on here weeks ago Ashland is not that "down" just like I told the tiger faithful neither was Russell and I predicted a Russell win. Brown and Coburn will do enough damage on offense and the Daniels led defensive will shut down the tiger O.

Ashlands oline is not good, look for them to go wide and through the air.

Ashland wins, 20 - 6.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I say the fighting tigers even their record back to .500

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

28-21.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK TO THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS TONIGHT AS THEY HOST THE ASHLAND TOMCATS.

YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TOMCATS PLAY WITH TIGERS DON'T YA.WELL IT HAIN'T PURTY. LET'S SMASH THOSE TOMCATS AND GET THIS RECORD EVEN AT.500 AND THEN ROLL ON THROUGH THE OVC AS REINGING CHAMPIONS. YOU AIN'T BEAT TILL YOU QUIT TRYING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

One more time this year, "It is only Ashland" But ironton in a very close contest!

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

The Tigers ground game is strong, but it will come down to a pass or two late in the game. If Ironton catches them, Ironton by 7. If they fall incomplete, Ashland by 7. Should be a great game!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

ravensfan9 wrote:The Tigers ground game is strong, but it will come down to a pass or two late in the game. If Ironton catches them, Ironton by 7. If they fall incomplete, Ashland by 7. Should be a great game!
Lol, when did they get this strong run game?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Good luck "kittens" aka arnton

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:GOOD LUCK TO THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS TONIGHT AS THEY HOST THE ASHLAND TOMCATS.

YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TOMCATS PLAY WITH TIGERS DON'T YA.WELL IT HAIN'T PURTY. LET'S SMASH THOSE TOMCATS AND GET THIS RECORD EVEN AT.500 AND THEN ROLL ON THROUGH THE OVC AS REINGING CHAMPIONS. YOU AIN'T BEAT TILL YOU QUIT TRYING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No need to yell bait. I can only read it so loud.

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
ravensfan9 wrote:The Tigers ground game is strong, but it will come down to a pass or two late in the game. If Ironton catches them, Ironton by 7. If they fall incomplete, Ashland by 7. Should be a great game!
Lol, when did they get this strong run game?
BurgGrad6, you can try to start an argument somewhere else! I think we have improved greatly since week #1. Yes you guys beat us, you were simply the better team. Give the kids some credit, they've been working hard and are improving. Tonight's game will be a good test for us to see where we are.

I think one thing you might look at regarding your question....Coldwater beat you guys in every phase of the game. Does that mean your offense stunk, that your defense was terrible....NO. You were simply outplayed by a superior team. It happens!

I'm just a fan. I hope Wheelersburg has another tremendous season and makes a run at a State Title. You guys definitely have an extremely talented team that is always prepared well and plays their hearts out! They are fun to watch!

Return to “Football”