Has anything been done at River Valley?

boogerred
All State

Re: Has anything been done at River Valley?

Post by boogerred »

I am sure that some of the people in charge are making a serious effort to delve deep into this situation and select the best candidate for the job.

The problem here is that the priorities of everyone are different; some care a lot and I am sure some don't care at all.

And when the priorities differ, nothing gets accomplished!!!!

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

First will there will be the teaching position, if one is open what the pay will be, and probably last and least the football aspect. I could do surgery but I am sure that a patient would not want that to happen, just like I don't want someone who has never played or coached football making the coaches hiring decision.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Two of the four who have applied for the job teach in the GCLSD.

Both of the other candidates who can be confirmed to have applied teach in the vocational district. At least one of those candidates would be willing to take the RV job w/o having a teaching position in the GCLSD.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

First of all you would have to be insane to give up a teaching job at BHCC for one at RVHS.

Secondly, the onus on winning and losing is great for the successful candidate. RV has been losing for so long that it is a way of life. The new coach will have to break down the system to its most basic element and rebuild it as a respectable program with players, fans and a system that expect to win. Both of the past two coaches have been in several of the games they have lost but the team just did not know how to twist the knife nor did they have experienced subs to spell exhausted players. If you look at last year's statistics, outside of the score, the team performed well and scared several really good teams to death including RH and CG. I think that both of these teams would agree that they were happy to see the clock tick off. Carter and Deel both would have won more games in a different environment.

We should know soon if the information out there is correct. Good luck to the new coach whoever he may be!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I know this will sound strange but this happened to them in several games that I saw during the Carter years. The team wanted to win so bad that it became tough to win when they had the chance. Two examples would have been Meigs and Fairland games. They want to win so bad that they made mistakes because of it trying so hard. As Coach Wooden said, "Be quick but don't hurry"

tabibeeto
Waterboy

Post by tabibeeto »

I'll coach Them! :-D

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

tabibeeto,
that would be a long commute for you

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

the doctor of sick football

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I figure we will hear something in the next month with the teaching contracts being offered and openings available.

tabibeeto
Waterboy

Post by tabibeeto »

Tubby wrote:tabibeeto,
that would be a long commute for you

Yeah I guess it would be about a 7 hours. :lol:

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

it would be worth it tai :-D

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

may be rv should just cancell football for the next season, see if anybody misses it.

doesn't sound liek anybody in chagre would miss it

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I stay in NC maybe Kellie might show-up at the Sonic again. I know I'd be there.

Can't believe nothing has been done yet!!!!!!!!!!!

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

Is there a committee together to even run the interviews? If so, does anyone know who it may consist of? I heard RV is in transition of a high school principal and the present one had desire of getting a football coach hired soon to allow a little time to recruit after school hours and the importance to allow potential players become familiar with the new coach. Wonder if he will be active in selecting the new head coach? Any word on when they may interview and if any candidates that could make a strong case to be the next head coach.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I would transfer if I went to RV and this crap was going on :!: It is taking way to long and I dont think I would want to be a part of a program like that :shock:

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Copy that Brutus!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

We should start to get an idea of what teaching positions will be opening up in the GCLSD very soon.

Maybe this will get some things rolling.

red_it_is
Waterboy

Post by red_it_is »

old-timer wrote:I hear there are 4 people who have applied for the position, all of which have no head coaching experience in football. Don Kunz is one of the applied candidates, but I don't know that any one would be considered out of the running, since there have been 0 interviews. Maybe administration is seaching for information about the candidates and inquiring about football knowledge and background before they interview. I don't know much about a couple of candidates. Any insight or past experience that could be shared would be appreciated (coaching experience, football background, programs worked with)

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Word on the street is that there are eight candidates. Is the top one from Virginia?

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

red_it_is,
Why the beef with Kunz? Did he bench your kid or something?

Return to “Football”