Best Sophmores and Freshman

BobcatQB
Varsity

Re: Best Sophmores and Freshman

Post by BobcatQB »

Trent Valentine, So. WR/DB Cambridge. Leads team in receptions (25), rec yards (300), rec TD (2), INT on D, and punt returner/kick returner..over 500 all-purpose yards for run-oriented team.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

asb wrote:Brayden Haney "DE" from East, just a freshman and through game 4 he has 10 sacks I believe and numerous tackles. Came in out of JR High not sure of what type of impact he would make on an already great Defense but quickly made an impression on his teammates and coaches(and fans), he earned the starting spot over the summer, he will be great

10 sacks in 4 games? I'd say he's off to a great start!

Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

:roll:
asb wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
asb wrote:Brayden Haney "DE" from East, just a freshman and through game 4 he has 10 sacks I believe and numerous tackles. Came in out of JR High not sure of what type of impact he would make on an already great Defense but quickly made an impression on his teammates and coaches(and fans), he earned the starting spot over the summer, he will be great
wasn't his dad and uncle pretty decent players for east? i know them both and i've watched him grow up
Not sure about where his family played but this kid is legit!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

asb wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
wasn't his dad and uncle pretty decent players for east? i know them both and i've watched him grow up
I know they played at east for awhile back in the early 90's. Maybe one of my older tartan buddies can help me out lol

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
asb wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
I know they played at east for awhile back in the early 90's. Maybe one of my older tartan buddies can help me out lol
The fact is neither one was any good and they both are living through the child. He couldn't play at Burg so they left, he couldn't make it as a Trojan so they left. They took him to East where daddy sucked his way in. He's listed at 5'10 170 but in all actuality he is 5'8 160 at defensive end. If you watch his hudl he has not been blocked all year. Now them are facts and the truth.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Trojan 90 6&4 wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
asb wrote: Not sure about where his family played but this kid is legit!
The fact is neither one was any good and they both are living through the child. He couldn't play at Burg so they left, he couldn't make it as a Trojan so they left. They took him to East where daddy sucked his way in. He's listed at 5'10 170 but in all actuality he is 5'8 160 at defensive end. If you watch his hudl he has not been blocked all year. Now them are facts and the truth.
dont know much about his parents or what they did or didn't do, not quite sure what you have against the young man or his parents but the kid can play....yeah he may not start varsity at burg right away (because burg hardly ever plays freshman) but he'd definitely play for any other school around here. You're absolutely correct, he hasn't been blocked, its tough to block him. He is fast off the ball. He's still young and learning but he's good and will be great. I'm assuming you graduated in the 90s based of your name so you're probably hating because you're finished. It's ok! Everyone doesn't go to college or pros . You had your opportunity, let the kid have his. If you have an issue about which schools he left or whatever, it seems like you either know his family or follow them on Twitter smh. Take it up with them. Dont bash a 14/15 year old kid because of some petty jealousy you may have. The topic is based on opinions about up and coming freshman and sophomores....not 40/50 year old has been.

Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

asb wrote:
Trojan 90 6&4 wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
dont know much about his parents or what they did or didn't do, not quite sure what you have against the young man or his parents but the kid can play....yeah he may not start varsity at burg right away (because burg hardly ever plays freshman) but he'd definitely play for any other school around here. You're absolutely correct, he hasn't been blocked, its tough to block him. He is fast off the ball. He's still young and learning but he's good and will be great. I'm assuming you graduated in the 90s based of your name so you're probably hating because you're finished. It's ok! Everyone doesn't go to college or pros . You had your opportunity, let the kid have his. If you have an issue about which schools he left or whatever, it seems like you either know his family or follow them on Twitter smh. Take it up with them. Dont bash a 14/15 year old kid because of some petty jealousy you may have. The topic is based on opinions about up and coming freshman and sophomores....not 40/50 year old has been.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I know Portsmouth West has several sophomores either starting or playing alot.
Dillon Bradford qb goin to be a good one.
Gabe Skaggs lb had 19 or 20 tackles against Portsmouth this youngman is very impressive.
Josh Berry plays both side of ball very talented.
Cole Staggs tough hard nose kid has a very bright future.
This is just to name a few. There is a few more that are very good football players.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Sounds like you are ripping a freshman high school player. Wow! It's not the kids fault if the parents are living through him. I hope he does well.

Trojan 90 6&4
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan 90 6&4 »

wobycat wrote:Sounds like you are ripping a freshman high school player. Wow! It's not the kids fault if the parents are living through him. I hope he does well.
I wish the best for him. I was just stating what I know to be true.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Trimble has a freshman starting. Watch out for #42 another Koons boy hitting it hard. Very talented and very Athletic. If you get hit by him your getting hit with a ton of bricks...

Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Post by Jeremy ghs05 »

Green bobcats have a lot of talent in the sophomore class and freshman to many to name

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Burgs Freshman Are Pretty Loaded With Talent. Only Suffered 1 Loss Since The 7th Grade. Lots Of Speed And Strength. Alwayd Room For Work And Some Question Marks, But Thats Normal For Young Kids.

Return to “Football”