WK4 (3-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-2) Cincy NCH

JTEK
All State

Re: WK4 (3-0) Wheelersburg @ (1-2) Cincy NCH

Post by JTEK »

omaha1 wrote:
JTEK wrote:
omaha1 wrote:Wheelersburg has not gone 6-4 since 2006, and with that being said, the standard set there will never allow a 6-4 record to be a pretty good year. What time frame do you predict this happening? 5yrs? 10 maybe? There's no way that someone can predict what will happen with a team in 5 years solely based on talent from kids in middle school or grade school. Kids develop, coaches develop, the game changes, and if you don't, you get left behind....I hope that every team in southern ohio improves over the next few years just so the fans can enjoy competitive, high level football.
I'm pretty sure most people predicted valleys demise this year based on what the kids they have looked like at the lower levels, same with ironton.
the burgs jr #'s are down and they aren't world beaters just saying. fans will never accept a 6-4 record but football people will understand based on talent that 6-4 can be a pretty successful season.
I agree that most people predicted Valleys demise, but let's be honest here. Valley, traditionally, has not had the teams that Wheelersburg has brought to the table. A down year for wheelersburg is at worst 7-3 and over the past couple decades, those have been far and few between. I would be more than happy to see them go 7-3, as long as the first part of the schedule is beefed up a bit. 7-3 with good competition is IMO, better than running through a 10-0 schedule. Also, Burg jr high numbers may be down, but compared to what? The classes that are on the field now? If you're comparing them to this years numbers, then yes, they're down, but not compared to the numbers of the past.
I count 20 on 7th and 8th. I could be wrong but I thought they were normally between 25-30

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

So how many years in a row has Wheelersburg went 10-0? From reading this they must go undefeated every year?
You can't go by Jr high scores, but you can see talent. There is a dropoff coming for Wheelersburg. Not as bad as Valley but it's coming.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Lol it's really not!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

When you say drop off, what you're saying is a 7-3 year or 8-2 year. Of course talent will fluctuate but they will always be coached up and put in the position to get the best out of every year.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

wobycat wrote:When you say drop off, what you're saying is a 7-3 year or 8-2 year. Of course talent will fluctuate but they will always be coached up and put in the position to get the best out of every year.
agree

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

TrojanXplosion wrote:Didn't Burg play NCH in the basketball State final a few years ago?
Yes, Burg played NCH in the semi final game in 1990 and lost in OT and a few years ago and lost on a last second shot by NCH. Not pleasant memories.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If you notice, it is not Burg fans calling for them to "BEEF" up their schedule. It is mostly outsiders and I don't know why they care.

Burg still has a very good Jackson team and very good Waverly team to play before they can start talking playoffs.

Still 7 games left to be played and anything can happen. I like the Burg's chances to go 10-0 but only time will tell.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:If you notice, it is not Burg fans calling for them to "BEEF" up their schedule. It is mostly outsiders and I don't know why they care.

Burg still has a very good Jackson team and very good Waverly team to play before they can start talking playoffs.

Still 7 games left to be played and anything can happen. I like the Burg's chances to go 10-0 but only time will tell.
I'm a burg fan and I'm tired of seeing running clocks the entire 2nd half against terrible football teams

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Ptguard wrote:
TrojanXplosion wrote:Didn't Burg play NCH in the basketball State final a few years ago?
Yes, Burg played NCH in the semi final game in 1990 and lost in OT and a few years ago and lost on a last second shot by NCH. Not pleasant memories.
I was to young to remember the first game but I was at the one we lost on the buzzer beater def Heartbreaker. We were by far the fav that yr. 3 games we lost all yr by a combined 9 points. One at waverly, one on a 3 just behind half court by dante jackson and the state semi finals to nch

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Oak wrote:So how many years in a row has Wheelersburg went 10-0? From reading this they must go undefeated every year?
You can't go by Jr high scores, but you can see talent. There is a dropoff coming for Wheelersburg. Not as bad as Valley but it's coming.
Teams in the area can only hope there is a drop in our talent

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Oak wrote:So when Valley, Ironton, and West had very good teams in the last few years and beat Wheelersburg they should've been crying the next year to drop Wheelersburg because they didn't prepare them to advance in the playoffs?
This post is a joke... Even when the Burg had had a few down years it is rare that they get blown out....Every Team wants to beat the Burg more than any other Team in this area... Get over it...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Burg is the team of the deep south now

Watch out for Waverly

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

This Waverly talk, I really don't understand. They are much improved but they won't hang with Burg. I'd be shocked to see Wheelersburg lose this year.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Oak wrote:So how many years in a row has Wheelersburg went 10-0? From reading this they must go undefeated every year?
Just as much as you can't go off jr high scores, it's hard to judge talent at that age level. Footbll clicks for different kids at different levels. The 2004 Wheelersburg team which would of been the 2005 seniors didn't have a winning record until they were juniors. Their senior year they won a league title while beating quite a few teams that beat them in jr high and were a couple plays away from winning a regional title.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

As they say, every dog has it's day, but I believe everyone is going to be looking at the back side of that BURG dog this year as they tear down the field towards the end zone. I am more worried about today's game more than any other. Unfamiliar surroundings on a Saturday afternoon against a school that has improved and plays in a tough Cincinnati league. Safe travels BURG and take care of business and bring home the "W".

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Just checked the weather report for Cincy.

Thunderstorms starting around 12 and not suppose to let up until 330.

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Other than Burgfan, any of the local stations carrying the game today?

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Just take care of today's business first.

Then we start what will be an entertaining Week 5 thread lol.

jnraider1999
Waterboy

Post by jnraider1999 »

as far as Burg goes as a outsider looking in there a very good team best I have seen for a awhile there big and fast also they can just do about whatever they want against whoever they want too they shouldn't have any problem going 10-0 at all mostly likely beating Jackson by 3 scores and beating waverly by as much as they want and there season will come to a end when they play Coldwater whether being in the semi finals or the state title game depending on the state pairings

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

jnraider1999 wrote:as far as Burg goes as a outsider looking in there a very good team best I have seen for a awhile there big and fast also they can just do about whatever they want against whoever they want too they shouldn't have any problem going 10-0 at all mostly likely beating Jackson by 3 scores and beating waverly by as much as they want and there season will come to a end when they play Coldwater whether being in the semi finals or the state title game depending on the state pairings
Agree with you mostly.

More worried about Waverly than Jackson.

Jackson gave up a ton of yardage to a not very good Western Brown team last night, so playing them first may help us get ready for the Waverly game.

But let's go out and dispense with NCH first.

Return to “Football”