theheels72
Waterboy

Portsmouth West 2008

Post by theheels72 »

What do people think about this group ?

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

If this "group" does what is expected of them, they should ROCK in 2008!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

From what I've been told, the outlook for next year is very good. Rules have been laid down as to Weight room and offseason workouts. So far, the turnout has been great.

Size and strength were the weaknesses of this years team. Also depth and numbers in that area. We'll be much improved their this year. This should help our blocking and defense of the run.

West will be tough to handle in 08.

Jozef
Riding the Bench

Post by Jozef »

who laid the rules down?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Coach Triplett

I really believe that he's gonna make West a contender most every year for the SOC and a playoff birth. It just takes time. The talent's there. They just need leadership.

I believe West can be a program, not just a good team every few years like most schools. Ironton, Wheelersburg, etc; their good programs. They have dedication and backing. I truly believe that we have someone here know who wants the same thing. The guy just needs a chance. He walked into the firepit at Ironton, where he was setup to fail. At West he got here late and really just felt things out last year. Give him some time and we'll be very good.

theheels72
Waterboy

Post by theheels72 »

I agree Siderman, give him a chance.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Also agree. Having had 2 first year seasons in a row is tough enough, now the concentration can be on things that need to be done, fixed, changed, and fine tuned, and that is being done. Hope the West kids get stronger every day and work hard to match the talent they have!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

It takes time to get a team to win year after year. Getting the kids in the weight room helps to get players working hard and helping out one another. Gives more opportuntity to share knowledge of football while giving confidence to support a winning attitude.

It was said that West was hard on outside coaches. Triplett seems to be making improvements. They should do well next year as long as they continue to work hard.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

One advantage both the coach and kids have now is that Triplett is a teacher within the West school system, something badly needed at West. Triplett and family moved to the area and transferred their daughter there also. From what I understand, they are very happy with West. Best of luck to the kids and coaches next year!!!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

It is a big advantage to have a coach at the school during the day. Many things go on during the school day. It also helps the coach to see and talk to other teachers to help the players to stay up on the school work.
Glad Coach Triplett is being accepted into the community and his hard work will pay off.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Everyone that I've talked to about Triplett says what a great guy he is. He fits in very well on the west side. Very open and cordial, yet won't take any bull. I feel that he has the backbone to make decisions, even if their unpopular.

The part about being a teacher, I couldn't agree more. Another benefit is that he does alot of recruiting in the hallway trying to get kids out. He's also there to make sure they keep up on their workouts.

He's gonna win and win big at West. You just wait and see.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I think Coach -T will do fine with next years team. One of the keys I feel will be the Coaching Staff he puts together. I heard that he only had 3 paid coaches on the staff last year from 7th thru 12th. West needs to step back and ask to we want to be a football power or not. If yes then West needs to work with Coach-T on this issue.

By the way good luck!!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

You have to have more than 3 paid coaches or some very good volunteer coaches. With the price of gas it doesn't hurt for the volunteers to get some money for their time.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

I'm so glad to hear that coach T is getting the respect he deserves at PW.
He'll deffinatley have the kids worked into a lather and ready to take on next season. Work hard at getting stronger and the rest will fall into place.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
~Patrick Henry
BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

I can guarantee one thing,give coach T time and West will be one of the strongest if not the strongest team around.West has a very good coach and I am glad to hear that coach T. is happy and doing well at West.Good luck next season to coach T. and the entire West football program.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Does West play Sheridan again next year? Is the schedule the same? What division are most of the teams on your next year schedule?

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

With all of their talent coming back, you'd think West should be the SOC II favorite.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I'd say Waverly will have something to say about that.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I thought some fans at the West/Sheridan game said that the two schools won't be playing in 2008.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I thought some fans at the West/Sheridan game said that the two schools won't be playing in 2008.

West will be playing South Point this year and dropping Sherdian off of the schedule.

Return to “Football”