Who Will Win The Soc II In 2008?????

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Post by the lone ranger »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Wheelersburg, of course.

i agree. i mean the burg won it last year and do have the most titles in soc play. so untill someone knocks the burg of of the throne then it's still the burgs gold ball. here is my early prediction.

1. burg
2. west
3. waverly
4. minford
5. valley
6 northwest

Come on no love for the Falcons tsk tsk

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Re: Who Will Win The Soc II In 2008?????

Post by d-5 »

There are No Rumors in Burg football,We will pick a head coach to carry on the last 34 years or so, A winning tradition and Attitude
bring all of Minford,West and Waverly's Northwest,Valleys Golden Footballs in the last 34 years

BigOrangeOne
S

Re:

Post by BigOrangeOne »

the lone ranger wrote:Come on no love for the Falcons tsk tsk

Minford will lose some good skilled players but I'm betting that some young kids like the McCormick kid will step right in.

OSUBULLDOGG
Waterboy

Post by OSUBULLDOGG »

Burg has seen many championships, however that is going to place a tiny bit of pressure on the next headcoach and even for the commity who recommends the next coach??? Anymore rumors of possible selections for the job?? I know I have heard all kinds from A. Hall, P.Ruby, G, Baily, M. Gullion and even F. Brisker. Wow what a broad group to select from.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Its hard to argue with Wheelersburg until someone beats them consistantly. I don't like it, but facts are facts. I think both West and Minford are moving in the right direction and are tightening the gap. I believe Waverly may take a step or two back just based on the amount of contributing seniors they lost.

I don't agree though that the loss of Lewis couldn't have a large impact on Wheelersburg. Woodward may be a heck of a coach, I don't know, but I'm sure that Lewis was. Take for example after Larry Hall left. Burg was good for a year and then a couple years of very average by their standards. Was it lack of talent or leadership? Coaching is a big-big thing in High School football.

That being said I'm really excited about what I've seen from the West Program. We now have a coach who is dedicated to the kids and to winning. He's tough and demands effort. I've been very impressed with what I've seen in the offseason. We will be good with the chance to be very good. There will be talent in all 4 grades for the first time since 2002.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re:

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:You guys ABSOLUTELY, FRIGGIN' KILL ME!!!!!!!!!

The thread ask, who do you think is going to win the SOCII and just because someone said Burg, they are arrogant and of course biased.

Give it fellows. Burg is the defending champs, they have some good returning players coming back, so therefore I too think they will be the frontrunners to win the league.

falconflyer, what the hell does a Burg coaching change have anything to do with whether or not they can beat West? The coach doesn't play the game, the players do. Like was said above, if Coach Woodward gets it, the Burg won't lose a beat.

i agree. it's them boys that is out there bustin there butts everyday durin the summer durin 2 a days. it's the boys who play sick, play hurt because they love the game. it's the players who win the games. IMHO i don't see how a new coach will change how the burg plays.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re:

Post by Mad-Dogg »

FalconFan wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Wheelersburg, of course.

i agree. i mean the burg won it last year and do have the most titles in soc play. so untill someone knocks the burg of of the throne then it's still the burgs gold ball. here is my early prediction.

1. burg
2. west
3. waverly
4. minford
5. valley
6 northwest

Of course both of you think that Burg will win SOC. You guys are both biased and not very realistic.

of course me and 77 and gonna say burg. we both went to burg and we both live in burg. look at the history burg has more titles then any other school course they are gonna be the favorite no matter what anyone wants to think. it'd be like me playin jordan one on one. who would you pick to win it. of course you'd take mj.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Sounds as though it`s the burg, hands down ! :twisted:

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Sounds to me like you Burg fans think the rest of the SOC teams should just not show up, the Burg is so good! We will see.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

sounds to me like burg fans are saying based on the past 30-35 yrs and on what they have coming back that they should be mentioned when talking about who wins the SOC next yr.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

When was the last time Wheelersburg was not in top two of the league?

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Well, congrats to Coach Woodward! :)

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

sportsfan_1959 wrote:When was the last time Wheelersburg was not in top two of the league?

my guess would be before miller but i could be wrong

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I look for The Might Minford Falcons to be a force in the S.O.C. for years to come. As long as Coach Daniels and his staff are there, things will move in the RIGHT direction

Army
S

Re:

Post by Army »

chicken_coop wrote:Whoever plays the best...

THAT'S A GREAT ONE THERE :!: :-D

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Re: Re:

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Army wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Whoever plays the best...

THAT'S A GREAT ONE THERE :!: :-D

i agree. it'll be whoever wants it more

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Re: Re:

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:You guys ABSOLUTELY, FRIGGIN' KILL ME!!!!!!!!!

The thread ask, who do you think is going to win the SOCII and just because someone said Burg, they are arrogant and of course biased.

Give it fellows. Burg is the defending champs, they have some good returning players coming back, so therefore I too think they will be the frontrunners to win the league.

falconflyer, what the hell does a Burg coaching change have anything to do with whether or not they can beat West? The coach doesn't play the game, the players do. Like was said above, if Coach Woodward gets it, the Burg won't lose a beat.

i agree. it's them boys that is out there bustin there butts everyday durin the summer durin 2 a days. it's the boys who play sick, play hurt because they love the game. it's the players who win the games. IMHO i don't see how a new coach will change how the burg plays.

Given coach woodward probably won't change much since he is a returning assistant coach, they shouldn't miss a beat. But are you trying to say that if a new coach running a straight Maryland I formation and 6-2 defense wouldn't "change how the burg plays", if so that is a ridiculous statement to make. Coaches do matter, better coaches make players also be better, and it can also go the other way.

tiger-fan67
Waterboy

Post by tiger-fan67 »

I think the burg will be too athletic and strong for west to handle. west will be strong but burg will be more athletic like it showed last year. the upcoming players at burg right now are some of the strongest, most athletic boys in a long time. Waverly & Minford will give them a better game in my opinion due to the speed match-up. we'll see come time for football again, my prediction along with SOC II record:

1.Wheelersburg - (5-0)
2.Waverly - (4-1)
3.West - (3-2)
4.Minford - (2-3)
5.Valley - (1-4)
6.Northwest - (0-5)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Alot of the speed and athletes that hurt West last year (Cook, Spradlin, Jenkins, Conley, Stamper, Riepenhoff) are gone. I know Burg had a very good soph class, but its hard to replace athletes and especially experience like that. We lost 4 guys that played.

If you look at the Sophs through Seniors to be at West and Wheelersburg, the only one to beat West as freshman is your juniors to be. Our 8th grade also won handily last year. We have the athletes to play with Wheelersburg. Whats been missing is the offseason, and theirs been a big change there.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

West

Return to “Football”