Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Round 2 Playoffs #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Crab's Brother wrote:I have now seen the Burg play 4 times (Both Ironton games, Minford, and Valley). The constant in those games have been their much talked about defense. And that defense deserves every bit of praise it has received.

The thing that I feel Wheelersburg has going for it is the improvement with Kyle Davis and the passing game. I left the Tank in late August and thought that Burg was going to be very one dimensional and not a threat in the passing game. Well 11 weeks later that is different. Are they as good in the air as they appeared last Friday? No. Myself, 5 random posters, and 5 women could score through the air on Ironton's secondary, but Burg's passing game is now a big threat. That said, I do not think they are really pushed in the next two weeks. The winner of the ZT-Alexander game will put up a fight, but Burg will not be in danger of losing in the 4th quarter of either game.

I am guessing that the State will set the final four bracket after this week's games (They did last year). I do think Wheelersburg can play with Coldwater, but I think everyone would rather see that happen in the finals. Hopefully the State decides they don't want another final round blood bath and they match CCC with Coldwater or the Burg in round 14.
I really agree with this poster. WLR had to settle for 3 FG's attempts after approaching the redzone making two & missing the third. Their lone TD was a long sustained drive that ate up the clock. Right before the half with 3 3rd down passing conversions. They were down @ the half 10-7. They made their two FG's in the 3rd qrtr, to take the lead & not relinquish it. They held a 1209 yd back to 37 yards.

If you aren't pushing Things in like you have all year, that would be an immediate red flag to me. You should have the power to push in @least one of those. They only got into the endzone 1 time. Yes, it was close & a defensive battle, but low scoring as well means something came to a hault, that was working all year. Although, they handed Sandy Valley their only loss( d5 reg. 15/ 10-1,)21-7, they lost out of nowhere to Waynedale (D5, reg 16 6-4)
37-6.
I just feel DaBurg is continuing to develop & fine tune it all. The only way to beat the burg is to get to the QB. Only CCC & Coldwater have the schedule, coaches, skilled positions etc to possibly do that, & that's not known for sure, as to what this poster I'm quoting pointed out. the quality of play is undeniable & I truly don't think they've been tested yet. No disrespect to Jackson & valley, that's just my gut feeling & it hardly ever fails me.

WLR Just hasn't seen this good of balanced offensive threat FB. Can you imagine their scouters thoughts on that & then the defensive play.
Surely they could see IHS was not a team of the past, but a complete explosion after HT after a somewhat competitive first half, just giving a glimpse of WHS defense would do after HT?
They should be very concerned in my opinion.

They play out of the IVC conference & it was really weak except for sandy valley. The waynedale loss was the second game & Was out of league play in week 2.
Sandy valley did win its first playoff game against East Palestine(7-4) 28-14. They only have 6 seniors, 14 juniors, 12 sophomores, & 1 frosh on the roster, I found in a COSHOCTON newspaper from August, 2015

I think the Burg gets a little (and I mean very little) more competition & it starts to give their play an extra uuummmph, it will need as the second season of five games moves along!

GOOD LUCK BURG!!!
Stay healthy & represent!!!
Go burg go!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Round 2 Playoffs #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:I have now seen the Burg play 4 times (Both Ironton games, Minford, and Valley). The constant in those games have been their much talked about defense. And that defense deserves every bit of praise it has received.

The thing that I feel Wheelersburg has going for it is the improvement with Kyle Davis and the passing game. I left the Tank in late August and thought that Burg was going to be very one dimensional and not a threat in the passing game. Well 11 weeks later that is different. Are they as good in the air as they appeared last Friday? No. Myself, 5 random posters, and 5 women could score through the air on Ironton's secondary, but Burg's passing game is now a big threat. That said, I do not think they are really pushed in the next two weeks. The winner of the ZT-Alexander game will put up a fight, but Burg will not be in danger of losing in the 4th quarter of either game.

I am guessing that the State will set the final four bracket after this week's games (They did last year). I do think Wheelersburg can play with Coldwater, but I think everyone would rather see that happen in the finals. Hopefully the State decides they don't want another final round blood bath and they match CCC with Coldwater or the Burg in round 14.
I really agree with this poster. WLR had to settle for 3 FG's attempts after approaching the redzone making two & missing the third. Their lone TD was a long sustained drive that ate up the clock. Right before the half with 3 3rd down passing conversions. They were down @ the half 10-7. They made their two FG's in the 3rd qrtr, to take the lead & not relinquish it. They held a 1209 yd back to 37 yards.

If you aren't pushing Things in like you have all year, that would be an immediate red flag to me. You should have the power to push in @least one of those. They only got into the endzone 1 time. Yes, it was close & a defensive battle, but low scoring as well means something came to a hault, that was working all year. Although, they handed Sandy Valley their only loss( d5 reg. 15/ 10-1,)21-7, they lost out of nowhere to Waynedale (D5, reg 16 6-4)
37-6.
I just feel DaBurg is continuing to develop & fine tune it all. The only way to beat the burg is to get to the QB. Only CCC & Coldwater have the schedule, coaches, skilled positions etc to possibly do that, & that's not known for sure, as to what this poster I'm quoting pointed out. the quality of play is undeniable & I truly don't think they've been tested yet. No disrespect to Jackson & valley, that's just my gut feeling & it hardly ever fails me.

WLR Just hasn't seen this good of balanced offensive threat FB. Can you imagine their scouters thoughts on that & then the defensive play.
Surely they could see IHS was not a team of the past, but a complete explosion after HT after a somewhat competitive first half, just giving a glimpse of WHS defense would do after HT?
They should be very concerned in my opinion.

They play out of the IVC conference & it was really weak except for sandy valley. The waynedale loss was the second game & Was out of league play in week 2.
Sandy valley did win its first playoff game against East Palestine(7-4) 28-14. They only have 6 seniors, 14 juniors, 12 sophomores, & 1 frosh on the roster, I found in a COSHOCTON newspaper from August, 2015

I think the Burg gets a little (and I mean very little) more competition & it starts to give their play an extra uuummmph, it will need as the second season of five games moves along!

GOOD LUCK BURG!!!
Stay healthy & represent!!!
Go burg go!
Your best post all year.

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Playoffs D5R17 #4 Ridgewood vs. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I agree p (irate) it is his best post!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Where ya at cpt. Obvious? Is it too obvious the burg is going to win this one??

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Everyone knows its only Tuesday right?
Regular season weeks always go so fast.
Playoff weeks always go so slow.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Where ya at cpt. Obvious? Is it too obvious the burg is going to win this one??
I'm here obviously! Have to extend my thanks to the ironton fan from Florida... Sry I can't spell your screen name even when I'm looking at it! It's nice to hear this team get some credit for the way they play instead of the way their opponent didn't play. Also I extend my apologies to the "wood" team and supporters! You have no idea about the team you'll play in Logan. You've had a great season wood and should be proud but it's gonna be basketball time come sat morning..... Obviously!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Neutron Man wrote:Everyone knows its only Tuesday right?
Man I was talking about this earlier... it's really weird how that happens.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Neutron Man wrote:Everyone knows its only Tuesday right?
I'm glad you're keeping track. :lol: All my days run together anymore.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

is the burg for real? when will they be tested?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Coldwater will test them forsure!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Coldwater will test them forsure!!
You must be BluesBrother on the Puddle. :lol: Every Coldwater thread he's throwing Burg in the mix.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

1906 wrote:is the burg for real? when will they be tested?
Burg has answered every test, but they know the questions will get harder. The defense is good enough to get them to a state title. Ridge wood will bring a sound running game. They will have to be good again. From this point on, they will be tested in every game. We are down to the best sixteen teams in d5.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote:
Burg has answered every test, but they know the questions will get harder. The defense is good enough to get them to a state title. Ridge wood will bring a sound running game. They will have to be good again. From this point on, they will be tested in every game. We are down to the best sixteen teams in d5.
Ridgewoods run game is based on speed and getting to the edge. No one has been able to get to the edge on The Pirates D this year so far. I don't see that changing. Defensively The Pirates out match anyone in this region. They are very disciplined and play their keys to perfection. They are able to give different looks and switch them at the snap. If Burg can force 3rd and long situations this game will get ugly quick. Offensively Burg will torment the Ridgewood D. Too many sets to prepare for mentally.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Ok I'm Bored With The Talk Let's Play The Game Already!

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

I believe the 11 Team's that the Burg has played will say they are for Real... They have been tested by Valley and Jackson, and both of these Team's going into week 12..... The Wood will be their next Test...One game at a time...

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

The 2004 Wheelersburg Pirates also had a fast defense. In the regional finals against Amanda-Clearcreek the Pirate's defensive ends were held on nearly every play and nothing was called. This enabled Amanda's RB's to turn the corner all night long and the Aces got the victory.
Let's hope that scenario doesn't play out again and the game can be decided by the players.
Moral: Anything can happen and life isn't fair. :|
Go Pirates!
Footnote: I am not saying that the 2004 Pirate defense was as good as this years. It was not.

Pirate Nation
Waterboy

Post by Pirate Nation »

Pirates - 42
Ridgewood - 3

Pirates too much for the Generals.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ugh this week is taking too long!! Side note. It's going to be cold Friday night! Hahah

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote:Ugh this week is taking too long!! Side note. It's going to be cold Friday night! Hahah
I have tried hitting the Fast forward button. My batteries must be dead. >>>

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: classic
P(irate) wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:Ugh this week is taking too long!! Side note. It's going to be cold Friday night! Hahah
I have tried hitting the Fast forward button. My batteries must be dead. >>>

Return to “Football”