Region 23

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Region 23

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye still has a week 7 matchup with Buckeye Trail who just beat state ranked Barnesville and could make noise in the playoffs. This week trying to beat Monroe Central back to back years for maybe the first time ever. Also Fort Frye vs Caldwell is always close so many years one or the other was down and this game was a dog fight.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

efarns wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:It's pretty bad that Fort Frye is so much better than everyone they play that the playoffs is all they have to talk about in week 5...
I know. It's horrible for a team to be good. Hate it when that happens; Our non-conference schedule was pretty good and is going to get even better in the next few years. We could stop playing our conference altogether if that would make you happy. What conference should Fort Frye be joining so you can feel good about our schedule? I'm really interested to hear this one.
Go independent and start scheduling Steubenville, Massillon, Coldwater, may as well throw in Lakewood St Eds too :mrgreen: lots of people will pick on a non league schedule, but there is a ton of work that goes into it. First off they have to be done usually at least a season or two in advance, because most schools go wth home-away 2 year contracts. So you have to find a school that happens to have there current contract end at the same time yours does. They have to agree to play you. Sometimes you just get stuck with renewing old contracts over and over again. It's not quite NCAA 14 where you just go into custom schedules and pick who ya want lol as per those picking on the league schedule, just what the hell is any school supposed to do about that? Can't please anyone there, and it's not Forts fault if most of the league is down.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Like I've said they tried to schedule Williamstown and Barnesville but those teams would not play them. They did add Warren and Barnesville for next season.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

efarns wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:It's pretty bad that Fort Frye is so much better than everyone they play that the playoffs is all they have to talk about in week 5...
I know. It's horrible for a team to be good. Hate it when that happens; Our non-conference schedule was pretty good and is going to get even better in the next few years. We could stop playing our conference altogether if that would make you happy. What conference should Fort Frye be joining so you can feel good about our schedule? I'm really interested to hear this one.
MVL? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

MeyerSpread wrote:
efarns wrote:

That would be the worst move they could make!!! They would be 2 to 3 divisions smaller than most of the schools in the league. :lol: :lol: They are really in a tough spot. Geographically they are in the moddle of a bunch of smaller schools. To play schools similar to their size they would have to look at the TVC Ohio (they would still be small but compete), or the OVC. Although travel wouldn't be worth either of those moves.

I think some none league games that would be great for them would be Trimble, Nelsonville York, Wellston, or Alexander. Except trimble they are all div 5 reg 19 schools they can compete with!!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Newark Catholic will probably win this region

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I want to make it clear that I have no problems with Fort Frye. I hope they go 10-0! I'm being sarcastic because of a disagreement over a stupid scrimmage that a couple posters got butt hurt over :lol: :lol: :lol: I LOVE that they are having success!

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Here are my top 8, not in any finishing order.
1. Paint Valley
2. Fort Frye
3. River
4. Chesapeake
5. Barnesville
6. Centerburg
7. Cardington-Lincoln
8. Dawson-Bryant

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

MeyerSpread wrote:I want to make it clear that I have no problems with Fort Frye. I hope they go 10-0! I'm being sarcastic because of a disagreement over a stupid scrimmage that a couple posters got butt hurt over :lol: :lol: :lol: I LOVE that they are having success!
:lol:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Stan_Marsh wrote:I'm very interested how Johnstown Monroe, Heath, and Newark Catholic fair out playing each other.
Johnstown wins both games.

If Newark Catholic is healthy they beat Heath, if not they fall to them.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:I'm very interested how Johnstown Monroe, Heath, and Newark Catholic fair out playing each other.

How bad are the injuries?

wedgebuster
Waterboy

Post by wedgebuster »

Awful lot of football left to play, but I got to believe newark catholic will be the top seed at the end of the season. Theres a lot of points up for grabs if they can win at least 2 out of the next 3 upcoming games. If they win their next three, top seed is theirs. If fort frye wins out, will that be enough for them to clinch top seed?

wedgebuster
Waterboy

Post by wedgebuster »

If chesapeake wins out, would they have a shot at top seed? Or Coal grove? I know they play friday so definitely a big matchup for region 23. The first of many.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

travel is not a good excuse look what lucasville valley did a few years ago they scheduled a team from Toledo but met in the middle and played the game in Columbus

Stone Cold wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:
efarns wrote:

That would be the worst move they could make!!! They would be 2 to 3 divisions smaller than most of the schools in the league. :lol: :lol: They are really in a tough spot. Geographically they are in the moddle of a bunch of smaller schools. To play schools similar to their size they would have to look at the TVC Ohio (they would still be small but compete), or the OVC. Although travel wouldn't be worth either of those moves.

I think some none league games that would be great for them would be Trimble, Nelsonville York, Wellston, or Alexander. Except trimble they are all div 5 reg 19 schools they can compete with!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

EasternDspy wrote:

From what I heard they lost a starting lineman against Nelsonville and those who seemed to be in the know said he would be out a few weeks. They lost maybe their all around best player against Academy. Was told he was taken from the game to get the injury checked out. Did not sound promising. I did not watch them last week to see if either was back. Will see them Sat so zi will at least know if they are back.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

EasternDspy wrote:
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Johnstown wins both games.

From what I heard they lost a starting lineman against Nelsonville and those who seemed to be in the know said he would be out a few weeks. They lost maybe their all around best player against Academy. Was told he was taken from the game to get the injury checked out. Did not sound promising. I did not watch them last week to see if either was back. Will see them Sat so zi will at least know if they are back.
Keep us informed.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Izladoom wrote:travel is not a good excuse look what lucasville valley did a few years ago they scheduled a team from Toledo but met in the middle and played the game in Columbus

Stone Cold wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:

That's one game. I am talking about having to travel long distances for an entire league schedule which would be about 3 games a year. And not just football but all sports. I dont think fort frye to Vinton county on a Tuesday night to play a basketball game is a good idea.

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stone Cold wrote:
Izladoom wrote:travel is not a good excuse look what lucasville valley did a few years ago they scheduled a team from Toledo but met in the middle and played the game in Columbus

Stone Cold wrote:

That's one game. I am talking about having to travel long distances for an entire league schedule which would be about 3 games a year. And not just football but all sports. I dont think fort frye to Vinton county on a Tuesday night to play a basketball game is a good idea.

Most years Fort Frye vs Vinton would be a great basketball game though.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

After Chesapeake's win over fellow Region 23 foe Coal Grove, Chesapeake moved up to #3 in Joe Eitel's playoff rankings behind New Cath and Fort. Coal Grove dropped to #11

ROLL PEAKE
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

With Heath defeating Licking Heights, Newark Catholic has a great chance to pick up major points this week and next. The week D-4 Undefeated Lakewood and then D-4 Undefeated Heath.

Return to “Football”