KCU Committs (local players)

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: KCU Committs (local players)

Post by Tartanblue »

If Caudil does go to a D2-D3 school it will be good. I haven't heard anything about Bradford or even a lot about Bailey other than that Pikeville was interested in him. If he would go to Pikeville I believe KCU and Pikeville play this coming season.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

they should cal them KCU, of Portsmouth :mrgreen:

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

They are also getting quality players from Jackson High School. Greg James, Koty Bowling and William Tomblin.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

thats enough local talent for me, I know I will def. be going to see some of their games.

I know of 3 or 4 Portsmouth players they was after petty hard, but not sure if they went somewhere else to play as of yet.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

From the look of their roster they are not just getting kids from this area. But they are also getting transfers from Morehead and I believe one from Marshall.

Also hearing the Bailey could end up there now.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

What type of offense do they run? I did not see any tight ends on their roster.

tartan65_08
Waterboy

Post by tartan65_08 »

They run spread 4-5 wide every time and they run with no huddle

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

tartan65_08 wrote:They run spread 4-5 wide every time and they run with no huddle

Sounds like they are not much in need of TEs then, huh?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Is this there first year on the field or second?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Last year they was their first year of JV this year will be their first year of a Varsity schedule. They ended last season with a win. The 2008 schedule looks like this

Aug 30, 2008
University of Virginia
Wise Home
1:30pm
Sep 6, 2008
Kentucky Wesleyan College
KCU
Sep 13, 2008
@Bethany College
Bethany College
Sep 27, 2008
Pikeville College
KCU
Oct 9, 2008
@Georgetown College
Georgetown College
7:30
Oct 18, 2008
Trinity Bible College
KCU
Oct 25, 2008
Faulkner University
KCU
Nov 1, 2008
@Southern Virginia University
Southern Virginia University
Nov 8, 2008
@Cumberland University
Cumberland University
Nov 15, 2008
Tri-State University
KCU

They will be begin NAIA in a year or two.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

[quote="Tartanblue"]From the look of their roster they are not just getting kids from this area. But they are also getting transfers from Morehead and I believe one from Marshall.

Also hearing the Bailey could end up there now.[/quote]

must be, because Shane Porter turned them down :mrgreen:

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

When schools like this start up a new program it's always appealing to the local talent b/c there's no "established" starters and in a young kids eyes, they have a very good chance of playing right away. I remember when I was a JR in HS Urbana started a FB program. It was the same way.Boatloads of kids from Central OH were signing up.As for KCU, they have some good teams on their schedule. Georgetown is always pretty good. Great NAIA program w/ a few national championships I believe. Bethany, a D3 school from outside of Wheeling is getting better. KY Wesleyan is D2 I think.b/c West Lib played them.They beat them pretty good. UVA-Wise has been known to have some pretty good teams. We played thyem at West Lib in the early 2000's and they were always tough then. They have a very nice turf field that sits in a valley like a big bowl.They used to be called Clinch Valley.
I'm sure they'll take some butt whoopins the first few years, but thats pretty much expecdted.The schools they play have been fielding teams for several years and I know most of them,like Georgetown have loads of scholarship $$$.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

biggdowgg wrote:
Tartanblue wrote:From the look of their roster they are not just getting kids from this area. But they are also getting transfers from Morehead and I believe one from Marshall.

That or he wants to help build a program :122245

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

and now he has a chance to do that, Shane isnt in his way...... :mrgreen: 'again"

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Add QB Beau Dailey from Zane Trace to the list of signees. Good Luck Beau!

Pikealum27
Waterboy

Post by Pikealum27 »

well this is looking like it just may turn into a solid team here in a couple years if KCU can keep there hands in the talent that a lot of time goes unnoticed in southern ohio...

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Nice article in the Daily Times about the 4 players from Portsmouth going down to KCU.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:Who is KCU?

They were Kentucky Christian College (KCC) Knights....

Is there any scholarship money available yet????

I doubt it since this will be their first full year and schedule....

Anyway, good luck to everyone....

I'll be down to Grayson, Ky. to catch a couple of games....

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

biggdowgg wrote:and now he has a chance to do that, Shane isnt in his way...... :mrgreen: 'again"

What is that suppose to mean? Throwing that kind of remark out there about a kid!

biggdowgg wrote:
Tartanblue wrote:From the look of their roster they are not just getting kids from this area. But they are also getting transfers from Morehead and I believe one from Marshall.

Sounds like there may be some kind of ill-feelings towards the Bailey kid; Why else would one make these kinds of ruinous or harmful remarks about a kid!

Now it appears that not only will you take pot-shots at the school, coaches and "discipline" measures; you have lowered to making remarks about kids from this school! What will be your next abusive comment; maybe about dress code; or how you are not allowed to wear backpacks in school, (obviously a measure that every school takes to ensure the safety of kids and staff)! Or how intrusive maybe the surveilance cameras are in monitoring the hallways!

If you have so many complaints and dislikes about this school or its staff and even with some of the kids for crying out loud! You could always enroll them in the substandard academic school district in Portsmouth! And I'm not speaking of the "parochial" school!

Note: The comment I made about substandard academic school district in Portsmouth! That is a proven FACT! Not a personal opinion!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

OK, I should have never posted on the matter "even though it was a joke" thats why the :mrgreen: was there....but still wrong,,I appoligiez,,,Im sorry.

I honestly meant nothing by it,,,,Bailey is a great great athelte and was a big part of why East has had the success they have had since he has been there,ANY school would have been lucky to have him,,,I got caught up in having some fun with someone else, and did not realize how it looked..again ..I am sorry for it.

the dress codes are different in ALL schools ,and the back back thing was only brought up because it was given to them at school,,why give them to them, if they are not allowed to have them at the school.

I have no Ideal where any cameras are in the school.....

it is my sons choice to go to East, he loves the school, and all of his teachers up there, he is 17 years old,and old enough to make that decision "my opinion'

Like I said on the other thread, there was only one person that done me wrong "and I will not discuss it"...to EVERYONE ELSE, ESP., "Coach Davis" he was obviously the man for East,,cant argue with what he has done......I am sorry!

Return to “Football”