What is the best game(s) you ever watched?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

What is the best game(s) you ever watched?

Post by Orange and Brown »

:-D Lets talk about some of the best games we have witnessed. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

State final
Briann Brohm vs Mike Bush
Louisville Trinity vs Louisville Male

Final 59 Trinity 56 Male
One turnover on the next to last play of the game.
Bush from Male under throws a long ball by 1/2 yard the ball is picked securing the win for Trinity.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I bet that was fun to watch :-D :) :-D :) :-D 8)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Orange and Brown wrote:I bet that was fun to watch :-D :) :-D :) :-D 8)
I have iut taped and will pullit out and watch it a few times a year.

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Re: What is the best game(s) you ever watched?

Post by awesomepossum »

Orange and Brown wrote: :-D Lets talk about some of the best games we have witnessed. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Not the best, but definitely a very exciting one was when Minford went up to Nelsonville in 2003. I think Minford ended up on top 30-19?

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

And I believe the next week they shut down Wheelersburg 10-0 in a "home" game at Northwest. ;-)

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Because it is still so fresh in the memory banks, this year's Coldwater/Mooney final comes to mind. But before that, last year's Davidson/Mentor final rates up there along with the St. X/Colerain regional final 2 years ago. X won in OT on a "trick" play pass out of the backfield to then Soph. Darius Ashley. A state final involving St. Ignatius and Moeller in the late 80's or early 90's was a great game in the 'Shoe. Both QB's aired it out for over 300 yards each (Joe Pickens for Iggy who went to Ohio St. then Duke, and Adam Hyzdu for Moe who played a few years in Major League baseball, most notably with the Giants). But, I was "hooked" when Papa Lamont took me to my 1st State Championship game in the early 80's @ Nippert in Cincy. The Moeller machine took down Massilon in front of about 25,000. You may recall a guy that played RB/LB for the Tigers... Chris Spielman. Moeller's TEAM eventually prevailed against what seemed like just HIM on both sides of the ball. Ahh, the memories.

Calling it like it is...
Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

Class AA State Finals 1979
Ironton 7
Akron St V St M 6

Division III State Finals 1988
Akron St V St M 14
Ironton 12

Division III State Finals 1989
Ironton 12
Campbell Memorial 7

Division III Regional Final 1991
Double overtime
Columbus DeSales 28
Ironton 27

Division III State Finals 1993
Wauseon 13
Ironton 10

Division IV State Semi Finals 1995
Versailles 15
Ironton 14

Division IV State Semi Finals 1999
Ironton 34
Youngstown Mooney 24

Division IV State Finals 1999
Sandusky Perkins 16
Ironton 14

Hard to choose just one

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Hard for me to choose just one also. This is one of my favorites though.

2004 Division II - Region 8 Quarterfinals - Jackson vs. Cincinnati Withrow

Jackson entered this game at 8-2 and the #8 seed in Region 8. The Ironmen had suffered two losses during the season, both by one point, but still squeaked into the playoffs. They traveled to Cincinnati to play the #1 seeded, 10-0 Withrow Tigers who were led by QB Dante Love. Love, a WR in college, is now Nate Davis' main target at Ball State.

Jackson was a heavy underdog in the game, but they refused to back down or be intimidated. The Ironmen, led by All-Ohio QB Jared Humphreys, jumped out to a 19-7 halftime lead over Withrow. The Tigers responded early in the second half and would lead 35-29 with less than 2 minutes to go in a back and forth battle. Humphreys led the Ironmen down the field and hit Randy Fisher in the back of the endzone to tie the game at 35 with less than 10 seconds remaining. Justin Mullins added the extra point and the Ironmen would win it 36-35. Definitely one of the most exciting, action-packed football games I have ever witnessed.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

1999 Regional Championship game....Ironton 38 vs. Germantown Valley View 29 played at Cincinnati Princeton....Great come from behind Victory....

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

CG vs RV, last game of the 2007 season. CG won by 1 point in triple overtime.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

These all seem like great games. :-D
I would have to say any game that was played between logan and Nelsonville-York in the 90's. You never knew what was going to happen.

cgfootball
Waterboy

Post by cgfootball »

if i had to pick just one...i would have to say 2004 Coal Grove @ Fairland. CG was down 21-0 at half time and Eric Davidson led an awsome drive and finished it with a TD pass to Patrick Roush with 1.8 seconds left. never wil forget that game.

Coal Grove football: 24 OVC Championships, 7 state playoff apperences, 2 regional championships, 2 final four apperences
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

cgfootball wrote:if i had to pick just one...i would have to say 2004 Coal Grove @ Fairland. CG was down 21-0 at half time and Eric Davidson led an awsome drive and finished it with a TD pass to Patrick Roush with 1.8 seconds left. never wil forget that game.

I remember that one great game :-D :-D :-D

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I would have to go with Portsmouth and Dayton Chaminade Juliene back in the 2001 playoffs I believe. Great game.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Someone help me on this one.
Several years ago Wellson played at N-Y. I think the score was something like 54-53, withn N-Y scoring real late on a long pass.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Hardfowl wrote:Someone help me on this one.
Several years ago Wellson played at N-Y. I think the score was something like 54-53, withn N-Y scoring real late on a long pass.

That game was in 2000 I believe. Nelsonville won 47-46 over the Rockets. Brad Young scored all 46 of Wellston's points with 7 TDs and two 2-point conversions.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ironman02 wrote:
Hardfowl wrote:Someone help me on this one.

That game was in 2000 I believe. Nelsonville won 47-46 over the Rockets. Brad Young scored all 46 of Wellston's points with 7 TDs and two 2-point conversions.

In 2000 wellsont won 38-18 :-D

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I thought it was 2000 or 2001, so I looked at the OHSAA football record book to see when Young scored the 46 points. It says that he did it in 2000. Maybe it's wrong. Here's the link.

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/records/ftrecrd.htm

Edit: Now that I think about it, it couldn't have been in 2001 or 2002, so it was 2000 or earlier. Wellston had two losses in both 2001 and 2002 and they were to Jackson and Waverly. They won the TVC outright in those two years.
Last edited by ironman02 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ironman02 wrote:I thought it was 2000 or 2001, so I looked at the OHSAA football record book to see when Young scored the 46 points. It says that he did it in 2000. Maybe it's wrong. Here's the link.

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/records/ftrecrd.htm

I looked in my wifes yesr books and couldn't find a score like that.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”