Portsmouth West 2008

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Jozef wrote:
Heard that guy was not working out , said he was a good guy , but they want someone with more footbal knowledge.

heard they was going with another Bricker/Brickey ?

What?

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

The other coach besides Miller that helped last year was Wheeler...I suspect Coach T. will want both to help next year. Wheeler did a great job from what I heard all the coaches were an asset for West last year. Good luck next year and hopefully things will change as far as more paid coaches on staff. It would be great to see the West school board step up and acknowledge that kind of hard work.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I'd like to know how many other schools in the area pay for comparison. Maybe the boosters can help. I know I've heard rumblings about the boosters having to pay for alot of stuff that the school should have been purchasing. This stuff really needs looked into.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

black76 wrote:The other coach besides Miller that helped last year was Wheeler...I suspect Coach T. will want both to help next year. Wheeler did a great job from what I heard all the coaches were an asset for West last year. Good luck next year and hopefully things will change as far as more paid coaches on staff. It would be great to see the West school board step up and acknowledge that kind of hard work.

That is good to hear we need quality Coaches.

I did some research about him at last nights Ashland vs Ironton basketball game. All I heard was how hard he works and his love of the kids. Come to find out he has done some coaching outside the state of Ohio not only in football but as a baseball coach has well. There were a few parents kids he had coached in baseball and they felt he was also a very good baseball coach. All I can say we better go out and get him because someone else will.

Jozef
Riding the Bench

Post by Jozef »

OSU 77 wrote:
black76 wrote:The other coach besides Miller that helped last year was Wheeler...I suspect Coach T. will want both to help next year. Wheeler did a great job from what I heard all the coaches were an asset for West last year. Good luck next year and hopefully things will change as far as more paid coaches on staff. It would be great to see the West school board step up and acknowledge that kind of hard work.

That is good to hear we need quality Coaches.

I did some research about him at last nights Ashland vs Ironton basketball game. All I heard was how hard he works and his love of the kids. Come to find out he has done some coaching outside the state of Ohio not only in football but as a baseball coach has well. There were a few parents kids he had coached in baseball and they felt he was also a very good baseball coach. All I can say we better go out and get him because someone else will.

not to be nit picking, but if he was such a good "thing' why didnt Ironton keep him on?

I was only commenting on what a parent told me a few weks ago, that they was going to hire someone else, and know nothing about this guy, just what I have heard.

I find it funny you atre from West, and was at a Ironton / Ashland game, when West had a game on the same night, was that the reason to research on the coach?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Jozef there you go nit picking at OSU 77 because he went to an Ironton game and asked people about the coach talking to more than one person. Which is a way of going out to find info instead of just taking your word on it from one person you have talked to. You seem to have a problem with Coach T and try to put him down all the time.

Jozef
Riding the Bench

Post by Jozef »

did not knoww e was talking about coach T.

was just confused about where osu 77 is from, above he says "we" need to go out and get him, as if he is a Sider, and then makes this post.

osumufan
SEO

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do all the schools in Lawrence County have to travel out of the county to play a game? South Point, Rock Hill and Fairland all have or will have a new gym for this? This stinks. At least last year we had one or two games at Rock Hill

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

no biggie to me, just trying to keep up with things.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Well Jozef you seem to be doing research on what a poster would post and not on topic concerning OSU77. Also you did not mention Coach T in your post but you started a topic not long ago to put down Coach T and it was deleted.

Jozef
Riding the Bench

Post by Jozef »

I have never started a thread downing coach T.

you have me confused.

happy holidays

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

no I do not have you confused you started it when you joined and started making comments on many topics to stir people up. I am not confused on this because I even responded to that topic because you spelled Triplett wrong.

Jozef
Riding the Bench

Post by Jozef »

farmer wrote:no I do not have you confused you started it when you joined and started making comments on many topics to stir people up. I am not confused on this because I even responded to that topic because you spelled Triplett wrong.

I remember that thread, and remember you calling me out for spelling Tripps name wrong, but in no way I downed him, I simply ask what the people of West thought about him, and for some strange reason it was taken down.

I see this question ask time and time on here, but when it concerns "2 teams" about anything gets taken down in fear of all the Drama.

there is no post of mine now or EVER where I have put Triplett down

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Jozef wrote:
farmer wrote:no I do not have you confused you started it when you joined and started making comments on many topics to stir people up. I am not confused on this because I even responded to that topic because you spelled Triplett wrong.

I remember that thread, and remember you calling me out for spelling Tripps name wrong, but in no way I downed him, I simply ask what the people of West thought about him, and for some strange reason it was taken down.

I see this question ask time and time on here, but when it concerns "2 teams" about anything gets taken down in fear of all the Drama.

there is no post of mine now or EVER where I have put Triplett down

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Jozef I thought you didn't start that topic but then you remember me calling you out on it??? That shows a lot about you and when you say you never downed Coach T that topic you started before asked if he was leaving. Then you wonder why your topic was deleted before. Seems like you get a lot of your statements turned around for some reason. You said before I had you confused and you are right YOU ARE CONFUSED.

Jozef
Riding the Bench

Post by Jozef »

farmer wrote:Jozef I thought you didn't start that topic but then you remember me calling you out on it??? That shows a lot about you and when you say you never downed Coach T that topic you started before asked if he was leaving. Then you wonder why your topic was deleted before. Seems like you get a lot of your statements turned around for some reason. You said before I had you confused and you are right YOU ARE CONFUSED.

you are still confused..I said I did not start any topic..DOWNING COACH T :!: ..I simply ask a ?.

you understand now :?:

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Jozef I got an idea, why don't cha go post on the Ironton threads....many Ironton people loved Coach T, kids still call him from there, parents miss him, as someone else put it, a little group of BOB groupies made Triplett's life pretty miserable there....he had a two year contract and left on his own...after all, he stated all along he would let BOB come back if he wanted to and he wanted to. Can't get much simplier than that. The main problem as I see it is that BOB took his toys and went home and his staff did whatever he did. Next time BOB gets mad and quits, and his staff quits too(which won't happen again cause they have to keep it in the fam)but if it did, the Ironton folks need to support whoever is working their butts off to pull the program back together, not make it harder for them. NOW IS THAT CLEAR? THIS IS A WEST THREAD, BACK ON TOPIC.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

local superstar wrote:Jozef I got an idea, why don't cha go post on the Ironton threads....many Ironton people loved Coach T, kids still call him from there, parents miss him, as someone else put it, a little group of BOB groupies made Triplett's life pretty miserable there....he had a two year contract and left on his own...after all, he stated all along he would let BOB come back if he wanted to and he wanted to. Can't get much simplier than that. The main problem as I see it is that BOB took his toys and went home and his staff did whatever he did. Next time BOB gets mad and quits, if his staff quits too, the Ironton folks need to support whoever is working their butts off to pull the program back together, not make it harder for them. NOW IS THAT CLEAR? THIS IS A WEST THREAD, BACK ON TOPIC.

Amen and well said.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

P.S. Jozef, it is amazing how many Ironton folks now whole heartedly support West also.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Why the attacks on Caoch Tripplet? He seems to have done a good job everywhere he has been. If he could get his own coaching staff in place at West, I think that the turnaround will be big.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

falconflyer wrote:Why the attacks on Caoch Tripplet? He seems to have done a good job everywhere he has been. If he could get his own coaching staff in place at West, I think that the turnaround will be big.

Not only big but very good for the school has a whole.

theheels72
Waterboy

Post by theheels72 »

I think that this coming year will be alot better now that coach knows the kids better. They are hitting the weights hard now, which wasn't done that much at this time of the year last year. Coach said we were weaker last year. This coming year we should be bigger, stronger, and faster. That is a good combination, plus the senior and junior class we have returning should make for a good combination for a team. Throw in a few of the sophomores and you have a very good team. Keep it up in the weight room cause everybody knows how important that is. Go West!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Return to “Football”