Fairland Non-Renews Coach Wilcoxon

the pooper
Waterboy

Re: Fairland Non-Renews Coach Wilcoxon

Post by the pooper »

he is a good man who got 4 years from the community and parted with a 12-28 record.

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

the pooper wrote:he is a good man who got 4 years from the community and parted with a 12-28 record.
You are a such an obnoxious joke. As much as I love to win even I know there are more important things . Why don't you leave the man alone You got your way now I plan to work hard to get my way come elections.
Last edited by dragoncoach56 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Just thought I would read what Fairland people had to say. I had heard about BW's non-renewal ;-) .After reading these comments, and i don't have a dog in this fight, it does sound pretty bad for BW. I mean his record does sound pretty bad. 12-28.... seems with the talent u hear about, it just seems a little better win production would be evident. I knew BW had been at a couple of different schools but wow. That also seems to send up a red flag. How many schools have to 'non-renew' for someone to ask, hmmmmmmm. I'm sure he is a very good man, but reality is....12-28, and a bouncing ball through the coaches ranks arond So. Ohio...... Good luck BW and good luck Fairland.

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

What's really sad too is this is why Fairland can never get a big crowd following. Just when the program is starting to build, time to start over. People get tired of the politics and just say forget it, I'm done going to watch. I'm afraid this will cause a split in the community just like at Ironton. I've heard several people say I can't wait till my kid graduates and then I don't have to deal with all the mess. Those are the people who have been involved with sports for a long time and now will not be showing support anymore- people who are alumnis. I remember Wilcoxen saying that he would love to see the stands full with supporters and we were getting there. Now what?

the pooper
Waterboy

Post by the pooper »

its hard to get a big crowd when ur team is constantly losing sportsnut. 12-28 wont get much support. what politics do you keep referring to? this is the third job the man has had. fool me once shame on me fool me twice...........

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

Pooper-I'm done with this conversation. We have to deal with whatever the board decides.

the pooper
Waterboy

Post by the pooper »

well lets just hope it all works out the best for the kids. i think everyone can agree on that!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

That's always easier to say when your opinion is the same as the boards. :roll:

the pooper
Waterboy

Post by the pooper »

ok blindwhitehat. what would u like me to say then?? SCREW THE KIDS?? is that what u want?? moron!! what i was saying is we can all agree that it works out best for the kids. That is what all of us regardless of preference of coaches really want.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Moron? It's obvious that you are anti-Wilcoxon so you are thrilled with the board decision. Can't you just be man enough to admit that instead of acting like you're "for the kids"? I'm sure if the board decided that keeping Wilcoxon was best for the kids you wouldn't agree.

getagrip
Waterboy

Post by getagrip »

Pooper rocks.

no1osufan
Waterboy

Post by no1osufan »

i heard they were transfering to chesapeake any one else know where lamb, hatfield, and boomers going?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

wow !!!What a mess!!! :|

the pooper
Waterboy

Post by the pooper »

it cant hurt the dragons much if these guys transfer. its not like they have done anything yet in football anyway??? if you don't have a love for your school and community and dont want to play for your hometown team, im sure the new coach wont want u on his team anyway!

bgmonster
Waterboy

Post by bgmonster »

First of all, anyone who believes losing these three players won't affect the program obviously hasn't been paying attention the last couple of years. Lamb was the third ranked junior receiver in the state, Hatfield was ranked second in passing in the Tri-State, and Bloomfield, while only a sophmore, has the speed and talent to be a leader in his own right over the next year or so. Second, I've heard nothing but rumors about any of these kids transferring next season and we all know how rumors fly in a small community. Third and finally, school loyalty doesn't pay the tuition. Who would expect anyone with the potential to get all or part of their college education paid for to just give up for the sake of a community that won't even come out to support their own team, regardless of their record? Maybe pooper would like to initiate a fundraiser to pay tuition for any of these or any other player to show his community spirit.

catch22
Riding the Bench

Post by catch22 »

hey pooper, you absolutely know nothing about these kids if you say it wont hurt the football team. give me a break. you talk about playing for the community? ha, that's a laugh. the people in this community that did have kids playing for Brent liked him and his system. maybe not everyone but the majority, 8 out of 10. now the ones outside is the ones that are running their mouths, including yourself. cant wait to see who they pull out of the woodworks for the job. HOPEFULLY Brent reapplies for the job!!!!!!! and yes, he can reapply.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

the pooper wrote:it cant hurt the dragons much if these guys transfer. its not like they have done anything yet in football anyway??? if you don't have a love for your school and community and dont want to play for your hometown team, im sure the new coach wont want u on his team anyway!

That's a great plan. You'll win a lot of games by having your best talent transfer. At least with your brillant plan the new coach will get to start from scratch, literally. :roll:

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

If you ask me the school and those board members that voted for non-renewal let those boys down. These boys have a chance to maybe play beyond HS and have to think of their futures. I know the boys hope coach reapplies.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

no1osufan wrote:i heard they were transfering to chesapeake any one else know where lamb, hatfield, and boomers going?

I talked to one of these guys today and they will not transfer unless, a certain someone becomes coach. And if they transfer, trust me it wont be Chesapeake. I heard the school they would possibly transfer to. it's not peake.

getagrip
Waterboy

Post by getagrip »

Kids can't be bigger than the program. If they leave, oh well. The quality of life in our community won't change, and I'll certainly rally around the kids who stay. But as I've said before, I'm sure all these rumors are way overblown. No one really knows. Not having coach Wilcoxon around isn't going to keep any of them from playing in college if they're good enough.
As for 8 out of 10 supporting Wilcoxon, that's a joke. Maybe that's true among the tight-knit group of parents whose lives revolve around their kids on the field and whose social standing depends on the success of their kids, but that's it. I'm sure that's especially true among all the daddies that were Wilcoxon's assistants.
There was plenty of discontent and criticism in the stands. Some fair, some unfair, but you have to be living in a bubble not to realize a significant portion of people were unhappy with Wilcoxon.
But I guess these daddies/assistant coaches were living in a bubble. They thought they could coach.

Return to “Football”