river valley 2012

Mightymanchamp
Waterboy

river valley 2012

Post by Mightymanchamp »

i heard that they had 80 some kids signed up about 20 to 25 will be seniors next yeart

sandman
Freshman Team

Re: river valley 2012

Post by sandman »

That is fantastic news! It sounds as though they might be getting an early start. Are they lifting anywhere?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

In my conversations with Coach Sparling, he has come across as very organized and enthusiastic. The coaches who are work with him seem to enjoy being there.

The Raiders will continue to improve.

Mightymanchamp
Waterboy

Post by Mightymanchamp »

they will be much improved from last year

Mightymanchamp
Waterboy

Post by Mightymanchamp »

they hve had 52 different kids show up to weightlifting this past week with about 35 each day. a lot of the others play other sports right now so they cant lift with the football team

Mightymanchamp
Waterboy

Post by Mightymanchamp »

go raiders

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I really hope things go well for this group.

Mightymanchamp
Waterboy

Post by Mightymanchamp »

ive heard nothing but good things

Mightymanchamp
Waterboy

Post by Mightymanchamp »

Anybody no possible roster grade weight height

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

I do know for a fact that the football coach is a "legend in his own mind".

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

sportslifelove wrote:I do know for a fact that the football coach is a "legend in his own mind".
Nonsense. I've never met a more humble, down to earth guy in my life. He knows what he knows, and admits to knowing it. There's no sin in that.

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

wildthingRV wrote:
sportslifelove wrote:I do know for a fact that the football coach is a "legend in his own mind".
Nonsense. I've never met a more humble, down to earth guy in my life. He knows what he knows, and admits to knowing it. There's no sin in that.
roflmfao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Perhaps some of his swagger (If it does exist) will transfer to the team. They will need all of the confidence they can get during a building period.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

wildthingrv --

Don't you know that coaches aren't allowed to be confident because being confident gets them automatically labeled as COCKY!

Good hunting out there Raiders, in all sports, until you play the trees from the little Welsh village.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

It has been a long time since any RV news has been on here. Are there a lot of prospects in the chute? How is weightlifting and what is the situation with the new field? I see that they have started mowing the old field again and was wondering if that was a sign that the new one was not going to be ready.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Personally, I would advise Coach Sparling and staff to be careful. If they improve too fast and actually win some games in the TVC, they will be shown the door.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

I heard the rumor that RV will join the Ohio instead of Hocking. This was due to Wahama supposedly getting kicked out. If this is true I doubt they will improve too fast when they would have to play in the bigger division.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Its too bad for RV becuase they could probly have made a case for getting in the hocking (aka WFCIO) if Wahama were allowed to stay.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Tubby wrote:I heard the rumor that RV will join the Ohio instead of Hocking. This was due to Wahama supposedly getting kicked out. If this is true I doubt they will improve too fast when they would have to play in the bigger division.
River Valley is D-4. They should have to compete in the Ohio. It's really what they want anyway. It's time for them rondeau it up in all sports and build programs. They're nit a small school for this area. Being in the Hocking with schools half their size would have been pathetic, even though teams like Trimble and Wahama are top notch and can beat most teams they play in our area despite their size.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

That is the plan for them to be in the Ohio just not from day one. All the schools agreed to it except for our wonderful Superintendent.

Return to “Football”