2008 Wheelersburg Pirates Football

burgtown2008
Riding the Bench

Re: 2008 Wheelersburg Pirates Football

Post by burgtown2008 »

Riepo man, I guess you missed my point on playing much bigger teams, yes injuries can and do happen even in pratice. My point was with 35 players on the team injuries come into play, if you don't have the position depth to draw from, If your 3 deep at critical positions you can stand a bigger degree of injuries. With 35 or so players a couple of key injuries can and will effect the teams chances of being successful.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

burgtown2008 wrote:Riepo man, I guess you missed my point on playing much bigger teams, yes injuries can and do happen even in pratice. My point was with 35 players on the team injuries come into play, if you don't have the position depth to draw from, If your 3 deep at critical positions you can stand a bigger degree of injuries. With 35 or so players a couple of key injuries can and will effect the teams chances of being successful.

Thats what has happened to Minford the last few years. They seemed to avoid the injury bug this year except for a huge loss at the begining of the year to their tenacious o-lineman Jenkins. But other than that, not to many injuries plagued the team. And the result was the first playoff apperance since 2003. But, in that 5 year span Minford had alot of talent on their teams but, most of the talent was on the bench injured. Injuries can kill a teams chances.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Maybe they should toughin up!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The Riepo Man wrote:Maybe they should toughin up!

I don't think there is anything wrong with the toughnes of the Burg, just ask Johnson Central last year. There coach admitted the next week after they lost that the Burg game the week before really took its toll on his team and they were just physically beat up going in to the next weeks game.

I am glad that the Burg is picking up local teams. Makes it easier to travel and see them. I have a father that is 72 years old and there is no way he could have made that trip to St. Clairsville to watch the Pirates, which is something he loves to do and I'm sure he is not the only person that wasn't able to make that trip. This upcoming season the farthest away games are South Point and Waverly. Only about a 30-45 minute drive for either one. A whole lot different then a 3 1/2-4 hr drive to St. Clairsville, plus the two teams they picked up, Greenup and Rock Hill have the potential to win anywhere from 5-9 games a year, with Greenup being a computer hog game since they are the equivalent of a D I or II school, if the Burg beats them.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

with the pirates hoops season over it's now time to talked about football. new coach 2 new teams on the schedule with rock hill and greenup co ky. let's get some thoughts on the 2008 season

Week 1 - Ironton (home)
Week 2 - South Point (away)
Week 3 - Portsmouth (home)
Week 4 - Rock Hill (home)
Week 5 - Greenup Co (away)
Week 6 - Valley (away)
Week 7 - Minford (home)
Week 8 - Northwest (home)
Week 9 - Waverly (away)
Week 10 - West (away)

Wheres the Cal Preps prediction Dog? Your slipping!!!!!!!

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
The Riepo Man wrote:Maybe they should toughin up!

I don't think there is anything wrong with the toughnes of the Burg, just ask Johnson Central last year. There coach admitted the next week after they lost that the Burg game the week before really took its toll on his team and they were just physically beat up going in to the next weeks game.

I am glad that the Burg is picking up local teams. Makes it easier to travel and see them. I have a father that is 72 years old and there is no way he could have made that trip to St. Clairsville to watch the Pirates, which is something he loves to do and I'm sure he is not the only person that wasn't able to make that trip. This upcoming season the farthest away games are South Point and Waverly. Only about a 30-45 minute drive for either one. A whole lot different then a 3 1/2-4 hr drive to St. Clairsville, plus the two teams they picked up, Greenup and Rock Hill have the potential to win anywhere from 5-9 games a year, with Greenup being a computer hog game since they are the equivalent of a D I or II school, if the Burg beats them.

When I said they, I was referring to another team...trust me I know how tough we were. We showed JC what the Pirate D and I could dish out.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Kind of off topic but, who is going to be on Coach Woodward's staff next year? Heard there would be some changes.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

winchell wrote:Kind of off topic but, who is going to be on Coach Woodward's staff next year? Heard there would be some changes.

I dont think he has met with the other coaches to discuss who wants to stay or who he may add

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Tobias wrote:
Yeah, Kentucky football is a joke, isn't it?????

:shock:

yeah those guys from Johnson Central were horrible. :roll: :roll:

Thats about a stupid comment! All states have powder puff schools. There may not be many KY schools in this area that are GREAT but to say KY football is a joke is really showing your intelligence

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Mad_Dogg wrote:with the pirates hoops season over it's now time to talked about football. new coach 2 new teams on the schedule with rock hill and greenup co ky. let's get some thoughts on the 2008 season

Week 1 - Ironton (home)
Week 6 - Valley (away)
Week 7 - Minford (home)
Week 9 - Waverly (away)
Week 10 - West (away)

1. W
2. W
3. W
4. W
5. W
6. W
7. ??? Don't know yet always iffy
8. W
9. W
10. ?? Again iffy, I heard they're really good this year? thats hearsay though!

To commit I'd say 8-2 maybe maybe 7-3 but i doubt it!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Neutron Man, I beleive Tobias was being sarcastic in his statement.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Neutron Man wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:with the pirates hoops season over it's now time to talked about football. new coach 2 new teams on the schedule with rock hill and greenup co ky. let's get some thoughts on the 2008 season

Week 1 - Ironton (home)
Week 6 - Valley (away)
Week 7 - Minford (home)
Week 9 - Waverly (away)
Week 10 - West (away)

1. W
2. W
3. W
4. W
5. W
6. W
8. W
9. W

Just curious, what 3 teams do you see the Pirates losing to?

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:

Week 1 - Ironton (home)
Week 6 - Valley (away)
Week 7 - Minford (home)
Week 9 - Waverly (away)
Week 10 - West (away)

1. W
2. W
3. W
4. W
5. W
6. W
8. W
9. W

Just curious, what 3 teams do you see the Pirates losing to?

well "IF" the 2 games i have marked as ??? turns out to be losses that would be 2, and WORST case scenario I would say Ironton.

But its EARLY and I really havent heard any news outta Minford or west so i really don't know SO yeah Burg could go 10-0 just don't know.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Tobias wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Neutron Man, I beleive Tobias was being sarcastic in his statement.

:mrgreen:

Wheelersburg should have no trouble with Greenup County.

Wheelersburg has never lost to Greenup County.

I agree there but It sounded like you were speaking seriously to me thats why I reacted that way. If it would've been sarcasm we would've seen one of those goofy laughing faces i'm sure.

Anyways no big deal

whspirate
Waterboy

Post by whspirate »

I heard today that Eaton, Tilley, and Gill are not coaching next year because of jobs and family. It looks like there will be a lot less coaches on the sidelines in 2008. It is probably not a bad thing.
I am excited to see the changes that are made and I will support the Pirates both staff and players like always!
Good luck in 2008!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

the problem hasn't been to many coaches on the sideline, it's been to many in the stands. If those 3 choose not to return it will not be a good thing. losing lewis, gill, eaton and tilley in 1 yr is a big loss.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

heard today he is bringing someone in from cinncy area to coach. yes, that is alot of good coaches to lose at on time. 8)

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

the burg will have no problem with the hill but put a ? mark behind that first game :122245

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

tl895 wrote:the burg will have no problem with the hill but put a ? mark behind that first game :122245

Might want to put a HUGE question mark behind that first game.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FalconFan wrote:
tl895 wrote:the burg will have no problem with the hill but put a ? mark behind that first game :122245

Might want to put a HUGE question mark behind that first game.

And you might want to go ahead and put an "L" beside Minfords 7th game of the season.

Return to “Football”