Jackson Ironmen 2008

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Does anybody think Conroy will try to come back home to Coach the rest of his career?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

No Jackson doesn't allow administration to coach any longer.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Get rid of the dude that made this rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bballfan1
Waterboy

Post by bballfan1 »

This is probably the only decision that I agree with that the current administration has made. Adminstrators should not coach. With the accountability with test scores and with all of the ramifications that go with not meeting testing standards administrators have enough on their plate. School should be academics first. Also, why would an administrator want to coach. They have to put up with cry baby whiny parents already, now they would have to take complaints from parents because their child is not getting enough playing time etc.. Finally, a good football coach spends a TON of time in the offseason with weight training and conditioning. An administrator would have to miss alot of the offseason conditioning. Never thought I would agree with the super on anything, but I do agree with this decision.

I still think Athens leaving the league was nothing more than cowardly actions. They knew the travel that was going to be involved when they decided to join the league, and then they jump ship. I feel there is no excuse or justification at all other than they cannot compete and do not want to put the effort into their athletic program to make it better. I guess we need to find another team or maybe hope Zanesville finds another league and then it would even both sides up. Good luck to the AD's trying to find a good solution for all sports.

Apollo Creed
Waterboy

Post by Apollo Creed »

There is no new coach needed in Jackson right now.

bballfan1
Waterboy

Post by bballfan1 »

Apollo: I agree.

the Kool-Aid Man
Freshman Team

Post by the Kool-Aid Man »

I also agree. There is no Head Coach that cares more about his kids on and off the field as Coach Wolford does, and he also has a very good staff under him.

TipTopShape
Waterboy

Post by TipTopShape »

Coach wolford does care about his kids alot and only wants what is best...but he has to get more plays in his playbook...other then run run run run oh! and run.............it just doesnt work everytime

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

The weight room this winter will be a big factor towards their season next year.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson Ironmen 2008

Post by JacksonI »

[color=#FF0000]
The QBs job is josh browns position,steven rainey will not be left guard that will be either Tyler Gillum's or Jimmy Brushart's job which both did quite good at jv this year,even tho gillum played mostly tight end through out the jv season, Ryan Hughes is gone, i highly doubt frankie mapes playing end that will be klingamen,and maybe adams/glassburns, AND I HIGHLY DOUBT BROWN PLAYING LB W/BEING THE STARTING QB FOR THE IRONMEN....and i think the lolb job will once again be left between brushart and gillum because both has ability,speed,and awareness and both had really good sucess at the jv level so why not varsity?
[/color]

football_fan_09
Waterboy

Post by football_fan_09 »

What do you mean hughes is gone??? :cry:

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

He is now a Piketon Redstreak and will be a great asset to their program.

football_fan_09
Waterboy

i hate to see a kid like him go.he had some high expectations.if im allowed asking does anyone know what caused the move? i couldnt see him choosing to move

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Families job I believe. Big loss to the Ironmen line.

football_fan_09
Waterboy

thats what i thought. i really hate to see him go.any chance of him coming back?

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

I don't know about that. It would be great if he did.

football_fan_09
Waterboy

what yeah i understand.now i never got to watch this young man play...but what i hear is that he was a tremendous athlete and young man any information on that? and any word on him and college

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

He played with my son this past season and he is very athletic and someone should want him for the next level.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

[size=150][/size]a big update...mr. ryan hughes is back in jackson not enrolled back in school yet but as to this date everything is looking as him being back with us the jackson ironmen baby.....and yes i think boggs will play somewhere on offense maybe some time @ wing maybe or possibly we could run maybe a 2qb offense because boggs can deff make people miss running the ball ive watched this kid practice and brown can release some speed and moves at times i would like to seem them both possibly play qb..like switching in and out every like 10 plays or something in that nature

football_fan_09
Waterboy

Thats the kind of stuff i want to hear i would love to see him come back!!! i talked to a couple piketon kids and coaches and they say that he has been in the weigth room down there a couple of times and for a kid that has not lifted or anything since last season he came in and looked and did an excellent job. And i also heard he did some track conditioning and seemed to be doing well at that also........................what was jacksons new schedule?

Return to “Football”