Who should the SEOAL pursue to replace Athens?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Watkins plays in an OCC Div. 2 bracket. They would be closest, but most of their opponents are very close for them .Columbus suburbs vs all SEO.

Have gun, will travel
someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

Another question for you Paladin. If Ironton drops from the league, do you see the 8 schools remaining as solid to remain for the long term?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Maybe. Worried about the Eastern section ( Warren, Marietta). Warren may look TVC and Marietta , if someone leaves ,may look ECOL.

I'd call Logan, Chilli, Jackson, Gallia, ZHS and probably Portsmouth as solid. Don't see other alternatives fro them. Logan in OCC, maybe , but not immediate.

Have gun, will travel
Army
S

Post by Army »

Paladin wrote:Maybe. Worried about the Eastern section ( Warren, Marietta). Warren may look TVC and Marietta , if someone leaves ,may look ECOL.

I'd call Logan, Chilli, Jackson, Gallia, ZHS and probably Portsmouth as solid. Don't see other alternatives fro them. Logan in OCC, maybe , but not immediate.

I think one of those MSL Schools growing would be a fine addition, like Canal Winchester :?:

Or a Pickerington North, Newark and Lancaster from the OCC :?:

If everybody wants to continue to step up this League these are fine teams to pursue.

Seperate

SEOAL North Division
Pickerington North D1
Pataskila Watkins Memorial D2
Canal Winchester D2
Lancaster D1
Logan D2
New Albany D2
Newark D1
Zanesville D2

SEOAL South Division
Marietta D2
McConnelsville Morgan County D3
Vincent Warren Local D3
Chillicothe D3
Jackson D2
Portsmouth D4
Ironton D4
Gallipolis (Gallia Academy) D4

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

get rid of north/south divisions. i agree gahs, the seoal is not going anywhere soon. it cracks me up when new schools enter the league and immediately want to realign the league so they can win, but choose to blame it on travel.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

Like,I said in and earlier post about traveling time some of it is crazy.From Chillicothe to Marietta is about 2 hours of traveling time.It's rough on the kid's far as homework on weekdays.I really don't mind the traveling the roads to Warren,Marietta,Ironton,Gallia,Logan and etc...I have met some real nice folk's from the SEOAL league.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

then you need to tell your ad or show up at a board of education meeting to discuss your displeasure. i would wait until your child graduates though. both of these entities gave the ok to join the league. talk to army, he/she loves making up phantom leagues to join. then pick the league that suits you and leave already. is anybody growing tired of these new teams coming into our league and then bashing it.

Army
S

Post by Army »

qualified101 wrote:then you need to tell your ad or show up at a board of education meeting to discuss your displeasure. i would wait until your child graduates though. both of these entities gave the ok to join the league. talk to army, he/she loves making up phantom leagues to join. then pick the league that suits you and leave already. is anybody growing tired of these new teams coming into our league and then bashing it.

Hey qualified101,

..............Chillicothe is going no where. Period :!:

They love this league in comparison to the OCC :!:

The post which I started is about a team that could replace Athens. No one said it will happen or the dream North and South Divisions posted on here BY MYSELF AND MANY.

As you have noticed in 2 years of being a member of the SEOAL, our Chillicothe CAVS have won;

1. The Girls SEOAL Tennis won back-back Championships 2006-and-2007.

2. Our Football team went 7-4 and made the Playoffs in 2006.

3. Our Boys Basketball Team won the SEOAL in 2006-2007, Sectional, District and Semi-Finalist in the Region. And we are on track again to do the same or go further with the 2007-2008 team.

4. Our Boys Soccer Team won the Sectional in 2006 and won the SEOAL and Sectional in 2007.

5. Our Girls Basketball Team have a chance to play for the SEOAL Crown this 2007-2008 season.

6. Our baseball team has a great chance to win the SEOAL this season with the returning line-up if our pitching holds up.

7. Our boys Tennis Team will compete for the SEOAL Crown this spring.

8. Our Boys and Girls Track Teams should compete well and maybe one of them for the Title.

9. Our Football Team may be in contention for the SEOAL Crown this up-coming 2008 season with 55 returning players and a 30 plus member 8th grade team who will be freshmen this up-coming season. Two of the 8th graders may see limited playing time next season as FRESHMEN.

And just for your information.....Chillicothe is not afraid to travel, does the OCC, and the C.O.L. ring a bell :?: :-D

Two, we are not afraid to play real competition, in all sports. Period!

If you don't believe that statement, I suggest you look at our schedules and see who our kids are competing against outside the SEOAL. Mostly OCC, CCL (Columbus City League), CCL (Central Catholic League), Cincinnati, Dayton and Springfield Schools, SCOL and MSL-Buckeye Division Schools. You don't see us playing Vinton County even though they are a D3 School in Non-League play, except at the Jr. High level. Or a Minford like a D2 School does in the SEOAL.

You can verify the schedules on chillicothecavaliers.com

I don't know what school you support, but it sounds to me that you are really afraid to ask a Newark or a Lancaster into the SEOAL to fill out the North. No let me guess, you most likely love to keep playing the ruff and tuff teams like, Point Pleasent, WV.....McArthur Vinton County.......Waverly etc, etc. RIGHT :?: :roll:

I hear all this, you all are much bigger, bull crap, Logan, Zanesville Marietta and Jackson are all D2 Schools. Larger than Chillicothe's D3 status. As for Gallipolis, Ironton and Portsmouth you all are D4. We never hear any smack from Gallia Academy or Portsmouth but Ironton is another story. Warren is a D3 like us.

We field sanctioned OHSAA Sports that only a few in the SEOAL have. Like Swimming, Bowling. And our school fields all sports required by the SEOAL unlike some in this league that doesn't. Why :?: :-D

No one from Chillicothe including myself is advocating a change or re-alignment. Our Chillicothe Cavaliers are here until the League folds. From OUR understanding that will never happen.

As you noticed above, those Chillicothe Records compiled in 2 years play, within the SEOAL are far much better than our OCC days. :-D

Wouldn't you say :?: :-D

Get ready to see more of those Championships by our up and coming Chillicothe Cavalier Teams qualified101. :shock:

Who knows, maybe your team will finally get tired of the new kids on the SEOAL block and sneak out like Athens did. :-D

To be continued, time will only tell. Each year in this league only gets better for our CAVS. :-D

By the way, what team is it you support qualified101 :?: :-D

NUFF Said :!:

ARMY :-D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

bballfan1 wrote:1. How about adding Waverly or Rock Hill to the South and bump Chillicothe to the North. Just a thought.
2. I do not think the SEOAL will work hard to find a replacement. Most of the schools are trying to find a way to get out :cry:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i like number 1 very much, that sounds like the best solution, but would either one leave the easier , smaller leagues for a chance at a total upgrade.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Most of these schools mentioned would laugh at the offer. Schools like the Pickeringtons, Dover, Cambridge, Meadowbrook, Watkins and on down the line have much better setups right now. The biggest handicap of the SEOAL is geography. The SEOAL is the best league in southeast Ohio, I won't put up the MSL since half its schools go to the central district. But in terms of the state, the SEOAL is an average league and that can be judged by postseason success. It has to be the largest league in the state from a land mass perspective. The best thing would be to go down to eight teams. The only expansion I could see would be adding a school already within the boundaries of the SEOAL area, such as a Vinton or Waverly. But are they going to leave those leagues they've been a part of for so long with developed rivalries and less travel time?

Travel time is a concern, but I think travel time is the aka for transportation costs. These are on the rise and a concern for most schools who already have tight budgets.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

What is wrong with you Einsteins ?? Waverly WAS in the SEOAL from 1970 to 1982. They were DESTROYED. They averaged ONE win per FB season then. And the league was weaker then. They were 1-11 vs Logan. They got their butts beat in most sports. Rock Hill would do little better. Stop trying to cherrypick someone to come in. The biggest & best are there now. And , there is the "travel". :lol:

Ain't happening. League will get smaller, not bigger. 8)

Have gun, will travel
BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Face it !!! Know new teams are going to jump to the SEOAL at this time! The only thing maybe could happen at this time is another team drop out of the League.

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:While I agree that Waverly isnt interested in the SEOAL for all the right reasons, I think it just as eggregious to compare when they were in the league in the 70s to their program now as it was for Logan people to mock Ironton for living in the past and tell them this isnt "your granddaddies SEOAL."

Plus consider that sports are much more than just football, and I dont even know how Waverly would compete now, but I DO know that it wouldnt have anything to do with how they did in the 70s.

But since youre just talking football, I believe the only SEOAL school Waverly plays every year is Jackson, and Jackson is an upper echelon football program year in and out, and Waverly has competed very nicely against them. I dont know how many championships Waverly would win, but they would compete pretty well, I would think.

Again, it's a moot point though.

gahs4ever,

Point made............... :!:

Waverly Tigers Tigers 1970-1982 joined league in 1970-71 season. While in the SEOAL the Tigers competed against, Wellston, Jackson, Logan, The Plains Athens, Pomeroy Meigs, Gallipolis and Ironton.

While in the SEOAL, the Tigers won 134 and lost 46 games. The Tigers won 4 Basketball Titles while members of the SEOAL. :-D

It seems to me that a 134-46 record, is a winning record, wouldn't you Gahs4ever :?:

I guess Paladin forgot just how good Waverly was while in the SEOAL in Basketball and Baseball huh :?: :roll:

ARMY :-D

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Seen that Waverly team play many times!!! In the 70's they was a beast!!! Seen the man him self in Woody Hayes at Waverly !!Talking to a Waverly player !!! ED Thompson was the name of the player!!! I THINK?

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

BBallin fool, I went to Waverly in the late 70's and Ole Woody was sitting right in front of my parents and I the day he came and watched Ed Thompson play basketball. Was a great day for me to have seen the man!!

Although Ed never played for Waverly, I believed he played for New Boston, who no longer fields a football team anymore.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I remember that day!!!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Secession : Why don't the five teams from the south start a league by themselves::idea:

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

I dont know what the SEOAL will bring in the future but I am sure it will exist. I can not see Zanesville staying in for long and possibly a few others will leave, I have no idea when Ironton is getting out but you can guess that will happen. The miles between some of these schools is ridiculous. Waverly to me would be a good choice to join but do not think that they ever will. IMO

Return to “Football”