RIVER VALLEY FOOTBALL OR SOCCER

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: RIVER VALLEY FOOTBALL OR SOCCER

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Sandman-very good post as usual! You have very good insight into the program. I wish the Raiders and there faithful only the best. It would be great if sometime in the future all three football playing schools in Gallia County would be in the playoffs.

You're Tiger Bait-I have to give credit for "Soccer is a communist plot to take over America" to a former Blue Devil Football Coach. It is a classic for sure and will never forget it and have to agree with it but can not take credit for it but wish I could! 8)

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

But people from the outside measure success by how many you lose or by how many you win. Putting soccer at river valley instead of football would give people a chance to calm down on football. Several young athletes play soccer and are very good. LETS TRY SOCCER.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

are you serious soccer over football :?: who would go for that :?:

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I was not clear on what I meant. You cannot, in every instance, measure success by how few points you lose the game. Life is a game of W's and L's. For most of us, to survive, we need more of the former than the latter.

When these student/athletes get out in the after'school world, they have to understand that there are certain things that have to happen in order to make it. No one will be there to tell you it is "all right" when it really is not. Athletics at its core most likely originated to simulate and train for warfare conditions and that is a setting where you need to succeed 51% of the time. That is why they keep score.
Last edited by sandman on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Very well put, sandman.

If there is no value put upon winning, if "you did your best" is the common refrain, most folks in this world will not take the extra steps needed to secure the wins in life.

A person who doesn't fear losing, at least on some level, isn't driven very hard to win.

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

Finally!!!Thank goodness. Soccer is a possibility at RV.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

bfan: I hope that you have not drawn that conclusion from my posts. If so, nothing is further from the truth. I have never even watched a soccer game on TV and I would NOT be in support of establishing it at RV.

I think they had better concentrate on the task at hand rather than open a new can of worms. Whether soccer fans like it or not, this is Football / Basketball country. Both of which could use work at RVHS. If you do not believe it, simply ask to see the gate proceeds from each sport, whether the teams are winning or not.

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

Perhaps it is going to be provided along with football, Im not sure. I know it can survive only if people give it a chance.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

:aaaaa75 :aaaaa90

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Soccer !!! know way!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

enough interested people could force it down your throat. i could almost guarantee gahs wasnt a volunteer soccer program :lol:

Return to “Football”