Late breaking news out of Wheelersburg

radioman
Freshman Team

Re: WHEELERSBURG'S NEW FOOTBALL COACH

Post by radioman »

congrats to rob, he will do a outstanding job as head coach, ive known

this young man for a long time and he will bring class and integrity and

enthusiasm to this program. you guys got a gem..

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Congratulations to Coach Woodward!

Excellent choice IMO. Has a great relationship with the players and their respect. Also being in the system for 7 years will provide the players with the consistency in the program. Burg should not miss a beat this season
Last edited by BULDOG on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

outofbounds
Waterboy

Post by outofbounds »

Congradulations, Coach Woodward. I don't think that the Burg could have found a better man for the job. I have the utmost confidence that you'll make this program better and achieve outstanding success for the program. I was suprised that everything happened this fast, but i am glad the board took care of this before the offseason came to an end and this program didn't have a direction. I'll be there rooting for your success next season. GO BURG!

tiger-fan67
Waterboy

Post by tiger-fan67 »

There couldn't have been a better choice for a coach. Coach Woodward is a defensive mastermind. Look for burg to come out very physical and in shape in the 08 season. If the burg even loses one game it won't be to Ironton. I can't help myself either. See you sooner than you'd like Ironton hahah

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

touche,dude. :-D

alabama mike
SE

Re: Wheelersburg's New Football Coach

Post by alabama mike »

Congrats and best wishes on your selection as head coach. We wish you well.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats to Coach Woodward.

Sounds like they are getting a good one for the program. Whenever the kids like the new coach that is being hired, that can't be nothing but good, because they will already know him, know what he brings to the table and be more willing to play hard for him other then someone who might come in screaming and hollering at the kids for no reason at all.

whspirate
Waterboy

Post by whspirate »

There is a lot of talk about the new hire. Everyone agrees that woodward is a great person and a good coach. There is anger on the minds of a few because they feel as though they should of been opened up for all to apply. Regardless of how the process would of unfolded woodward would of been a top candidate. The future can not be predicted. However, the past is a powerful indication of the future! He has proven himself in the past and he has constantly worked towards being a head coach. He has his opportunity and my personal prediction is that he will be successful. I support the the decision to hire woodward and I look for great things to happen next season and behond.
Time will tell..............

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GOOD LUCK COACH WOODWARD!!!

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

whspirate wrote:There is a lot of talk about the new hire. Everyone agrees that woodward is a great person and a good coach. There is anger on the minds of a few because they feel as though they should of been opened up for all to apply. Regardless of how the process would of unfolded woodward would of been a top candidate. The future can not be predicted. However, the past is a powerful indication of the future! He has proven himself in the past and he has constantly worked towards being a head coach. He has his opportunity and my personal prediction is that he will be successful. I support the the decision to hire woodward and I look for great things to happen next season and behond.
Time will tell..............

Not sure what all the fuss would be about. It is my understanding that the coaching job must be posted internally first and it was posted at both the high school, middle and elementary. It must be offered to a current school teacher/employee. If noone is qualified or hired internally, then the job will be offered to the public.

If I am incorrect, then someone please let me know.

Oh... and I feel they did hire and make the best decision for the current program and future.

outofbounds
Waterboy

Post by outofbounds »

I wonder why the paper has not run an article on the new coach. I also had heard that the coaching staff will be quite a bit different this coming year since some of the coaches aren't returning for one reason or another. I really don't think there are many teachers in the school system that are interested in coaching. This could be a problem for Rob as he tries to fill his staff. I hope he can get some quality coaches to step in, i really think this years team could make a serious run in the playoffs. They are just going to have to solidify an offensive line, they have the skilled people and speed to burn.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Congrats, Rob...One of Gallipolis' outstanding football players. I'll have to check, but I think he holds the school record for most career tackles. As GAHS-4-ever said, you folks got a gem. We hated to lose him five years ago.

burgfan2
Waterboy

Post by burgfan2 »

I think the only concern some people would have(I know I am) with Rob becoming the coach is by next year he could be gone. From what I have heard he has openly said he was going to leave as soon as the Gallia job opened up. I just wonder why the administration would hire him knowing he is going to leave. I hope he doesn't cause he is a great coach and the kids respond very well to him.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

burgfan2 wrote:I think the only concern some people would have(I know I am) with Rob becoming the coach is by next year he could be gone. From what I have heard he has openly said he was going to leave as soon as the Gallia job opened up. I just wonder why the administration would hire him knowing he is going to leave. I hope he doesn't cause he is a great coach and the kids respond very well to him.

Coach Woodward has stated in the past that he would like to return to Gallia and this is possibly a stepping stone for him to get there. But, I believe the administration made the best decision it could with minimal disruption for the current players and program. Hopefully he will be here a few more years as I am confident that he can continue the W'burg football tradition.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Congrats to a Gallia County boy made good.

Wheelersburg is a great opportunity for a first-time head coach.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

blue devils are everywhere. lead the ship of pirates, clean shaven so have to call you no beard ;-)

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Coach "No Beard" Woodward. I like it.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

I believe the admins. made the right decision by choosing Coach Woodward for the head coaching job. The current players are all familiar, if not friends, with him so he in my opinion is the best choice for the job.

Having played for Woodward for the past 3yrs. I can tell you that he is not just a great coach but a great person as well.

burgfan2
Waterboy

Post by burgfan2 »

I believe Coach Woodward was the best candidate for the job, I just hope they didn't make the wrong decision for the football program in the long run. I mean it will look bad on the administration if he leaves in a year or two cause in my mind those people fromthe outside who wanted the job this year won't apply for if that happens because if it was me it just wouldn't seem worth it. that they didn't take a look at any outside candidate before making the decision. I am just looking out for the football program because I have played football for Wheelersburg and loved every bit of it and I don't want it to go down hill like it did for a few years before Coach Lewis got here.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

I dont think they made the wrong decision. I think now that Coach Woodward has the HC job at Burg, he wont leave for GA.

Return to “Football”