All State

Re: RIVER VALLEY FOOTBALL OR SOCCER

Post by theassassin »

virginia? tennessee? kentucky? indiana?

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

I hear they have some out of state applicants. This sends a red flag up to me unless a person has ties to this area, why would they come to Cheshire to coach? This sounds like someone who has no hope of getting a job in their own area. GA did this about 10 years ago and look how that worked out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Something that has surprised me is that none of the coaches at River Valley have ever used the double-wing. It has its way of leveling the playing field.
And maybe even running the rocket sweep. You don't even have to block anyone inside of about a 7-technique and your running back doesn't have to be a fast back (seeing as he gets a 5 yard running head start.)

10mike
Riding the Bench

Post by 10mike »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Is the top candidate from Virginia? Looks like maybe they want a complet fresh start for the program! 8)

Out of state applicants? Virginia? Who might this mystery man be?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Maybe someone could contact Larry Blackstone, he has built many a programs up. Jeff Conroy is free-RV has tried to get him before.

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

I still say its time to bring in SOCCER. No coach for football, then lets kick some soccer. Lets face up to the piper. If the administration doesnt think that any local applicants would care about the raiders then why would someoutsider care. STEPPING STONE

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

It sounds like the situation at River Valley is pretty bad. But, what makes people think that if they just drop football then they will be able to have a soccer team. Yes, soccer would be cheaper to fund but, in order to have soccer, or any sport for that matter, there has to be an interest from the kids to play. Good luck to River Valley on the current situation and hopefully the best choice is made for the kids.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Someone without local ties who comes in from way out of state will certainly use RV as a way up the coaching ladder.

Of course, Rich Rodriguez was a local guy in Morgantown, so even hiring a local guy is no guarantee. LOL

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Does this out of town guy already have a teaching position?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Hey boog,

do you think that anybody on here knows what the heck they are talking about?

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

This school system has completely laid an egg on this one. I'm sure ther will be some people leaving this so called program/zoo.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Maybe no one knows anything and all comments have been wrong. Only time will tell!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Maybe Monday at the board meeting?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Communist plot to take over America!

NO SOCCER!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ only a smiley face , keeps this post from being perfect, my friend. i'll help. :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5 :aaaaa5

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Capt. Jack! I heard your the Virginia man!!! ;-)

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

Did they hire a football coach or a soccer coach? Hopefully they go to soccer finally. Soccer is growing in the USA and lots of scholarships are out there for soccer players.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

do think rvhs can compete in a soccer league :?:

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

The great thing about this situation is that regardless of who gets the job, he only has to win 2 games this year to improve the program by 100%. It may happen that improvement will come in small increments.

Let's get behind the program and the new coach whoever it may be. It is a clean slate and it is up to the greater school community to help the team improve. Whatever is left is where he will start regardless of who leaves or stays. All of the area is watching with anticipation and there is always that element that hopes for failure so they can say "I told you so". Success at RV is overdue. The players are there, they just need that leader that will head them down the path of improvement.

Most of the names that are being thrown around are capable of taking on the challenge. The greatest hurdle will be the mindset remaining from the past problems. The Board has to speed up the process and take the first step. Once done, we all need to get on the wagon. Most people do not enjoy seeing a man beaten once he is down, like this program has been. Just as in a failing business, a carefully laid out and executed plan could revive this team if the coach is given the go-ahead to do so.

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

sandman, but if they have soccer the chances of being 100% better is real good. All they have to do is win one game. You said the players are there so you must not be a coach or a neutral person (probably a parent). You need players who are athletes. Bodies dont count. 3 or 4 athletes on a team doesnt make a successful program.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I am not a coach, teacher or employee of the school nor do I have a child or relative playing any longer. I am however very familiar with many of the individual players on the team and in the school.

I think that at the beginning of each school year, most schools wake up with basically the same raw material to draw upon. Occasionally one school or another may have that top 10 athlete and some schools have built a reputation that allows them to recruit better players, but all in all the stock is similar. What differs is how they recruit, develop, support and maintain them. I have been a supporter of the program for about 10 years and they have not been without athletes.

Regardless of what is posted here they also have not been coached in a manner that would yield the results they have produced. As I have said before, both Carter and Deel probably would have won more games at a different school. It is very hard to put your finger on the problem. I certainly cannot or I would be the coach.

I still maintain that recovery will involve a complete revamping of the system and its thinking from the administration down to the team managers. It can be done but it will take much effort and devotion from the new coach. Probably the most important value that the new coach will need to burn into the minds of the players is that success is not measured by how little you lose.

Return to “Football”