Wheelersburg 38 Jackson 13

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Re: Game of the Week Jackson (3-1) @ Wheelersburg (4-0)

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Did that Chillicothe team win state?
Hold on I already know NOPE! How far has Chillicothe even went in the playoffs? Seriously I don't know......

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

we got beat in the 2nd round that year
it was a game they shouldnt have lost-
lost to the d2 state semi team
big difference between d4 and d2 and d1
big difference playing olentangy before they split, upper arlington, dublin and hilliard-- before they all split
it was a level of competition EVERY WEEK in the occ that athens NEVER saw

NONE of those teams could blow chilli out- in fact, chilli beat them all-
to say athens would blow those teams out is absurd

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

it was crazy to say BOTH of upper arlingtons def. ends off that team played in the NFL-

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

HEY HEY HEY!!!! I DON'T GIVE 2 CRAPS ABOUT 99 CHILLICOTHE AND WHATEVER ATHENS TEAM!!! THIS THREAD IS ABOUT NOW...THIS WEEK!!! GO START A THREAD WITH ALL THE GOOFY IRONTON PEOPLE ABOUT THE PAST AND MATCHUPS THAT ONLY PLAY IN YOUR SILLY LITTLE WORLDS OF MAKE BELIEVE!!!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

i forgot wheelersburg is the only one allowed to jump on all kinds of threads and talk about themselves

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

8332 Granite St wrote:It's my favorite sound on Friday night's! I remember it being louder when I was growing up not sure if it was or just my hearing getting older...or maybe all them years of cannon shots on a crisp autumn Friday night has damaged my ears lol I love the Cannon and back in the day they ran onto the field with the ambulance siren howling then the Cannon I always got goosebumps...lol
We can't do that anymore. Band gets mad.. lol

coyote26
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote26 »

I just got an email (Jackson Band) saying the game time has been moved up to 7:00pm.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

I thought is was 7pm to begin with.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

What's up with the cannon anyway??? The last home game I was at against Portsmouth they were using a small muzzle loader it looked like and NOT the cannon!

coyote26
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote26 »

The fall sports calendar on Jackson's website lists it as a 7:30 start.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

A lot of reasons listed above why Burg will win and/or the fact it is an uphill battle for Jackson. I don't necessarily disagree with any of them and acknowledge it is an uphill battle for the Ironmen.

For Jackson to win (since there isn't much talk of that lol) here are a couple key points that I think could help toward that end.
1) Withstand what I call the Burg swagger plays (onside kicks, fake punts, etc.). We should know by now they are coming and I think they executed 3 of them last year. It changes momentum or keeps momentum and drives a dagger through 16-17 year olds psyche. We start a lot of sophomores and juniors.
2) Be more physical on either side of the ball (that was a key in 2014 and not so good in 2015).
3) Keep the 3 and out possessions to a minimum, yes I know Burg will have some input into that lol, and thus eat some clock time.

If the game is close at the end of 1 and at the end of the half some of the Burg mystique starts to wear off and kids start to believe they can win. At that point I think you have a ball game. A quick start by Burg or some turnovers by the Ironmen will do just the opposite.

Yes, lol I know that is all "Captain Obvious" stuff but is important given this years team.

We have gotten better each week and this group is very special and win or lose it will make us better in Week 6.

Looking forward to this game the atmosphere before the game is one of if not the best around. Go Red!

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Piratefan2 wrote:What's up with the cannon anyway??? The last home game I was at against Portsmouth they were using a small muzzle loader it looked like and NOT the cannon!
:o If the Cannon is broke we need it fixed asap we can't be shooting some sissy muzzleloader ppl will start calling us the Chillicothe huntsmen not good folks not good at all :roll:

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

8332 Granite St wrote:
Piratefan2 wrote:What's up with the cannon anyway??? The last home game I was at against Portsmouth they were using a small muzzle loader it looked like and NOT the cannon!
:o If the Cannon is broke we need it fixed asap we can't be shooting some sissy muzzleloader ppl will start calling us the Chillicothe huntsmen not good folks not good at all :roll:
:lol: well they need to fix it cause it wasn't used against Portsmouth!

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

doubleplay643 wrote:A lot of reasons listed above why Burg will win and/or the fact it is an uphill battle for Jackson. I don't necessarily disagree with any of them and acknowledge it is an uphill battle for the Ironmen.

For Jackson to win (since there isn't much talk of that lol) here are a couple key points that I think could help toward that end.
1) Withstand what I call the Burg swagger plays (onside kicks, fake punts, etc.). We should know by now they are coming and I think they executed 3 of them last year. It changes momentum or keeps momentum and drives a dagger through 16-17 year olds psyche. We start a lot of sophomores and juniors.
2) Be more physical on either side of the ball (that was a key in 2014 and not so good in 2015).
3) Keep the 3 and out possessions to a minimum, yes I know Burg will have some input into that lol, and thus eat some clock time.

If the game is close at the end of 1 and at the end of the half some of the Burg mystique starts to wear off and kids start to believe they can win. At that point I think you have a ball game. A quick start by Burg or some turnovers by the Ironmen will do just the opposite.

Yes, lol I know that is all "Captain Obvious" stuff but is important given this years team.

We have gotten better each week and this group is very special and win or lose it will make us better in Week 6.

Looking forward to this game the atmosphere before the game is one of if not the best around. Go Red!
Couldn't of said it better myself! Cept go burg!!

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Lol cannon isn't broken and it's definitely not a muzzleloader.... Just hoping it's not silenced like it was 2 years ago!! Man oh man I can still hear the silence from that game!!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:Lol cannon isn't broken and it's definitely not a muzzleloader.... Just hoping it's not silenced like it was 2 years ago!! Man oh man I can still hear the silence from that game!!
Well I have spent 3 out of 4 years sitting on the silent side lol.

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Post by The pirate indian »

This is the new Ironton game. 31-14 Wheelersburg.
Wheelersburg cleans up the mistakes from Saturday.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Jackson by 2 touchdowns!!!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

mrwonderful wrote:Jackson by 2 touchdowns!!!!!
and then u wake up. i don't see either team winning by more than 7-10 points

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

calpreps has Burg - 28 Jackson - 26

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]

Return to “Football”