Who will be the Top QB's to watch in SE-OHIO in 2008?

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

3 year starter donahoe from chesapeake. . will be and has been one of the better quaterbacks again this year. . .
not much of a team though. . . .but he'll be the offense once again in the option. . .and might get lucky enough to have some time to get some throws out there

come on the risin wind. . were goin up around the bend. .
you can ponder purpetual motion. fix your mind on a crystal day. . always time for good conversation. .
westbrook18
All State

Re:

Post by westbrook18 »

qualified101 wrote:big mac,

if you dont know who bird is then you haven't been on the football forum long.

westbrook is pretty good, but doesn't have a team around to get it done. saw him at logan last year and it wasnt pretty.

I'm not going to say I am good or anything, but I will say that Shane Porter was a good quarterback and look what he did against Logan. He was good and he didn't do anything special did he? Plus I believe it'd be harder to pass and get yards when teams know you're going to pass. When you have a running threat it opens up the passing game and would make it easier to get a lot of passing yards. You guys can go ahead and rip me all you want, but I don't care. I get to play highschool football and you guys don't, so I'm happy. Compared to other teams I thought we moved the ball pretty well against Logans defense, who was really good against everyone who didn't go by the name of Lancaster. And don't misinterpret this as a bash against Logan, I respect them more than probably any other team we play. But I believe I play with good players on my team, we just can't have injuries this year.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Re:

Post by Trooper »

redstreak_pass_rusher wrote:i think ryan will get roback has 2 good of hands and speed so he'll play wide out

You shouldn't think so much.

Michael Scott
Riding the Bench

Re: Who will be the Top QB's to watch in SE-OHIO in 2008?

Post by Michael Scott »

Knights for Chilly should have a good season being a 3 yr. starter.
Workman for PV should also step it up this year, he is also a 3 yr. starter with good experience.

sider
All Conference

Re:

Post by sider »

OVCfan32 wrote:3 year starter donahoe from chesapeake. . will be and has been one of the better quaterbacks again this year. . .
not much of a team though. . . .but he'll be the offense once again in the option. . .and might get lucky enough to have some time to get some throws out there

Ovcfan, If im not mistaken this was Donahues last year.....correct me if I'm wrong

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Re:

Post by loganlocos »

westbrook18 wrote:
I'm not going to say I am good or anything, but I will say that Shane Porter was a good quarterback and look what he did against Logan. He was good and he didn't do anything special did he? Plus I believe it'd be harder to pass and get yards when teams know you're going to pass. When you have a running threat it opens up the passing game and would make it easier to get a lot of passing yards. You guys can go ahead and rip me all you want, but I don't care. I get to play highschool football and you guys don't, so I'm happy. Compared to other teams I thought we moved the ball pretty well against Logans defense, who was really good against everyone who didn't go by the name of Lancaster. And don't misinterpret this as a bash against Logan, I respect them more than probably any other team we play. But I believe I play with good players on my team, we just can't have injuries this year.

Good post.

Westbrook was far from the only quarterback who struggled against the Logan defense. Only Caleb Knights and Cam West had good days against that defense.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Kinda harsh Paladin, you don't have to get on here and bash a 16 year old kid to build yours up. Westbrook doesn't have a weak arm, I watched him play 10 games, not just one. He was under a lot of pressure from the D-line and had to throw off his back foot a lot. He might not be as weak as you think and he is a All-Ohio high jumper, I think he has some athleticism. Just because he wasn't used as a dual threat doesn't mean he couldn't be. He made some bad choices in the Logan game and the receivers missed some checks also that made Cody look bad.

He is very good QB and deserves credit!!!!

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

Paladin wrote:I was at the Marietta-Logan game. Westbrook needs alot of work, especially weight room work. Arm is weak and he doesn't make alot of different throws. Not sure he can get into good shape to be a good QB, being so skinny & weak. And he's not mobile back in the pocket. More negatives than pluses.

The Logan D was very good against him, but he is not hard to defend. With no run game at Marietta, defending a weak armed QB who throws "ducks" ISN'T HARD.

Angle from Logan is an athlete. He should be a dual threat and hard to contain.

We'll see.

For next year, Knights is probably the best in SEO.

Paladin, Welcome back!!!! I See you haven't changed a bit....Maybe you should go back and play on your My-Space accounts....Instead of ridicule a 16 year old that is working on his goal and dream....

But, noooooooo!!!! You got to start your Logan crap again.... :12224 :12224 :12224 :12224

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I also look for Aaron Oesch from Minford to have a good year. He will be a junior and already has a year of quality varsity experince.

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

bigmac
you have about 3 quarters of varsity experience.silence yourself

and dont take offense to everything said about marietta. just because a poster has something negative to say doesnt mean you have to go all terminator on them. take it in stride. prove them wrong on the field. not on a forum

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Paladin, who has said anything about playing football at the next level.

His future at the next level is in the high jump. He is a kid playing high school football who did not ask for your "PAID scout" critique on a public forum.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Sider Donahoe will be a senior next year.

football_fan_09
Waterboy

Post by football_fan_09 »

Josh Brown and Tyler Boggs of Jackson look for them to be having a good year

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

Westbrook may be tall and skinny, but he really impressed me with the shots he took. Being a defensive line coacha nd seeing a kid with his stature, I thought we might be able to beat him up a little bit, but he proved me wrong. he might be tall and skinny, but he is tough. I do agree that a run game is what they need. They have some monsters, but that offense makes them very passive as blockers.I thought that if they would've lined up foot to foot and drove people off the line, they would've given DC's fits. Thats the downfall of the spread/pass offense. Even the run plays teach the O-linemen to be passive. I'm not a big fan of zone blocking in HS. It makes the OC's job easier b/c you can account for the LB's easier by chipping and comboing, but it still teaches passiveness.IMO
Paladin-you old crumudgeon you. Why you beatin up on the poor kid? I understand your giving an honest assessment, but I'm not sure this is the place. Maybe PM him if you want to give him some of that advice you were paid to give. Don't embarrass him.He's a kid. I also got paid to recruit kids when I coached at a college, and I recruited a kid by the name of Tim Hicks from Lakeland HS in FL. He was 6'5 175 lbs. His Sr. year at West Lib he was the top QB in the WVIAC and weighed about 245 and could throw 70 yards. He is now playing in the Arena league and doing quite well with the LA Avengers. The Destroyers tried to get him but the Avengers paid him more. He also made it through the first round of cuts w/ the Titans. He held just about all of the records at WL, until a young man named Jay Gullion from Waverly broke them.
My point? Sure, I believe in being honest. Ask my players. If I don't think they can play higher than D3 or any college at all, I tell them. Someone has to. But again, theres a time and place. Theres also the right person to tell him. It should be someone they respect or they'll just blow it off as an insult.I also know that a skinny kid can hit a growth spurt or a fat slow kid can lose weight and gain speed.
Mr. Westbrook, you just keep on plugging along. Hit the weights, and do your best in school. I'm sure no one has to tell you your skinny. I was a 225 lb D-lineman when I went to college.I was 255 when I graduated and had a great career. Now I'm pushing 40 and 300 lbs. :122248 Good luck this season.We don't play each other, so I'll only get to see you on film, but keep working hard.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

^^^ Great post.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

BigBlueinsider wrote:bigmac
you have about 3 quarters of varsity experience.silence yourself

and dont take offense to everything said about marietta. just because a poster has something negative to say doesnt mean you have to go all terminator on them. take it in stride. prove them wrong on the field. not on a forum

you sure about that?l just because i didnt start dosent mean i didnt play but you should be proud of your self for playing at warren where all you need to start is a pulse

you silence yourself

and on the topic Cody has already recived a letter from Princeton about football camp and if cody has another good season and maybe gains 15 to 20 pounds he will get a more intrest from other schools. but like shenk said he is a born high jumper and will compete in college high jumping but football could be an intrest for him later. Cody didnt play a single varsity down last year due to his injury early season so to see him do as good as he did is amazing. and about players at the next level umm last time i check Estes kicks in he CUSA. Corey kerchbaum and Kyle welch play for Marietta College. Brett welch plays for Mount Union who wins alot and there could have been more still playing but Kurt Brammer is a doctor or is almost done with school at OSU. Jason Schob had alot of concussions and props to IRONTON who had Tyler Whaley at OSU (who played in the NC) and will have a book about him.

and to top it all off i beilve yes Marietta had someone play in the nfl for the detroit Lions

where are all those logan kids playing at?

Cody westbrook
Tall +
Skinny-
Stats+
Strong Arm+
Moblie even (has some good times and hard times)
Toughness +
Vision of field +

so give him another year he will have a legit shot at some many things later in college

track is a def and football can be a maybe

GO TIGERS!
Last edited by BigMcCauley55 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

well just by looking at some rosters

there some teams have their backup quarterback weighing in at 175 and freshman are at like anywhere between 170 to 230

thats big ten acc sec and big 12 and big east

so it looks like most of these guys start out light and gain muscle and weight as they go so what westbrook is at 165 so he gains 10 to 20 more pounds looks like he could learn the system and by the time he is a say a junior he could be 220 and know they system perfectly

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

oak hills qb for sure size and an arm to go with it :mrgreen:

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

91blue14 wrote:oak hills qb for sure size and an arm to go with it :mrgreen:

He is a really good quarterback that will bring some winning football to Oak Hill. They really improved last year. And this year, they are my pick to win the SOC I. Good luck to the Oaks.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

hilltopkid wrote:Westbrook may be tall and skinny, but he really impressed me with the shots he took. Being a defensive line coacha nd seeing a kid with his stature, I thought we might be able to beat him up a little bit, but he proved me wrong. he might be tall and skinny, but he is tough. I do agree that a run game is what they need. They have some monsters, but that offense makes them very passive as blockers.I thought that if they would've lined up foot to foot and drove people off the line, they would've given DC's fits. Thats the downfall of the spread/pass offense. Even the run plays teach the O-linemen to be passive. I'm not a big fan of zone blocking in HS. It makes the OC's job easier b/c you can account for the LB's easier by chipping and comboing, but it still teaches passiveness.IMO
Paladin-you old crumudgeon you. Why you beatin up on the poor kid? I understand your giving an honest assessment, but I'm not sure this is the place. Maybe PM him if you want to give him some of that advice you were paid to give. Don't embarrass him.He's a kid. I also got paid to recruit kids when I coached at a college, and I recruited a kid by the name of Tim Hicks from Lakeland HS in FL. He was 6'5 175 lbs. His Sr. year at West Lib he was the top QB in the WVIAC and weighed about 245 and could throw 70 yards. He is now playing in the Arena league and doing quite well with the LA Avengers. The Destroyers tried to get him but the Avengers paid him more. He also made it through the first round of cuts w/ the Titans. He held just about all of the records at WL, until a young man named Jay Gullion from Waverly broke them.
My point? Sure, I believe in being honest. Ask my players. If I don't think they can play higher than D3 or any college at all, I tell them. Someone has to. But again, theres a time and place. Theres also the right person to tell him. It should be someone they respect or they'll just blow it off as an insult.I also know that a skinny kid can hit a growth spurt or a fat slow kid can lose weight and gain speed.
Mr. Westbrook, you just keep on plugging along. Hit the weights, and do your best in school. I'm sure no one has to tell you your skinny. I was a 225 lb D-lineman when I went to college.I was 255 when I graduated and had a great career. Now I'm pushing 40 and 300 lbs. :122248 Good luck this season.We don't play each other, so I'll only get to see you on film, but keep working hard.

Thank you, and thanks to everyone who is being somewhat realistic about this situation. Paladin I'm glad you are giving me your input too, I don't mind it. I have taken your advice and have been lifting and I hope you are impressed and think I'm worthy of being mentioned in this forum next year. Hilltopkid, you are a coach at Chillicothe, correct? Lol I remember taking a few shots that game, for some reason we couldn't pick up the blitz and it seemed to be the same guy most of the time. Zach Ray was pretty good, too. Paladin I know I'm skinny but you shouldn't compare kids to Logan kids, they're all big.

Oh thanks again Paladin.

Return to “Football”