Logan 31 Athens 30

ma77ox
Varsity

Re: Logan 31 Athens 30

Post by ma77ox »

Poo Bear wrote:They rolled Meigs last year after they lost almost all starters
Yeah they rolled Meigs last year 27-22 and I think they won it on like the last play.
They beat them 55-7 in 2014.

You know your Logan Football don't ya?

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ma77ox wrote:
Yeah they rolled Meigs last year 27-22 and I think they won it on like the last play.

It was 49-34

They hung 49 on Meigs in a down year

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I was referring to Athens

Keep up man

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Poo Bear wrote:
ma77ox wrote:

It was 49-34

They hung 49 on Meigs in a down year
Athens went 6-4 in their down year and won 6 of their last 7 games.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

And rocked Meigs
That's why Athens is a tvc heavy
So 0-5 Logan winning is a big deal !

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: WK6 Athens 30 @ Logan 31

Post by thebarlowbandit »

traf1 wrote:Should not have put Logan back on the schedule.

Wonder how much they will pay to void the rest of the games on this schedule?

thebarlowbandit
All State

ma77ox wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:Now just excited about my leagues big win over tvc power Athens !
Is ok injury boy ?
Your calling Athens a TVC Power house, where you getting that from? They beat Alexander and Vinton County in the TVC, I don't think that makes them a power house. TVC is an interesting league this year, Only team proving to be a powerhouse is NY, but can you say that since they have just beaten Meigs and River Valley.

In which Meigs and NY both beat Logan.

Says the SUPER YOUTH COACH (if putting "Coach" on the back of your shirt makes you a coach. As happy as I am that Logan beat the original cut and run kings, I bet they take Meigs to the woodshed.

thebarlowbandit
All State

ma77ox wrote:

You'd think this guy would be more worried about the Clown beat down that Meigs too tonight to a league opponent.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:Now just excited about my leagues big win over tvc power Athens !
Is ok injury boy ?
Your calling Athens a TVC Power house, where you getting that from? They beat Alexander and Vinton County in the TVC, I don't think that makes them a power house. TVC is an interesting league this year, Only team proving to be a powerhouse is NY, but can you say that since they have just beaten Meigs and River Valley.

In which Meigs and NY both beat Logan.

Says the SUPER YOUTH COACH (if putting "Coach" on the back of your shirt makes you a coach. As happy as I am that Logan beat the original cut and run kings, I bet they take Meigs to the woodshed.
And there is my internet stalker, Should I post the personal messages you sent me about how much respect you have for me..lol

And no I never had the coach on the back of my shirt and I have never claimed to be a super coach.

Keep on stalking my two faced friend :)

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

This about Logan beating tvc power Athens
0-5 all you TVC guys poked fun at em now they're home celebrating !

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

if Athens goes out and plays the way they did tonight, with no fire, no passion, no enthusiasm - they'll be lucky to finish 7-3.

I never mind losing, even to Logan, so long as the team I'm cheering for plays hard and leaves it all on the line.

I think its 'gut check' time for Athens. Coach Adams needs to make some hard decisions and find out who wants to play the game of football. If you can't or won't fire off the line and hit somebody then maybe he needs to sit those players down, even if they are seniors. I watched EIGHT consecutive plays tonight where one lineman barely made contact with the defender. That is unacceptable. The Bulldogs have a couple 300-pounders, two guys around 250 and another 225. they should be lining up and running over teams, but that simply is not happening. Athens outweighed Logan by 100 pounds at almost every position up front and couldn't move them an inch!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Will Athens beat Meigs next week? Will Athens beat NY week 10? That's what I'm waiting to see.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Athens will roll Meigs
NY I don't think so

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:Will Athens beat Meigs next week? Will Athens beat NY week 10? That's what I'm waiting to see.
I hate to say it, but Meigs is down and hurt, we have no size and we can't stop the run, we just have no size at all. And the bigger kids we do have hasn't had a ton of varsity experience. I keep thinking that we will be okay, we will figure out a way to stop the run, but we can't, every team we face are twice our size and just too powerful.

And with weather like tonight and I'm sure the weeks to come, running that ball is gonna be important, and we can't run it or stop it. Meigs just needs to suck it up, give their best and play from the heart.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Meigs will be bigger than Jackson in 2 weeks

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Poo Bear wrote:Meigs will be bigger than Jackson in 2 weeks
You haven't seen our line or linebackers then, we are small. not one linebacker is over 150lbs maybe one right at 160. And we lost 2 of our biggest players tonight, but for all I know they could be back this coming week.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I'll be rooting for Athens in both, it will give some gauge on how much Logan has improved. Both Logan and Athens played hard tonight. Logan played like a whole different team, but in a rivalry game as the two are and have been for years you couldn't of ask for a better game, but I think I now have nerve damage and no finger nails left. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

ma77ox wrote:
TRENCHFOOT wrote:Will Athens beat Meigs next week? Will Athens beat NY week 10? That's what I'm waiting to see.
I hate to say it, but Meigs is down and hurt, we have no size and we can't stop the run, we just have no size at all. And the bigger kids we do have hasn't had a ton of varsity experience. I keep thinking that we will be okay, we will figure out a way to stop the run, but we can't, every team we face are twice our size and just too powerful.

And with weather like tonight and I'm sure the weeks to come, running that ball is gonna be important, and we can't run it or stop it. Meigs just needs to suck it up, give their best and play from the heart.
Was it raining there tonight? I know you guys have some players hurt. Logan had a couple set out tonight I think with injury. The injury bug is always an awful thing. I hate to see it.

colsoh
Waterboy

Post by colsoh »

There is often so much misinformation on these posts.These are high school players. Yes SE Ohio has produced great and potentially very good college players. In my time Brian Mays , Mike Batrum, Snider of Vinton, Ryan Adams, Kris Kostival, Jay Edwards, Regan Williams, Prather The five Athens fellows now at major universities... Seems like Meigs and Nelsonville will have more guys added to the list. To note no HS player wants to lose they all bust ass 12 months a year. Be kind to all of them and respect their efforts.
How many posting here were HS stars, Played FCS or FBS
college ball?..Either you did or did not.

Truthfully a tough loss for a GREAT Athens program. FACTS are it likely cost them a play off chance. But in sports you dress for battle and you simply may not win each one.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
ma77ox wrote:

Was it raining there tonight? I know you guys have some players hurt. Logan had a couple set out tonight I think with injury. The injury bug is always an awful thing. I hate to see it.
It had spots where it absolutely poured down the rain, surprisingly I think there was maybe only one turnover in the whole ball game. I don't think Meigs threw the ball more then 10 times, and I think maybe one completed pass. But credit to NY because they didn't give our QB anytime to really drop back, was pressured all night and just had to tuck and run.

I have never seen so many injuries hit a team, and the sad thing is, so many of them are Seniors.

Return to “Football”