Ashland 27 Ironton 3

farmer
SEOP

Re: Ashland 27 Ironton 3

Post by farmer »

fred_flinstone wrote:Are you completely ignoring my post? All of these players agree they don't want to play for this guy anymore that's why they aren't inspired, their coach isn't inspired. He's on the burning lava smoldering magma hot seat. It's all about the coach and the type of persona he gives of to his players they have to have somebody they believe in and they don't.

So why be on the team? As I said it is not one problem.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

fred_flinstone wrote:FARMER AND IBTT ARE THE SAME PERSON LOL
Wow there you go being so wrong again Fred. I am just 1 poster under 1 name.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

It's sad to see no positives. The game plan just doesn't work. We need an updated offense the T is difficult to run if you don't block or have a special back. We need an offense that will score based on strategy and talent. We have good coaches that are good people but any fan can see that offense has been ineffective. Then we don't stop passing well enough.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

All I will say players are a reflection of their head coach.

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Game day you are right on! And Farmer you just continue to tell me I am wrong, you have not combatted anything I have said. I know you are not the same person as IBTT, but you might as well be.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Your mental toughness starts in the off season conditioning program. Ironton has had none for the past 3 years. They hired someone in May to help with that but it is too late then. There is still a lot of ball games to play but I am not paying to see this kind of effort on the field.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Say what you want about fans not being part of the process. The 90's and 80's teams knew it was tough if not impossible to win at the Tank. That is not there now. You can say it doesn't mean anything but it did. Not only to the other teams coaches and players but how the fans talked before and after the game. Put that all together it would effect the play on the field. Even on the very good teams It also helped inspire the home team as well as the refs. The refs can be debated but the big crowds did have an effect. Still the players play and coaches coach is the main thing that effects the team. Should not matter but it has and has infected the attitudes of all involved and the play on the field.

Say whatever you want if you really examine the program. It has been going down for years. Ironton does not have the amount of players other schools have. Then for years people say they are not in shape. Going back to the last years of Lutz being there. Other schools have put more into their programs. While Ironton wants to put more effort in Tradition and past. Instead of working hard on and off the field to improve and earn it. Would rather finger point at others. It is a process to win games with everyone working together. That builds the program and attitude needed. The whole program needs worked on not just a change of coaches.

Ironton attitude can be compared to the University of Miami. Not going there on the recruiting and things. Both had great fan support and very overpowering winning records at home. Miami does not have that strong of a home field advantage as they use to. Miami has tried a variety of coaches. The fan support is not there. The past is the past. Which also effects the team in various ways. Miami keeps playing. Ironton keeps playing. Til the players and coaches take responsibility for their actions instead of making excuses things will continue. The the support will come. Not the blind support as in the past. Coaches can't play the game but the players/fans can not coach the game either.

Enjoy looking at just one thing to fix the team instead of fixing the program and holding everyone responsible for their actions.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

osu 77 wrote:Your mental toughness starts in the off season conditioning program. Ironton has had none for the past 3 years. They hired someone in May to help with that but it is too late then. There is still a lot of ball games to play but I am not paying to see this kind of effort on the field.
Your mental toughness is year round. When you are being pushed by someone and when they are not there you push yourself. Hold yourself accountable. Not taking in all the excuses not to work hard. Or to be able to flip a switch like it is a video game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow, I listened to this game last night and the thought in my head that kept coming to the forefront was if we don't beat south point next week, we may not win another game. they just sounded like there was no fight left in the fighting tigers. it truly is sad to see. and like 79tiger said. when you're on the field you don't even really hear or pay attention to the crowd because you are so focused , bodies going everywhere. hits coming from anywhere. you hear the occasional eruption of the crowd. but you should already be focused and fired up.i have talked with so many players through the last couple of years, and they all say the same thing. time for a complete over haul of everything.i still love my tigers, hate that I can't be there for them. but I have listened to every painful minute of all 4 games.my heart goes out to everybody involved, players , fans, band, cheerleaders, past players. and coal grove, Chesapeake, and rock hill are rolling. I wasn't even aware that rock hill lost till about 10:20 am Saturday. I thought they won. so that must have been a crazy finish. last I heard on the radio I thought they were still ahead. gonna be a longggggggg rest of the season. and teams that never had a chance with the tigers may just tee of on them. but you cannot lose until you quit trying . no matter what the record is. sad times at dear ole ironton high.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I have never seen a team fall so far in such a short time frame. Made my last trip down to see them play. I don't think there is a coach on that staff that can motivate anybody. If a coach can't motivate the kids to play it's time for a new coach.

FORREST GUMP
Waterboy

Post by FORREST GUMP »

FORREST SAYS: :roll: :roll: I love the new look kitties!!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Sadly not shocked with this result.

Will changes be coming at Ironton? Soon?

The light at the end of the tunnel does not seem to be any where it sight.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Doesn't matter if this staff are "good people" or not, I am sure they are trying.

But business is business and personal it personal. The Ironton administration needs to say thank you for what you did, it isn't working out, and make a change after this year. No hard feelings, no drama, just be professional and at the end of the year and make a change.

In the meantime, have realistic expectations based on the team you DO HAVE and try and salvage the second half of the season and win your league.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Abe Froman wrote:Doesn't matter if this staff are "good people" or not, I am sure they are trying.

But business is business and personal it personal. The Ironton administration needs to say thank you for what you did, it isn't working out, and make a change after this year. No hard feelings, no drama, just be professional and at the end of the year and make a change.

In the meantime, have realistic expectations based on the team you DO HAVE and try and salvage the second half of the season and win your league.
I agree....

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

farmer wrote:
ELChapo wrote:If the kids are going against what the coaches call, then you pull them from the game. Simple as that. That is not a valid excuse, IMO.

Looks like someone is trying to deflect blame from the giant elephant in the room.
Elephant in the room. You just want coaches gone. Reality that is not going to fix your problem.

It is definitely a good start. The culture has to change and that starts with the coach. You also can't have parents cussing their children who are playing and have them jerk their kids off the field. The program is becoming an embarrassment

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

ELChapo wrote:
farmer wrote:
ELChapo wrote:If the kids are going against what the coaches call, then you pull them from the game. Simple as that. That is not a valid excuse, IMO.

Looks like someone is trying to deflect blame from the giant elephant in the room.
Elephant in the room. You just want coaches gone. Reality that is not going to fix your problem.

It is definitely a good start. The culture has to change and that starts with the co.ach. You also can't have parents cussing their children who are playing and have them jerk their kids off the field. The program is becoming an embarrassment[/quote

WOW you think that cussing at kids and physically have to move them to get them to do right is the only way when they are not playing football. Guess that also means you think coaches should do that also. Sure says a lot about the kids being COACHABLE.
So parents can not be there to just support a player but to be honest and help.

If the players gave the effort they in the classroom or a job as they are on the field it will not get them far in life.

Just as you described it is not just the coaches that need a change to the program. So put a new motor in but your transmission is stuck in reverse. Hoping it will eventually will fix itself.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

frankie wrote:ole' bait we too hate you can't be here for em'. If you would have been here and walked in that locker room at half and led them in the ol' 1-2-Tigerbait, we might have seen a different outcome. I am sure. When you can't make it maybe each week they can have a drawing or something. One lucky fan can lead the chant...I-2-Tigerbait, 1-2-Tigerbait. Get the spirit and tradition back in Fighting Tiger Football. One fan at a time. More fan involvement might just be the game changer. farmer you in ?
That is a good start. I am not in as I am unable to make it the next 3 weeks.
When you think of being an Ironton Player in the mid 70's to early 90's. They were looked up to at school and around town. People would be happy to see them and talk up football. Whatever support needed on and off the field was given. Then on the fan support during this time during the games. Yes it shouldn't matter to the players on the field. Well the politically correct answer. LOL For the past players hard to truly answer that when you always had support. Hard to dismiss the fans when a big play is made and the crowd is rocking. When you can hear the noise for blocks around the Tank. Sure makes it hard for the players not to get pumped or give them even more to play for. As well as having some effect over the other teams.

Return to “Football”