Has anything been done at River Valley?

sandman
Freshman Team

Re: Has anything been done at River Valley?

Post by sandman »

To suggest that RV people are not anxious about this is absurd! They may not have high expectations for a speedy and well thought out decision but they want something to be done so that they can move forward.

Under the current situation, why would anyone from RV pay close attention to the forum. They have nothing to discuss other than speculation and rumor. The administration is either:

1. Playing their cards close to their vests
2. Not giving the situation its due attention
3. Too confused to make a decision

You Pick

SW HIGHLANDER GRAD
Waterboy

Post by SW HIGHLANDER GRAD »

Whomever gets the job i just hope they give the coach the time to get the program going, not just 1 season and you're out. Myself i think one year just doesn't give you time to turn things around. Like i said RV players and fans whomever it is give him the support he needs.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good points sandman.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Raiderball wrote:
mtswngrvsg wrote:Not sure how much interest there is from RV fans on this. Only three of the posters on this topic have RV connections at the current time! Maybe that tells the whole story on this? :122247

There are few RV fans who post here. Many of them do so only to ***** and complain.
It seems to be top secret what is going on. 2-3 of current assts are running weight room at this point.

Well, I dont know who exactly we are talking about, but if you go back through and check out most of my posts, I dont think that I ***** and complain about everything. Sorry, just defending myself!

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Getting a new football coach is probably not high on GCLSD's priority list. The longer they wait to make a decision, the more it hurts the kids, school and community.

Are they waiting on a Bob Lutz to fall out of the sky?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

boogerred wrote:Getting a new football coach is probably not high on GCLSD's priority list. The longer they wait to make a decision, the more it hurts the kids, school and community.

lol...those type of coaches are hard to come by....

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Boogerred wrote:

I answer with a quote from HIGHLANDER:

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Know word yet on the new Coach??? Good luck to who ever the new coach may be!!! :|

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Lets just Git er done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Is it just me or is this taking to long?

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

The fact that it is taking Gallia County Local Schools this long to make a decision is a joke! Are they shooting for another run of 0-40? If they keep putting this off they will get just that.

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

Who does the current list of candidates consist of? Is Don Kunz still in the running?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Was told that the positon was posted.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I can't believe they are taking this long, don't they know they have a good team returning and need to get them ready and use to a new head coach, they have a team that took the top teams in the OVC to the while last year and should be considered a dark horse this year if they can get a head coach in there soon to get the players acclemented to him and his system.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

I hear there are 4 people who have applied for the position, all of which have no head coaching experience in football. Don Kunz is one of the applied candidates, but I don't know that any one would be considered out of the running, since there have been 0 interviews. Maybe administration is seaching for information about the candidates and inquiring about football knowledge and background before they interview. I don't know much about a couple of candidates. Any insight or past experience that could be shared would be appreciated (coaching experience, football background, programs worked with)

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

It isn't worth the risk for someone with head coaching experience to try to coach at RV.

Why risk blemishing your coaching record at a school that has not had much success at football? If you are a head coach and you get a job at a school and lose, your odds of getting another head job are low. (When is the last time Carter ((0-40) at RV ) got another coaching job? If you lose and lose bad and often, the best-case scenario is an assistant coaching job.

On the other hand, people with no head-coaching experience are more likely to put in for this job. If a coach gets RV on the right track, then it could be used as a stepping stone toward getting another coaching position. And if they lose, then at least that person had the opportunity to be a head coach.

And by no means am I badmouthing Carter here; just using him as an example.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good post boogerred. Of the past coaches only Triplett came out better in the end.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I don't know but I heard that one of them is coming back! To coaching that is. Not to RV

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

RV's problem is that the powers that be do not care or support athletics, also as for trying to gather a persons football knowledge, shouldn't the people interviewing have some kind of an idea what a football looks like. Fool why don't you put in for the job as long as your not teaching English you may be OK.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

RAT, i don't know if the comment about gathering a persons football knowledge was meant negative, but i was thinking that maybe the administration was looking into the applied candidates to gain a feel before they interview. That would wise, I would think.

I would hope that they would be trying to inquire information befoire interviewing, wouldn't you?

Return to “Football”