Who should be the 8th member of the TVC OHIO?

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

I think everyone would agree that an 8 team league is the way to go, with that being said let Army and Boilermaker get their wish and give Wellston an early start on getting into the SVC. Send Waterford, Miller, Eastern, and Southern down the road also. Reunify the TVC with NY, Vinton County, Meigs, Belpre, Athens, Trimble, Federal Hocking, and Alexander.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I like that idea the best, but not very likely... If Belpre and NY joined the hocking with trimble and crooksville that's a decent league... Waterford has been decent lately as well... but keeping all this in mind...

Look at this:

TVC Ohio:
Athens - 3
Vinton C - 3
Warren - 3
Meigs - 4
Wellston - 4
Alexander - 4
*River Valley - 4
Nelsonville York - 5

TVC Hocking:
*Crooksville - 5
*Belpre - 5
Fed Hock - 5
Trimble - 6
Waterford - 6
Southern - 6
Miller - 6
Eastern - 6

After looking at it I would maybe even switch River Valley with Crooksville or Belpre... keeps both divisions at 8 teams... NY could play Crooksville Trimble and Belpre as their non-conference... that would be a good schedule! Or you could find a way to have a formula for all the teams in the TVC play 3 teams in the other side (like this):

TVC O #1 plays TVC H 1-2-3
TVC O #2 plays TVC H 1-3-4
TVC O #3 plays TVC H 1-2-4
TVC O #4 plays TVC H 2-3-5
TVC O #5 plays TVC H 4-6-7
TVC O #6 plays TVC H 5-7-8
TVC O #7 plays TVC H 5-6-8
TVC O #8 plays TVC H 6-7-8

Obvously you would be going on the season before and games might not be as good as they could be, but both sides of the TVC would be able to play a tougher non-conference schedule and the lower teams in the league will have a better chance to win more games which help with computer points. You would not have to worry about non-confernce schedule any more, but you are also not locked in to the same old team (good or bad) in the non-conference. I'm sure there may be a lot of other things that would have to be worked out, but the more I type the more sense it makes. It could also create some upset possibilities for the Hocking which makes the games early in the year exciting.

Yes this would also keep NY in the Ohio but their schedule would be awfully tough! But I haven't been back in a while. The downfall may be that NY could lose it's rivalry with Trimble depending on where they finish in the league.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

buckfan84 wrote:Give Warren a few more years in the SEOAL and they will be begging to go to another league.

There is more to Warren Athletics than footbal and Warren does quite well in the other sports. Care to take a look at the number of SEOAL championships Warren has since the new SEOAL started. As bad as the Warren football team was in the SEOAL this year they did beat the TVC Ohio Champion on its home field this year.

Army
S

Post by Army »

fighting_falcon wrote:
buckfan84 wrote:Give Warren a few more years in the SEOAL and they will be begging to go to another league.

There is more to Warren Athletics than footbal and Warren does quite well in the other sports. Care to take a look at the number of SEOAL championships Warren has since the new SEOAL started. As bad as the Warren football team was in the SEOAL this year they did beat the TVC Ohio Champion on its home field this year.

That's a good one.

Army
S

Post by Army »

91Buckeye wrote:I think everyone would agree that an 8 team league is the way to go, with that being said let Army and Boilermaker get their wish and give Wellston an early start on getting into the SVC. Send Waterford, Miller, Eastern, and Southern down the road also. Reunify the TVC with NY, Vinton County, Meigs, Belpre, Athens, Trimble, Federal Hocking, and Alexander.

91Buckeye,
Yeah...I can't speak for boilermaker but I know I would love my Alma Mater in the SVC. :-D

Close Conference, Close Travel, Great Rapport with the SVC Teams except Westfall. Wellston I don't think has ever played them in any sports, unlike Piketon and all the Ross County Schools within the SVC.

I like the idea of your TVC pushing out those you don't want either. That way they can re-start the SVAC with Reedsville Eastern Meigs , Racine Southern Meigs, Chesire River Valley, Mercerville South Gallia, Wahama, WV and they would even take in Corning Miller and Waterford and you have the SVAC with a 7 Team League that could beat some of your TVC teams.. :-D

When I was in H.S. at Wellston the TVC you are posting above was one big JOKE to all of the SEOAL. We played three TVC Teams my Senior Year and destroyed all three on the field. They were Nelsonville-York, who we all had fond memories pf playing against in the SEOAL and running them over. Then Stewart Federal Hocking and McArthur Vinton County... :!:

The Vikings as usual, were always a mat to run over, back then in FB. :-D

Corning Miller not good enough to keep huh? Although didn't they come in with Trimble? :roll:

Don't forget to add Athens to your already weak TVC. :lol:

There goes NY's chances of winning The FB Championship every season...with Trimble back in there part of TVC, huh :?: :-D

ARMY :-D

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

fighting_falcon wrote:

I didn't mean to imply that Warren was only about football. But, to say Warren can compete with Chilly and Zanesville in basketball the past 2 yrs, and from what I have read for many years to come, may be too much for the Warriors.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Army wrote:
91Buckeye wrote:I think everyone would agree that an 8 team league is the way to go, with that being said let Army and Boilermaker get their wish and give Wellston an early start on getting into the SVC. Send Waterford, Miller, Eastern, and Southern down the road also. Reunify the TVC with NY, Vinton County, Meigs, Belpre, Athens, Trimble, Federal Hocking, and Alexander.

91Buckeye,
Yeah...I can't speak for boilermaker but I know I would love my Alma Mater in the SVC. :-D

Close Conference, Close Travel, Great Rapport with the SVC Teams except Westfall. Wellston I don't think has ever played them in any sports, unlike Piketon and all the Ross County Schools within the SVC.

I like the idea of your TVC pushing out those you don't want either. That way they can re-start the SVAC with Reedsville Eastern Meigs , Racine Southern Meigs, Chesire River Valley, Mercerville South Gallia, Wahama, WV and they would even take in Corning Miller and Waterford and you have the SVAC with a 7 Team League that could beat some of your TVC teams.. :-D

When I was in H.S. at Wellston the TVC you are posting above was one big JOKE to all of the SEOAL. We played three TVC Teams my Senior Year and destroyed all three on the field. They were Nelsonville-York, who we all had fond memories pf playing against in the SEOAL and running them over. Then Stewart Federal Hocking and McArthur Vinton County... :!:

The Vikings as usual, were always a mat to run over, back then in FB. :-D

Corning Miller not good enough to keep huh? Although didn't they come in with Trimble? :roll:

Don't forget to add Athens to your already weak TVC. :lol:

There goes NY's chances of winning The FB Championship every season...with Trimble back in there part of TVC, huh :?: :-D

ARMY :-D

That was many moons ago, I am sure. BTW, if you are saying the TVC is weak, what are you saying about your Rockets?

And yes, I am sure the Buckeyes will have their hands full when Ironton comes to Boston Field. But I would think that it should be applauded that NY scheduled a tough opponent to help prepare for potential post season play.

I don't think anyone wants to see Wellston leave the TVC. BTW, Boilermaker has turned things around again. He seems to not be in a bad mood and was downright friendly on his last few posts. So let's leave him out of the mix.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

buckfan84
I think Warren will be just fine in sports other than football (including basketball - boys and girls). Chilli is probably a final four team in DII and Zanesville is at least a regional team in DI. They won't be every year and other teams will have a shot, as will Warren.

Other than Football currently there are no easy outs in any other sports vs Warren even for Chilli and Zanesville. In my opinion it will only make football and basketball even better over time.

I remember when Warren left the TVC and took it on the chin in the SEOAL for a while. But as people will tell you year after year now it come down to Warren vs Marietta for the all sports trophy. Marietta has been beating us because of Tennis.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Army wrote:When I was in H.S. at Wellston the TVC you are posting above was one big JOKE to all of the SEOAL. We played three TVC Teams my Senior Year and destroyed all three on the field. They were Nelsonville-York, who we all had fond memories pf playing against in the SEOAL and running them over. Then Stewart Federal Hocking and McArthur Vinton County...

Army, I like how you conveniently talk about one year Wellston "dominated" the TVC. NY played Wellston seven times in the 1970's and early 80's with NY in the TVC and Wellston in the SEOAL and NY won the non-league series!!!

1975 Wellston (A) 29-0
1976 Nelsonville-York (H) 7-6
1977 Nelsonville-York (A) 13-0
1978 Wellston (H) 28-13
1979 Wellston (A) 22-6
1980 Nelsonville-York (H) 32-0
1981 Nelsonville-York (A) 32-15

The only years Wellston has beat NY ON THE FIELD since joining the TVC in 1982 were: 1986, 1999, 2001, and 2002. Four TVC wins on the field! So I guess Wellston, as a member of the SEOAL, winning three games out of seven against TVC member NY would be domination compared to Wellston's performance against NY after the Golden Rockets joined the TVC!
:lol:

Army wrote:There goes NY's chances of winning The FB Championship every season...with Trimble back in there part of TVC, huh :?

NY is 24-12-2 all-time against Trimble, and NY has won every decade of the series. Mind telling me what Wellston's record is against Trimble? I could tell you myself, but I'd rather hear it from Army!!!! Hint: Wellston has a losing record against Trimble! :lol:

Army
S

Post by Army »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
Army wrote:When I was in H.S. at Wellston the TVC you are posting above was one big JOKE to all of the SEOAL. We played three TVC Teams my Senior Year and destroyed all three on the field. They were Nelsonville-York, who we all had fond memories pf playing against in the SEOAL and running them over. Then Stewart Federal Hocking and McArthur Vinton County...

Army, I like how you conveniently talk about one year Wellston "dominated" the TVC. NY played Wellston seven times in the 1970's and early 80's with NY in the TVC and Wellston in the SEOAL and NY won the non-league series!!!

1975 Wellston (A) 29-0
1976 Nelsonville-York (H) 7-6
1977 Nelsonville-York (A) 13-0
1978 Wellston (H) 28-13
1979 Wellston (A) 22-6
1980 Nelsonville-York (H) 32-0
1981 Nelsonville-York (A) 32-15

The only years Wellston has beat NY ON THE FIELD since joining the TVC in 1982 were: 1986, 1999, 2001, and 2002. Four TVC wins on the field! So I guess Wellston, as a member of the SEOAL, winning three games out of seven against TVC member NY would be domination compared to Wellston's performance against NY after the Golden Rockets joined the TVC!
:lol:

Army wrote:There goes NY's chances of winning The FB Championship every season...with Trimble back in there part of TVC, huh :?

NY is 24-12-2 all-time against Trimble, and NY has won every decade of the series. Mind telling me what Wellston's record is against Trimble? I could tell you myself, but I'd rather hear it from Army!!!! Hint: Wellston has a losing record against Trimble! :lol:

Now go back 1975-and before and see who has the upper-hand in the series.....NY and before......Nelsonville :!: :-D

That's what I was talking about.

Because after that, I was out of school. :-D

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

That was not what you were talking about. You SPECIFICALLY said that the TVC was a joke to the SEOAL in the 1970's. So I gave you the scores to EVERY NY vs. Wellston game that took place while NY was in the TVC and Wellston was in the SEOAL.

The old teams of the Greyhounds before consolidation......well, if you do the math in your head.....whoever played for any team back then is either old or dead! So in the lifetimes of most people alive today who ever played high school football, NY has dominated the series.

Maybe you should summon the spirits of your ancestors for answers on how to beat NY! :) :) :) :) Or, at least they could tell you how to beat the old Greyhounds, who were, by the way, much much smaller than Wellston in terms of student population back in that time.

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

If you wanted 7 in both divisions, I think Wahama would be a great fit to the Hocking. They already play or have played in the recent seasons, Federal Hocking, Eastern, Southern & Trimble. They would be a DIV school in football.

As far as travel goes Wahama is only about 10-15 minutes past Eastern & Southern.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Wellston is not going anywhere. Crooksville was invited to join but declined. River Valley is not interested. And, none of the TVC Ohio schools want Warren back in. These are not just my opinions folks. These are statements made to me by a very reliable source.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Heck, ask Gallipolis, I am sure they might consider it after another 7-10 years in the new SEOAL. :-D

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

River Valley should be the 8th member. It would be a good fit for them all around in men's sports. I don't know about womens. The travel would be better and more familiar and the schools and social climates are similar. I don't think it will happen but it should.

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:Gallia Academy will NEVER leave the SEOAL as long as this current generation of people are alive, and I suspect even beyond. Some people have a sense of history and tradition; not to mention long standing rivalries.

Hmmm...I don't know why the old guard would want to stay if they continue failing against the likes of Chillicothe, Logan, Ironton, Portsmouth and Jackson. To add Zanesville in that mix for one season next year in football.

Let's see in 10-12 years what the opinion might be :?:

Since the New SEOAL Formed

Chillicothe :-D
Football 0-2....Basketball 0-4.... :?:

Logan 0-2 :-D
Portsmouth 1-1
Ironton 1-1

Zanesville 0-0
0-2 in Basketball

Jackson 1-1
Athens 2-0
Warren Local 2-0
Marietta?

It's a great fit for travel, concerning the TVC-Ohio. But as always, your word is final on here. Just stating, Gallia would be a good possibility if they did jump, not saying they were. :-D

Return to “Football”