Southern Has a COACH!!

I smell good
JV Team

Re: Southern Has a COACH!!

Post by I smell good »

Wow that's a cool statement whompas. Trimble is awesome running up the score.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

kinda hard not to run it up when guys are going untouched to the endzone. what are they supposed to do tackle themselves? maybe we will just have to have everyone fall down when your players dive out of the way. that sounds like a good plan. when should we start doing it though? should we start the game off just falling down or wait till the second half?

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Passing in the fourth quarter?

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

freshmen passing figuring they might drop the pass as opposed to running the ball once again untouched into the endzone. like i said, next time we will just fall down at the 1 yardline and take a knee for 4 downs. but tell me at what point in the game do you want us to do it?

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

trimble played the j.v. the whole second half. maybe next year we should let the 8th grade team play the 4th quarter.

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

I just want to say that I was on 5 of those undefeated junior high teams at southern. Most of us havent been playing because our peewee coaches are better than our varsity coaches. however, i am sick of all the trimble bragging on here. me and my buddies are coming back out for football next year. we are hefting cattleballs and we will be ready to pound you next year.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

You may be ready to pound them, but come on, Southern can't pound anyone. Not trying to be a jerk here, rather, a realist.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Has Southern ever had a strong season in football? I am not familiar with their records before joining the TVC Hocking in '93.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Has Southern ever had a strong season in football? I am not familiar with their records before joining the TVC Hocking in '93.

I know this will open up a can but Southern went 6-4 in 2007. Very close to 7-3, but lost to South Gallia in the closing seconds.

0restes
Waterboy

Post by 0restes »

It sure was fun scoring 76 points on you bums a few years back.

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

You know you Trimble fans get on here and bash us all the time about football. You have been a proven football school for years, congrats. Our thing has been basketball and baseball. How many times have we beat you in them sports.
In the past Southern went through coaches every year or everyother year and you know you can't build a stable program like that and if you look back at the last 20 years at Southern you can the count wins on both hands. Now we have a coach that is here for the long haul and you can't come into and completely change a program thats been bad for decades in a year or two. If you look at the past three years Southern is on the right track. We are building a program that we can be proud of and feared, its going to take time. We have already won more games in the past three years than in the past 20 combined.
We have alot of talent coming up in the next few years and we'll be fine. We will take our lumps but we've started giving some back and believe it or not Trimble your day is coming. So you can bash us all you want and if thats the only thing you can be proud of you really might have some issues. I just want to thank all the players and coaches from the last three years that have helped get things started on the right track.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Purple Gold wrote:You know you Trimble fans get on here and bash us all the time about football. You have been a proven football school for years, congrats. Our thing has been basketball and baseball. How many times have we beat you in them sports.
In the past Southern went through coaches every year or everyother year and you know you can't build a stable program like that and if you look back at the last 20 years at Southern you can the count wins on both hands. Now we have a coach that is here for the long haul and you can't come into and completely change a program thats been bad for decades in a year or two. If you look at the past three years Southern is on the right track. We are building a program that we can be proud of and feared, its going to take time. We have already won more games in the past three years than in the past 20 combined.
We have alot of talent coming up in the next few years and we'll be fine. We will take our lumps but we've started giving some back and believe it or not Trimble your day is coming. So you can bash us all you want and if thats the only thing you can be proud of you really might have some issues. I just want to thank all the players and coaches from the last three years that have helped get things started on the right track.

wooooo with scary threats like that one we may have to change our name to tremble when we play the tornadoes from now on. u sure do have us shaking. :lol: FYI Orestes is from fed hock, not tremble. :roll:

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

Tremble Juvy....my boy, mt11, is gonna whup your arse this fall!

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

mt11 couldn't whip his own pudding without telling himself bigger faster stronger. i fear him about as much as i fear the stomp. :lol: tell mt11 to remember 2 things about trimble, we aint eastern and we aint hannan. :lol:

Memphis Raines
Waterboy

Post by Memphis Raines »

Trimble Juvenile wrote:
Purple Gold wrote:You know you Trimble fans get on here and bash us all the time about football. You have been a proven football school for years, congrats. Our thing has been basketball and baseball. How many times have we beat you in them sports.

wooooo with scary threats like that one we may have to change our name to tremble when we play the tornadoes from now on. u sure do have us shaking. :lol: FYI Orestes is from fed hock, not tremble. :roll:

Well if you notice Orestes only has a handful of post, and I know that the "real" Orestes has a lot more than that! So this duplicate name is more than likely from Trimble, just trying to start crap.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

ttt

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Southern with a new coach? Who is it?

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

The orestes comment is accurate as far as a duplicate or something. I have chatted with him in the college football forum more than 9 times myself.

As an outsider i like the attitude coming from Southern, I like what 81 and purplengold are saying. Believe it or not that is how programs get started and traditions built, gotta have rivalries first then build from them. Without knowing the coaches commitments, I have to think that some on here are right about convenience as far as weightroom times. Some of these kids probably work and cannot afford to miss for lifting but still lifting is vital in football success. Keep up the hard work and most importantly tell a friend what they are missing and how it is helping. Sweat and pain brings friends together for many years after your playing days end.

Certain teams posters attempt to crash every forum on here, of course I am not from Southern but not crashing, rather, encouraging the positive vibe these young kids seem to have going.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Maybe Southern will get a little better this year, maybe not. The thing I would like to comment on is when people like "Whompascat" and "Trimble Juvenile" get on here bad mouthing Southern in every sport ever invented that is just not right. So with that being said, I remember driving back from Zanesville last year after the Logan - Louisville playoff game and turning on the radio and what I was hearing was a thrashing being put on the Tomcats by River and the announcers didn't know what to think of it. Sometimes, especially in the playoffs when you talk to much about how good your own team is in your conference and then realize that there are many conferences better than yours in the state, you need to engage mind before mouth. Yes, Trimble can now and will probably continue for quite awhile beating up the TVC Hocking in football but anything out of the four county area (Athens-Meigs-Gallia and Jackson) is always a test for whomever makes the playoffs in both TVC divisions and I've seen two games in person in the playoffs in recent years that Fisher Catholic just demolished Trimble so just let the teams play and keep the banter to a whisper until Trimble itself is worthy of being talked about in a good way referenced by their on field play. The TVC has a long way to go to compete at the state level in football as a whole so everyone should concentrate on helping conference schools out and praising them on forums such as this and not demeanoring them for the better competition they are , the better it will make you.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

first of all, southern gets on here and bad mouths us more than we do them. they make fun of us when we lose to nelsonville, or in the playoffs. even though they never make the playoffs. then when we say something back you guys get on here and bash us. when we say they lose in the tourny in basketball they say at leaste they made it that far. that doesnt make since after they bash us for losing in the playoffs when they have never been to the playoffs. secondly, we did beat a team in the playoffs last year and they are not from seo. but this is seops and we are one of the best teams for our size in seo. as far as running mouths, river ran their mouth last year after they beat us cuz a bunch of people get on here acting like they are from trimble and run their mouths. they are not even from trimble, like tomcatfan for one. but river people ran their mouths, then they got thumped in the next round. so everyone can get beat. it just gets old when people run their mouths to us, then cry when we give it back. we take it without crying about it, so you should take it too.

Return to “Football”