Who Will Win The Soc II In 2008?????

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Who Will Win The Soc II In 2008?????

Post by fbnut »

wheelersburg leads the alltime series vs portsmouth 16-11. they are a kneel down from being 5-0 on the last 5 games against phs and therefore they are 4-1 in the last 5 yrs. the burg is 4-8 vs ironton the last 12 yrs. with the exception of a few blowouts on both sides the burg-ironton game is just about always competative. I think the burg has proven that they can hold there own vs phs and ironton. maybe thats why they are the only one that votes to let phs in the soc everytime it comes up for a vote.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Yea, the fumble on the kneel down was kind of a game changer. But, burg had a chance to stop Portsmouth on defense. But they didn't. And what happened???? Portsmouth scored a game winning touchdown with 10 seconds left. Defense failed them.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

High School Football fellas....no need to get extremely worked up.

About 3 pages ago, someone asked about Valley, so I figured i'd elaborate a little.

The Indians will be in rebuilding year #2 this fall with a VERY talented group of freshman and sophs. If you watched those boys in jr. high then you know what I'm talking about. I look for the Indians to take their lumps again this season, but continuing to work hard and gain valuable varsity playing time should pay off for those boys in the coming few years.

As far as the SOC 2 this season, how can you not say Wheelersburg? Honestly....

I know people are "loyal" to the school they attend, but you have to beat the Pirates to win the SOC. I still have them as the favorite until they are knocked off. West will have had to learn how to play football in a years time because the West team I saw Valley defeat last season was not championship material.

1. Wheelersburg
2. Minford
3. West
4. Valley
5. Waverly
6. Northwest

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

the burg blew it, no argument here. I was debating your statement that ironton and phs play a different breed of football than the burg. Based on records the burg can certainly hold there own vs portsmouth and although ironton holds an advantage over the burg in wins, the burg has proven that they can play with ironton. Maybe thats the reason the burgs the only soc team that has both of them on their schedule every yr.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

FalconFan wrote:Yea, the fumble on the kneel down was kind of a game changer. But, burg had a chance to stop Portsmouth on defense. But they didn't. And what happened???? Portsmouth scored a game winning touchdown with 10 seconds left. Defense failed them.

When's the last time Minford beat Portsmouth?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

would you like to guess who the burg holds a 45-5 record against? that looks like a different breed of football.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Trooper wrote:
FalconFan wrote:Yea, the fumble on the kneel down was kind of a game changer. But, burg had a chance to stop Portsmouth on defense. But they didn't. And what happened???? Portsmouth scored a game winning touchdown with 10 seconds left. Defense failed them.

When's the last time Minford beat Portsmouth?

Well, we were talking about Portsmouth and burg. But, since you brought it up, I think Portsmouth has beat Minford all the four times they have played. All I'm saying is, Burg or Minford or anyone in the SOC will not be happy if Portsmouth or Ironton comes to play in the SOC. I don't think that they will be coming though so it doesn't even matter.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I will go wayyyyy out on a limb here with the Pirates of Wheelersburg :mrgreen:

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

boilermaker wrote:I will go wayyyyy out on a limb here with the Pirates of Wheelersburg :mrgreen:

And you would be 100% correct. I was only say that if burg loves to win all those SOC Championship Trophies than they won't be very happy when Portsmouth and Ironton come.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i can see things changing , a lot off people are using pre-k so maybe will see 18-19 year old kids playing 18-19 kids instead as in the past 18-19 playing 16-17 year old kids .i think all of minfords seniors could play next year i know a couple are still 17. 8)

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Although it is doubtful, I sure hope the coaches of some of these "brilliant" SOC teams think like some of you on here...it would be to the advantage of some!!!!! :122249 :122249

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

19yr olds...dont want alot, thats gettin close to the limit. gettin held back past pre-k would jeopardize a persons high school career depending on when they start

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

Burg cant compete with Ironton and Portsmouth? Burg blew out Ironton last year, which i realize doesnt happen usually and I would say they certainly competed against Portsmouth. I think Wheelersburg had one of the better teams they've had in a long time last year, but they played the hardest sched. theyve played in a long time also. All in all the burg had a very nice year last year. As far as next year, dont sleep on Waverly, I think Roback will be playing QB and is one heck of an athlete. Ill still take Burg though. West should have a good year with a lot of good talent returning. Minford should be good too, but Im goin with the burg until somebody proves me wrong because they dominate the SOC year after year..

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Post by the lone ranger »

I wouldn't say burg dominates year after year in the SOC now they are always in the top 2 don't forget they were just 6 points away from being tri-champs last year

burgfan2
Waterboy

Post by burgfan2 »

How can you say Wheelersburg doesn't dominate the SOC? They have more SOC trophies than all the other schools combined. Yes every other school is getting more competetive but Wheelersburg has been one time 4 out of the past 5 years. Thats dominating.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

the lone ranger wrote:I wouldn't say burg dominates year after year in the SOC now they are always in the top 2 don't forget they were just 6 points away from being tri-champs last year

Yeah and the 9-1 waverly tigers were 30some points from goin undefeated too

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

As much as I dislike wheelersburg, you gotta be sick in the head if you don't think that they dominate the SOC. Just look at the numbers. They win it virtually ever year. Sure, I don't like to admit it but, they do dominate the SOC.
Last edited by TrojanXplosion on Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

wheelersburg will steamroll everybody in the league just like everyother year

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

jiveturkey wrote:wheelersburg will steamroll everybody in the league just like everyother year

I wouldnt say steamroll

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

You never know, the winds of change might just be heading towards the SOC this year! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”