Has anything been done at River Valley?

madpolecat
All State

Re: Has anything been done at River Valley?

Post by madpolecat »

Good luck, Jared.

-- D. Polcyn

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

You're right special olympians are athletes, they don't deserve a coach like Polcyn. I didn't know I was writing a paper to have graded on here. I have talked to SG coaches and I would rather be known for my lack of knowledge than my lack of loyalty and my ability to bad mouth other coaches. The quote I have heard mentioned from SG is "A clown with his own agenda.", like I said thank goodness he is not our next coach or it would be 0-40, with 50+ point spreads.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

So you admit that you know nothing?

If someone who admittedly knows nothing calls you an idiot, was that the fool's attempt at a compliment?

It is going to be 0-40 with 50+ spreads anyway.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck Jared!

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

I am not saying I'm a genius, just stating facts told to me that you are neither loyal or a genius as a coach. Trust me you wouldn't get a compliment from me if my life depended on it. You bad mouthed Coach McClelland for no reason, unless you know something about him that I don't, which I doubt. Have you ever heard "I'm a legend in my own mind." This is you in a nut shell. If Coach M goes 1-39 he will be twice the coach Polcyn would be. Also Futurebball you call it a mistake to hire the coach, do you know Coach M., have you ever played football for him, have you ever played football at anytime.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Wrong Polcyn there buddy!

I played when McClelland coached at RV.

You are way off base when you say that I am a legend in my own mind. I know I am not a great coach - never have claimed to be. I am more of the "Ok, it is your world, boss" type of coach.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Programs that have been having success tend to promote from within the program. If your team has been doing well and you want to continue, it would make sense for someone who has been part of that successful team to be the next leader.

If your team has been losing, it makes very little sense to promote from within. By doing so, you are saying that you want things to continue as they are. I don't reckon I would want to send that message.

If the board wanted to give McClelland the job, why did they wait for six months? Look at all of the negative things that have come out of it. If they'd given him the job from the outset, none of this would be going on now.

RV's record
1992: 3-7
1993: 3-7
1994: 4-6
1995: 3-7
1996: 3-7
1997: 4-5
1998: 0-10
1999: 0-10
2000: 0-10
2001: 0-10
2002: 5-5
2003: 6-4
2004: 2-8
2005: 1-9
2006: 1-9
2007: 2-8 (I know they only beat Alexander, but I think one of the teams on the schedule had to forfeit some games.)

Hiring from within sends the message that 31-108 (RV's record with McClelland as an assistant) is what they want.

As an RV alumnus, of course I want RV to win. I just don't think it will happen any time soon.
Last edited by boogerred on Tue May 20, 2008 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

See what this football stuff has done? People arguing, badmouthing, criticizing, etc. No glue. Should have brought in SOCCER!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

oh my goodness :arrow:

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

As I said yesterday, to support the players, you must support the program and the new coach. Good luck RV and Coach McClelland on your future progam. It is all in front of you now.

smartguy06
Freshman Team

Post by smartguy06 »

I better build a boat...a big one...with all the cyring on this thread sounds like a big flood is coming! :cry:

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

As the greatest of all Greek heroes, TESTICLES (pronounced test-a-cleez) said:

I am not really impressed with name-callers who stand behind their anonymous call-signs.

But is good to know that as a person I have made such a profound impact on a young man's life as I have Mr. rat's.

To my knowledge, I have had good conversations with the man I believe is rat's brother, but I am not sure that I have ever had a conversation with rat himself.

Oh, well.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Rat wrote:
Also Futurebball you call it a mistake to hire the coach, do you know Coach M., have you ever played football for him, have you ever played football at anytime.

You took me out of context. I said RV was making a mistake not giving Polcyn a chance. I didnt mean it was a mistake to hire Jared. He will do a fine job. I just know polcyn knows football and he would be a fine head coach.

Anytime there will be multiple applicants. I am sure there was more than one qualified head coach that applied. Jared and Dan both are good choices. thats all I meant by my statement......sorry

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

future do you think they got their guy who has been around since the 90`s to finally rise to the top above all others. it seems they wanted to get this very right ;-)

Return to “Football”