Logan 31 Athens 30

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Logan 31 Athens 30

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

ma77ox wrote:
TRENCHFOOT wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
I hate to say it, but Meigs is down and hurt, we have no size and we can't stop the run, we just have no size at all. And the bigger kids we do have hasn't had a ton of varsity experience. I keep thinking that we will be okay, we will figure out a way to stop the run, but we can't, every team we face are twice our size and just too powerful.

And with weather like tonight and I'm sure the weeks to come, running that ball is gonna be important, and we can't run it or stop it. Meigs just needs to suck it up, give their best and play from the heart.
Was it raining there tonight? I know you guys have some players hurt. Logan had a couple set out tonight I think with injury. The injury bug is always an awful thing. I hate to see it.
It had spots where it absolutely poured down the rain, surprisingly I think there was maybe only one turnover in the whole ball game. I don't think Meigs threw the ball more then 10 times, and I think maybe one completed pass. But credit to NY because they didn't give our QB anytime to really drop back, was pressured all night and just had to tuck and run.

I have never seen so many injuries hit a team, and the sad thing is, so many of them are Seniors.
Hate to hear that, how many is injured? I know one for Logan was playing with a broken hand, and one setting out with a torn thigh muscle tonight, then I think one got hurt during tonight's game. We got rain earlier in the day but got pretty lucky for the game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:I'll be rooting for Athens in both, it will give some gauge on how much Logan has improved. Both Logan and Athens played hard tonight. Logan played like a whole different team, but in a rivalry game as the two are and have been for years you couldn't of ask for a better game, but I think I now have nerve damage and no finger nails left. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Logan played like it was a rivalry game! Kudos to them.

Athens walked onto the field and treated it like a scrimmage.

So disappointed. Not in the loss, but the effort. One thing coach Adams has done a great job of is instilling pride - and his teams always reflected his personality and work ethic on Friday nights. I have no answer as to why this team hasn't lived up to those kinds of expectations yet.

I personally don't get too hung up on wins and losses - I just want to see the 'Dogs be physical, be tough and match the opposing teams intensity. I loved the (9-1) Vinnie Ryder led team just as much as the Burrow era - because they were tough. Same goes for the (10-0) Mitch Rider and Chris Russell led team. I just don't see any of those characteristics in the 2016 squad. Maybe its there and they just haven't tapped into it yet. But seeing as the season is half over, they need to wake up quick.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Was it raining there tonight? I know you guys have some players hurt. Logan had a couple set out tonight I think with injury. The injury bug is always an awful thing. I hate to see it.
It had spots where it absolutely poured down the rain, surprisingly I think there was maybe only one turnover in the whole ball game. I don't think Meigs threw the ball more then 10 times, and I think maybe one completed pass. But credit to NY because they didn't give our QB anytime to really drop back, was pressured all night and just had to tuck and run.

I have never seen so many injuries hit a team, and the sad thing is, so many of them are Seniors.
Hate to hear that, how many is injured? I know one for Logan was playing with a broken hand, and one setting out with a torn thigh muscle tonight, then I think one got hurt during tonight's game. We got rain earlier in the day but got pretty lucky for the game.
Going into the game tonight we had of course the injury to Bartrum, we had one of our starting Linebackers out, and banged up lineman playing...Then we had 3 linemen, another rb/linebacker and our backup QB/starting safety went out in 2nd qtr....So we lost 3 in first half and they didn't return...And yeah I'm sure people will say "oh he is speaking about injuries" well I'm not saying any names and I'm not saying how long any of them will be out, because I know a few were just banged up and should be back in practice on Monday. Hopefully at least. We have 12 seniors and I think over half of them are out...hate that for the kids.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

93Bulldog wrote:
TRENCHFOOT wrote:I'll be rooting for Athens in both, it will give some gauge on how much Logan has improved. Both Logan and Athens played hard tonight. Logan played like a whole different team, but in a rivalry game as the two are and have been for years you couldn't of ask for a better game, but I think I now have nerve damage and no finger nails left. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Logan played like it was a rivalry game! Kudos to them.

Athens walked onto the field and treated it like a scrimmage.

So disappointed. Not in the loss, but the effort. One thing coach Adams has done a great job of is instilling pride - and his teams always reflected his personality and work ethic on Friday nights. I have no answer as to why this team hasn't lived up to those kinds of expectations yet.

I personally don't get too hung up on wins and losses - I just want to see the 'Dogs be physical, be tough and match the opposing teams intensity. I loved the (9-1) Vinnie Ryder led team just as much as the Burrow era - because they were tough. Same goes for the (10-0) Mitch Rider and Chris Russell led team. I just don't see any of those characteristics in the 2016 squad. Maybe its there and they just haven't tapped into it yet. But seeing as the season is half over, they need to wake up quick.
Athens has some big and tall stout looking boys again. What are them boys eating down there? :) How do ya think they will do for the rest of their schedule 93Bulldog?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Big doesn't mean anything. Athens was much smaller than most of the teams they played in the playoffs from 2012-2014. I'll take a tough 195 pound kid over a 300 pound player who doesn't hustle, every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Athens COULD still finish 8-2 if they WANT to.

They could also end up 6-4 if they choose to go through the motions.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

ma77ox wrote:
TRENCHFOOT wrote:
ma77ox wrote:

Going into the game tonight we had of course the injury to Bartrum, we had one of our starting Linebackers out, and banged up lineman playing...Then we had 3 linemen, another rb/linebacker and our backup QB/starting safety went out in 2nd qtr....So we lost 3 in first half and they didn't return...And yeah I'm sure people will say "oh he is speaking about injuries" well I'm not saying any names and I'm not saying how long any of them will be out, because I know a few were just banged up and should be back in practice on Monday. Hopefully at least. We have 12 seniors and I think over half of them are out...hate that for the kids.
Wow, I didn't know you had that many hurt, I hate to hear that. Won't hear me say anything about injuries/record, they are awful and will hurt a teams performance and I hate it for the kids as well. Maybe some of them guys will be back and finish out pretty strong for Meigs.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

93Bulldog wrote:Big doesn't mean anything. Athens was much smaller than most of the teams they played in the playoffs from 2012-2014. I'll take a tough 195 pound kid over a 300 pound player who doesn't hustle, every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Athens COULD still finish 8-2 if they WANT to.

They could also end up 6-4 if they choose to go through the motions.
I agree but I like the big tall tight ends and big linebackers with some speed all day long. What does Athens O line average per man? D line per man? You guys have some decent size in other areas too. QB is perfect size. I think the dogs will do well the rest of the way as well.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Gotta agree with dog! Sometimes people read too much into size esp. along the lines.Logan's offensive line is pretty good sized themselves and they have been dominated most the year,we will see how much they have improved next week.Logans line in 2000 was pretty small averaging around 200 lbs and they fared pretty well.Size don't do ya any good if you don't have some speed and killer instinct to go with it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:Gotta agree with dog! Sometimes people read too much into size esp. along the lines.Logan's offensive line is pretty good sized themselves and they have been dominated most the year,we will see how much they have improved next week.Logans line in 2000 was pretty small averaging around 200 lbs and they fared pretty well.Size don't do ya any good if you don't have some speed and killer instinct to go with it.
Agree. But if you got the big-uns with all the above as the smaller guys, the littler guys could be in trouble. High School ball you don't see a lot of that though.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

TRENCHFOOT wrote:Will Athens beat Meigs next week? Will Athens beat NY week 10? That's what I'm waiting to see.
Yes

No

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Can someone this morning go wake Paladin up please.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Dandy Don wrote:Can someone this morning go wake Paladin up please.

Wake up Raider while you are at it. Maybe even call for a safety check.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OH SNAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I LIKED TO LAID AN EGG WHEN I SAW THIS ON THE COLUMBUS NEWS LAST NIGHT. THE CHEIFTAINS JUST FIRED THE SHOT HEARD AROUND SOUTHERN OHIO AS THEY BEAT FORMER SEOAL MEMBER THE ATHENS BULLDOGS.
HOPEFULLY THE CHIEFS CAN GET BACK ON TRACK AND FINISH STRONG FOR NEXT YEAR.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

After spending about 30 minutes on joeeitel this morning - the loss to Logan hurts now, but its really going to sting Sunday morning after week 10. (if Athens were to somehow win out.)

Ugh

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Hey 93, i may be 2old to enjoy this but " Athens meet your new boss, just like your old boss". There have been some great games in this series. Strangely the Chiefs end up the victors.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

toldya wrote:Hey 93, i may be 2old to enjoy this but " Athens meet your new boss, just like your old boss". There have been some great games in this series. Strangely the Chiefs end up the victors.
Its such a treat knowing I get to hear about this game for the next 364 days ... or shall I say next 10 years ... or wait, it will probably get mentioned along with the 2003 and 2004 games for the rest of my life ... greeeeeeeeat.

:mrgreen:

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

This was a great much needed win for the "Chiefs" ( players , coach and fans ) . The Bulldogs will bounce back and be a real factor in the TVC. Games like this makes a good topic for discussion and shows that High School Sports are special. Especially special in Southeast Ohio and where we all can express our opinions about our favorite teams or our least favorable teams on SEOP. Good Luck to the Chiefs and the Bulldogs the rest of the year. Go Chiefs!!!!!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

93Bulldog wrote:After spending about 30 minutes on joeeitel this morning - the loss to Logan hurts now, but its really going to sting Sunday morning after week 10. (if Athens were to somehow win out.)

Ugh
Doesn't really matter for the playoffs since Logan would have been a 1 win team. Dropped Athens from 20 average to 19 for a win out. 7-3 will not cut it this year for Region 11

Athens has to beat NY or out
Jackson has to beat Winton Woods or out.
Miami Trace has to beat Wilmington or out
Marietta and Independence will drop out
Sheridan has to beat Philo or out
Eastmoor has three hard games coming up
Beechcroft has to beat Northland or out

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:After spending about 30 minutes on joeeitel this morning - the loss to Logan hurts now, but its really going to sting Sunday morning after week 10. (if Athens were to somehow win out.)

Ugh
Doesn't really matter for the playoffs since Logan would have been a 1 win team. Dropped Athens from 20 average to 19 for a win out. 7-3 will not cut it this year for Region 11

The loss to chilly will haunt Jackson . That's ahsame I think Jackson is the best of the bubble teams

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Raider6309 wrote:

Ugh

Looks like Region 11 may only have Chillicothe in then as far a SE Ohio team? Assuming Athens loses to NY and Jackson to WW?

Logan plays Jackson next week or in two weeks I think so we will see if Logan has flipped this season around or not.

Return to “Football”