Late breaking news out of Wheelersburg

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I don't think anyone has ever questioned Coach Lewis' coaching abilities or his work ethic. It was more on the lines of him calling certain plays during a crucial time in the game or going completely away from his gameplan in the second half, when what he was doing in the first half was working.

I loved the spread offense he brought to the Burg. It made for some exciting games during his tenure here.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Has anyone heard who has applied for the position?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:I don't anyone has ever questioned Coach Lewis' coaching abilities or his work ethic. It was more on the lines of him calling certain plays during a crucial time in the game or going completely away from his gameplan in the second half, when what he was doing in the first half was working.

I loved the spread offense he brought to the Burg. It made for some exciting games during his tenure here.

i agree yabba. that is about the only thing i found wrong with him was the fact he would just change the game plan.

who all is bein concidered anyone know

oldschooler
Waterboy

Post by oldschooler »

I also agree with Yabba, and will add that it seemed like too many coaches were trying to make decicions and that led to obvious confusion and frustration over the years on the sidelines, but all in all, Lewis was there for all the right reasons and that showed in his players.

I look for the job to go to Coach Woodward, he is well liked in the community, the players, and Coach Lewis always spoke highly of his knowledge of the game and the fact that he was a good asst coach. But he is already a teacher, so they would have to hire a new teacher, and that could lead to another coach on the staff.

Keep me posted as I am out of town and very interested in what is brewing up north.

The school board is very capable of hiring the right man for this job, as they did with Coach Lewis before.

whspirate
Waterboy

Post by whspirate »

It is official: The Reitz board voted this evening.
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2008/f ... web-lewis/
Tomorrow you can read all about it. At least that is what this article says.
Looking forward to see his response to the media questioning tomorrow.

Good luck Coach Lewis!

whspirate
Waterboy

Post by whspirate »

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2008/f ... -official/

I am sure there will be more to come tomorrow or this evening. Sounds like he will be meeting with media after school in Indiana today.

kahn
Freshman Team

lewis

Post by kahn »

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/ar ... _reitz.txt

Story in the PDT with quotes from Lewis

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Any of the suggestions above for coach would do a good job.

osu 77
All State

Re: lewis

Post by osu 77 »

kahn wrote:http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/articles/2008/02/19/sports/2sports_reitz.txt

Story in the PDT with quotes from Lewis

Good luck Coach

Now lets move on who will be the next coach at Wheelersburg?

OSUBULLDOGG
Waterboy

Re: Late breaking news out of Wheelersburg

Post by OSUBULLDOGG »

WILL WHEELERSBURG INVITE THE HALLS TO BE IN THE NEXT FILMING OF ALL IN THE FAMILY AT ED MILLER STADIUM????

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Wheelersburg's New Football Coach

Post by BurgGrad »

Just heard on WNXT that Rob Woodard has been hired as the new coach this morning at a special board meeting.

Congrats Rob!!

I think the board made a wise choice.

Westfan
SEOP

Re: WHEELERSBURG'S NEW FOOTBALL COACH

Post by Westfan »

Until Lewis left, I had never heard of this guy. Any background on him? What did he coach this year? Throw-back coach or wide open? Just curious

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

congrats to coach woodward on gettin the head coachin job. can't wait to see how he does. new coach 2 new teams on the schedule. should be interesting

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to Rob on becoming the next coach at Wheelersburg High School. I believe he will do a good job of keeping the winning traditon instilled in these young men and he will get the job done.

Siderman, Rob has been around for quite some time now. I believe 4 or 5 years or so and has been an asst coach for a while as well. He knows the program and I really don't see much changing in the system. I guess we'll just have to wait and see come this fall.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Heres to him going 9-1 every year!

FrozenFish
Waterboy

Post by FrozenFish »

Who will he bring in with him? Do you think the staff will remain pretty well intact otherwise?

Good luck to Tony Lewis in Indiana. Maybe we could schedule a game between Reitz and The Burg at a neutral location ... say, Paul Brown Stadium ?
I think he was just undercover spying for the State of Indiana anyway. They are still trying desperately to match the quality of football that Ohio has. We know it will never happen, but that won't stop them from trying.

One other thing: Thank you Tony Lewis for what you brought to the SOC. It was sure fun to watch, and I dont care what they say, you're alright!

Oh yeah, and, hoosiers stink. Go Bucks.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congrats to Coach Woodward, Good Luck from Gallia County! 8)
Last edited by MTSWNGRVSG on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Good luck from the Pasture of Pain. Except when you play Minford of course.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

How old is he 19?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I GOT UNDERWEAR OLDER THAN THAT DUDE :!: :!: :!:

ANYWAY, CONGRATULATIONS, I KNOW WHAT A THRILL IT IS TO COACH.
HOPE YOU GO 9----1 EVERY YEAR, AND BECOME NEW MEAT FOR THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS.

SERIOUSLY, I CAN'T HELP MYSELF SOMETIMES, :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: GOOD LUCK.

Return to “Football”