Portsmouth 33 Rock Hill 32

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Portsmouth 33 Rock Hill 32

Post by noreply66 »

Sounds like Portmouth got stronger as the game went into 4th and RH went the other way.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Portsmouth made the adjustments and Rock Hill didnt...I don't know if it was a bad game or what but Rock Hill didn't live up to the hype that has been talked about on here.

Gonzo
Waterboy

Post by Gonzo »

Oh boy, didn't make it to the game. I took in another game. Listened to it sounded like a great game. Sounded like RH gave them all they wanted in the first half. Trojans made some adjustments by stacking the box. Then that's all she wrote. Think old Gonzo said all it would take would be someone to control the run. Sounds like the RH D had a good game. Officiating sounded terrible. Learn from the lumps and move on.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Great win Trojans! Looks like the battle with west then the burg game has toughened up this young team! You guys have a tough schedule but really nice to see ya stepping up and fighting! Keep it up!

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Gonzo wrote:Oh boy, didn't make it to the game. I took in another game. Listened to it sounded like a great game. Sounded like RH gave them all they wanted in the first half. Trojans made some adjustments by stacking the box. Then that's all she wrote. Think old Gonzo said all it would take would be someone to control the run. Sounds like the RH D had a good game. Officiating sounded terrible. Learn from the lumps and move on.
Rock Hill seemed to have abseloutely no interest at all in throwing the ball.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Portsmouth98 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Oh boy, didn't make it to the game. I took in another game. Listened to it sounded like a great game. Sounded like RH gave them all they wanted in the first half. Trojans made some adjustments by stacking the box. Then that's all she wrote. Think old Gonzo said all it would take would be someone to control the run. Sounds like the RH D had a good game. Officiating sounded terrible. Learn from the lumps and move on.
Rock Hill seemed to have abseloutely no interest at all in throwing the ball.
I don't think that's aloud in lawrence co :D

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Great win TROJANS!! Very proud of our players and coaches!!

I seriously had my doubts about us winning this game when the Redmen went up 32-14, but our kids never quit and fought back to go 3-1 on the season. Our coaching staff made some good defensive adjustments in the second half which limited the Rock Hill offense to 6 points, that being on the opening drive of the 3rd quarter. After that, the PHS stop troops did a great job on the RH ground attack, which accumulated a lot of real estate in the first 2 quarters.

This was definitely a team win, as there were many who made key plays. Luke Purdy, Ryan Williams, Talyn Parker, and Austin Lansing all deserve accolades for their play......Luke also is very good on kickoffs and has had several touchbacks this season. Our new kicker split the uprights on all but 1 extra point. He looks to be a legitimate field goal threat which we may need at some point.

This was a huge game for computer points for the Trojans......and with West beating Wellston, it gave Portsmouth an added boost to that. A winning season is very possible for us.......and that would be absolutely a gigantic step forward in our football program.

GO TROJANS!!!
Last edited by trojandave on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Must have been a heck of a game to watch.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LAST I HEARD ROCK HILL WAS LEADING. DIDN'T KNOW TILL ABOUT 1020AM THAT THE TROJANS WON.
SO CONGRATS TO THE MEN OF TROY. AND SOUNDS LIKE AN AWESOME EFFORT BY ''THE TRIBE''. THAT MUST HAVE BEEN AN AMAZING GAME TO SEE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'D GIVE ANYTHING TO BE IN THE TRIBES SHOES RIGHT NOW AT 3-1.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Sounds like someone cut the Internet cord they all share in Pedro. Talk about going ghost......those RH fans disappeared!

RHHSfan4life
Waterboy

Post by RHHSfan4life »

:lol:
The Real Hill wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Sounds like someone cut the Internet cord they all share in Pedro. Talk about going ghost......those RH fans disappeared!
I'd say one of your Portsmouth meth heads cut the phone lines to steal the copper.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The Real Hill wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Sounds like someone cut the Internet cord they all share in Pedro. Talk about going ghost......those RH fans disappeared!
I'd say one of your Portsmouth meth heads cut the phone lines to steal the copper.

Bleeding is a Minford fan and I'm sure the good stuff is coming from right out of Pedro.

Gonzo
Waterboy

Post by Gonzo »

Better work on throwing! Give that QB some reps in the game!

The Real Hill
Waterboy

Post by The Real Hill »

How many picks your guy throw?

Gonzo
Waterboy

Post by Gonzo »

The Real Hill wrote:How many picks your guy throw?
???? Just saying can't expect young man to come in and throw, when he don't throw all night. Common sense tells you that.

The Real Hill
Waterboy

Post by The Real Hill »

Gonzo wrote:
???? Just saying can't expect young man to come in and throw, when he don't throw all night. Common sense tells you that.
I agree. An 18 point lead, they should have just ran the clock and not thrown or go no huddle with a lead like that.

Gonzo
Waterboy

Post by Gonzo »

The Real Hill wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
I agree. An 18 point lead, they should have just ran the clock and not thrown or go no huddle with a lead like that.
Just need to mix it up.

Gonzo
Waterboy

Post by Gonzo »

Gonzo wrote:
To answer your question I don't have a dog in the fight. I like to watch all local teams in the Tri state.

chubby_checker
Waterboy

Post by chubby_checker »

Man...how classy are RH fans? Are there no crackheads in Pedro? Sounds like sour grapes to this ole' fart

Return to “Football”