Meigs 38 River Valley 34

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Re: Week 5 Homecoming Weekend: River Valley(3-1) @ Meigs (2-2)

Post by MeyerSpread »

TVC wrote:Why is Bartrum and great coach mentioned together all the time?
I am just curious. Has he ever won a game he wasn't favored in?
Does his win loss record stand out?
He is a great person and I am sure he would be the first to tell you he should not be considered a great coach at this time in his career. It seems as though many people just assume him to be great because he played in the NFL.

I think he's great for the kids but he's barely over 500% as a Head Coach. Football is more than just wins and loses. I think when people are talking about him being great, they are talking about him being a great person. He does a lot for these kids and the whole community.

jnraider1999
Waterboy

Post by jnraider1999 »

neither one of these teams are very good at all I would say Meigs gets the win by 10 or 14.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

No matter what Coach Bartrum does for the kids and community, it still boils down to this: can he win games? If he continues to have seasons barely over .500, people within the community are going to start questioning his coaching ability. If Meigs has so much ability and great coaching prowess, why is he only 23-21 including this year? Bartrum and his staff have only went 9-14 out of conference and 14-7 in the TVC-Ohio. To me, that's not great coaching; that's a little better than average. The teams they've played this year (thus far) are a combined 2-14, and Meigs gave them the two wins. Since Bartrum's arrival, Meigs is a woeful 5-17 against teams with a record of .500 or better (by the end of the season, of course). This isn't good coaching. Granted, Athens was loaded; however, that doesn't account for it all. I understand that a program's culture and coaching philosophy takes time but, Meigs is in their sixth year with Bartrum at the helm. It is time for for this staff and team to get their crap together or get a new coach. Previous NFL experience as a long-snapper on special teams does not transition into a great coach. Hell, he is average at best. His record indicates that. I have no dog in this fight, either.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Been a lot of emphasis on the offense running through Bartrum over the past few years, hard to change that in a couple weeks. Different kids have different skill sets.

But, I think Meigs wins this one.

Call it 28-20.

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:No matter what Coach Bartrum does for the kids and community, it still boils down to this: can he win games? If he continues to have seasons barely over .500, people within the community are going to start questioning his coaching ability. If Meigs has so much ability and great coaching prowess, why is he only 23-21 including this year? Bartrum and his staff have only went 9-14 out of conference and 14-7 in the TVC-Ohio. To me, that's not great coaching; that's a little better than average. The teams they've played this year (thus far) are a combined 2-14, and Meigs gave them the two wins. Since Bartrum's arrival, Meigs is a woeful 5-17 against teams with a record of .500 or better (by the end of the season, of course). This isn't good coaching. Granted, Athens was loaded; however, that doesn't account for it all. I understand that a program's culture and coaching philosophy takes time but, Meigs is in their sixth year with Bartrum at the helm. It is time for for this staff and team to get their crap together or get a new coach. Previous NFL experience as a long-snapper on special teams does not transition into a great coach. Hell, he is average at best. His record indicates that. I have no dog in this fight, either.

WELL SAID........

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Meigs biggest downfall is the size of the kids, we have plenty of the little athletic guys. Like said before, we had to take kids that were tailbacks and fullbacks and make them linemen the last 2 years...Our linebackers are good skilled kids, but they are no bigger then 5'6" - 5'10" and no bigger then 160lbs. We have speed, but not much strength. And that shows in our lack of stopping the run and our run game...We have very few on the lines that are aggressive and you can't coach aggression.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
jnraider1999
Waterboy

Post by jnraider1999 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:No matter what Coach Bartrum does for the kids and community, it still boils down to this: can he win games? If he continues to have seasons barely over .500, people within the community are going to start questioning his coaching ability. If Meigs has so much ability and great coaching prowess, why is he only 23-21 including this year? Bartrum and his staff have only went 9-14 out of conference and 14-7 in the TVC-Ohio. To me, that's not great coaching; that's a little better than average. The teams they've played this year (thus far) are a combined 2-14, and Meigs gave them the two wins. Since Bartrum's arrival, Meigs is a woeful 5-17 against teams with a record of .500 or better (by the end of the season, of course). This isn't good coaching. Granted, Athens was loaded; however, that doesn't account for it all. I understand that a program's culture and coaching philosophy takes time but, Meigs is in their sixth year with Bartrum at the helm. It is time for for this staff and team to get their crap together or get a new coach. Previous NFL experience as a long-snapper on special teams does not transition into a great coach. Hell, he is average at best. His record indicates that. I have no dog in this fight, either.

very well put

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

ma77ox wrote:Meigs biggest downfall is the size of the kids, we have plenty of the little athletic guys. Like said before, we had to take kids that were tailbacks and fullbacks and make them linemen the last 2 years...Our linebackers are good skilled kids, but they are no bigger then 5'6" - 5'10" and no bigger then 160lbs. We have speed, but not much strength. And that shows in our lack of stopping the run and our run game...We have very few on the lines that are aggressive and you can't coach aggression.

I think you hit the nail on the head those kids are very athletic just not big enough for to stop the run .but not for the lack of trying.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I don't think Coach bashing is going to help turn around this 2-2 Meigs team, the kids need to have faith in their coaches and you know they read this. I understand this is a public forum and there is a freedom of speech but If you're a Meigs fan please stick behind your team, players and coaches.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

How about everyone get back to talking about the game......

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

River Valley ought to win this one. We all know this isn't the same Meigs team without Cody. I think by week 8 or 9 the team will start clicking. I hope I'm wrong and the Marauders pull one out and I could be wrong and this team could come together behind Helton and win out but I just don't see it happening right now. Like I said, I hope the boys at Meigs step up, get behind their coach, and push through... we'll see this weekend

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

MeyerSpread wrote:I don't think Coach bashing is going to help turn around this 2-2 Meigs team, the kids need to have faith in their coaches and you know they read this. I understand this is a public forum and there is a freedom of speech but If you're a Meigs fan please stick behind your team, players and coaches.
I don't think any Meigs supporters are bashing the coaches.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

I Don't Think That Is Coach BASHING I Think That Is A Man That Knows What He Is Talking About And He Is Absolutely Right About The stats.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

It's not "coach bashing" if it's statistically true.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This should be a good game but I see Meigs pulling it out.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

If Meigs loses this one they will have some beat downs coming down the road. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Ground Buck wrote:If Meigs loses this one they will have some beat downs coming down the road. :mrgreen:

They do even if they win :lol: :lol:

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Ironman99 wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:If Meigs loses this one they will have some beat downs coming down the road. :mrgreen:

They do even if they win :lol: :lol:
The rumors they are a flying in Marauder land. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

what happened to the qb?

How long is he out? I know he was a pretty good player.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Broken foot. He's week to week.

Return to “Football”