Ironton 41 South Point 0

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: WEEK 5 SOUTH POINT @ IRONTON - YOUR THOUGHTS

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

frankie wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:Better get your laughs in now, some pretty good talent coming up for the Fighting Tigers.

Ironton ------ 42
South Point - 13
We hear that every year. Supposedly loaded with D1 talent this year.

Got any good coaches coming up with that talent? ;)
We'll have to wait and see about the Coaching Staff.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
frankie wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:Better get your laughs in now, some pretty good talent coming up for the Fighting Tigers.

Ironton ------ 42
South Point - 13

I don't care if they win the rest of them the staff must go. One of the coaches the other day called the kids going toturing a bunch of dumb a$$ in front of all the kids. What kind of class is that? All I hear week in and out how the kids lost the game. Maybe they are smarter than the coaches. Maybe that's their plan to get new coaches. They have lost all respect for them.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

What does "the kids going toturing bunch of dumb a$$ in front of all the kids" mean osu 77?

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

The Oaf wrote:What does "the kids going toturing bunch of dumb a$$ in front of all the kids" mean osu 77?

Maybe he meant the kids getting tutoring were called dumba$$es

That is what I deciphered

VarsityPunk
Waterboy

Post by VarsityPunk »

Is this the coach that has his GPA posted in the Conley Center for all to see?

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

28-0 Ironton at the half

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

Tigers win 41-0. I sure do wish all of us Tiger fans could join forces behind this football team. We have a good team, maybe not as good as the 80's, but the 80's are gone. We have a team that is battling for the OVC....we need less complaining and griping, and more support and encouragement. I sometimes wonder what the kids think that get on here and read some of the garbage people post....I say GO TIGERS and make this year a great one for our Seniors.....finish strong!!!

Cgdude
Waterboy

Post by Cgdude »

ravensfan9 wrote:Tigers win 41-0. I sure do wish all of us Tiger fans could join forces behind this football team. We have a good team, maybe not as good as the 80's, but the 80's are gone. We have a team that is battling for the OVC....we need less complaining and griping, and more support and encouragement. I sometimes wonder what the kids think that get on here and read some of the garbage people post....I say GO TIGERS and make this year a great one for our Seniors.....finish strong!!!

You have beat the 2 teams least likely to even compete in the league in south point, and Fairland. Don't get ahead of yourself yet and say your battling for the ovc....

ravensfan9
Riding the Bench

Post by ravensfan9 »

I know you lost tonight, but right now WE are undefeated in the OVC and defending champs. I'd say we are battling for the OVC. You can root on your team and I'm going to root on mine! Go Tigers!!!!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good win for Ironton.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

ELChapo wrote:
The Oaf wrote:What does "the kids going toturing bunch of dumb a$$ in front of all the kids" mean osu 77?

Maybe he meant the kids getting tutoring were called dumba$$es

That is what I deciphered
You it the nail on the head!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

The Oaf wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:THOSE SPEAKERS MADE ME THINK OF BACK IN THE LATE 70'S AT EITHER HUNTINGTON, OR CHARLESTON. THEY GOT THIS HUGE SPEAKERS BANKED TOGETHER LIKE THAT. AND YOU HEAR A FEW GEE-TAR LICKS OF ''CAT SCRATCH FEVER''------THE CURTAINS FLY OPEN AND HERE'S TED NUGENT STANDING ON TOP OF THEM WITH LEOPARD PRINT TIGHTS WITH A LION TAIL. AND JUMPS DOWN FROM THEM TO THE STAGE FROM GOD KNOWS HOW HIGH , AND NEVER MISSES A LICK ON THE GEE-TAR. IT WAS PANDA====== LEERIA IN THERE. WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THAT IS A LIL FOGGY IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.
I'm guessing cowboy boots and Budweiser kinda night bait! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you may be onto something oaf, but it wasn't icy in there. didn't get to listen to this game last night. did yardwork all day, and had a mess of neighbors come over for a campfire. but I did see where they won like 45-0, or something similiar , and clawed their way back to 2-3. hey gang, you pitch a shutout under the conditions that ironton's program is going through right now.then they deserve a pat on the back and then I applaud you. they could have tucked tail and give up for the season at 1-3. but they didn't. it doesn't matter the opponent's record. these lads are all the same age, and they all put on the cleats the very same way.so now they have to get ready for a big test as the Chesapeake panthers come to the tank 5-0, and also unbeaten in the league. it should be panda--leeria up in there Friday night.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

osu 77 wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:
frankie wrote:

I don't care if they win the rest of them the staff must go. One of the coaches the other day called the kids going toturing a bunch of dumb a$$ in front of all the kids. What kind of class is that? All I hear week in and out how the kids lost the game. Maybe they are smarter than the coaches. Maybe that's their plan to get new coaches. They have lost all respect for them.

hey I gotta throw a 15 yarder here on 77. if he is who I think he is then he knows. when we played back in the 70's our tiger practices bordered on felonious assault. and we responded that way on Friday nights. what the coach or coaches said was not right. but they are under a tremendous amount of pressure. and everybody has a past. if that's the least I got called in practice back in the day. I'd think hey the coaches are warming up to me. summarizing the talent of the coaching staff whether they win/lose is one thing. attacking their character and career is quite another all together , and it's wrong. that's a stone that should not have been turned. you know dang well we were in an incredibly aggressive atmosphere there to stay on top. and practices today are nothing like they were then. and it shows. they were brutal and you already know this.win or lose I applaud any kid or coach that chooses athletics over cell phones, drinking, drugs, pre-marital sex.then that's a win in my book.i know every man on that staff. and behind every good man is a good woman. and they have the same stressors as everybody else. so hey in my book that's just wrong. it's hard enough to even get kids to participate anymore. but undermining a coach and his livihood is wrong.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
osu 77 wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:

hey I gotta throw a 15 yarder here on 77. if he is who I think he is then he knows. when we played back in the 70's our tiger practices bordered on felonious assault. and we responded that way on Friday nights. what the coach or coaches said was not right. but they are under a tremendous amount of pressure. and everybody has a past. if that's the least I got called in practice back in the day. I'd think hey the coaches are warming up to me. summarizing the talent of the coaching staff whether they win/lose is one thing. attacking their character and career is quite another all together , and it's wrong. that's a stone that should not have been turned. you know dang well we were in an incredibly aggressive atmosphere there to stay on top. and practices today are nothing like they were then. and it shows. they were brutal and you already know this.win or lose I applaud any kid or coach that chooses athletics over cell phones, drinking, drugs, pre-marital sex.then that's a win in my book.i know every man on that staff. and behind every good man is a good woman. and they have the same stressors as everybody else. so hey in my book that's just wrong. it's hard enough to even get kids to participate anymore. but undermining a coach and his livihood is wrong.
Wow.... You just obviously said that it should be acceptable for an employee of ironton school system to publically degrade a student who is trying to better his academics through tutoring..... Obviously your not as big of a Christian as you say you are... Why don't you spend more time praying for your family member who is in need and less time bumping your gums on seops with your ridiculous support of verbal and mental child abuse...

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

^^Yeah. That isn't cool at all.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hey cap'n I'm just saying we went through a whole lot more than that, and I didn't commit armed robberies,or kick puppies or anything. I clearly said it wasn't right. but seemed a bit petty. times have changed. if you have not noticed watch the news. I made the mistake coaching the redmen youth one time when we had a big game with ironton. it was a big game for the teen ovc title. the kids were fired up, and I said we needed to kick their a$$. when what I meant to say was butt. only cuss word I ever said around them. and I apologized on the spot. none of those kids grew up insecure over it. if a mistake was made by a teacher/coach then make the apology and move on. if it becomes a pattern then you have a problem that needs addressed. maybe you have kids, maybe you don't , but kids today can be very hard to handle, mistakes happen. kids will respect that with an apology and won't want your job over it.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Lol you can back peddle all you like but you said what you said... I just state the obvious... There's no excuse for demoralizing a student who takes advantage of the tutor program in order to better their G.P.A and help them pass a difficult course. Anyone who does that or supports that is obviously an idiot who doesn't need to be around students.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Hey now, Ironton should be excited about being 2-3. They can brag about beating South Point because their last win was over a calendar year ago (9/25/15) and Fairland's last win was in week 10 of 2014 to South Point. By the way South Point's last win was against Fairland. And besides, these two teams have a combined record of 6-44 (including this year) over the last fifty games. Ironton is really starting to circle the wagons and bring it home!

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

YOU"RE TIGER BATE anyone who played or was around football in the 70's, and has a little common sense know's exactly what you're talking about.... You stated it was wrong what the Ironton Coach said but Cpt. Obviously {Has it in for you} is just trying to spin what point you were making..... In todays politically correct world you have to pick and choice words so as to not offend.....I knew you weren't condoning this .....

Return to “Football”