Athens 62 Meigs 46

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Re: WK7 Athens (4-2, 2-0) @ Meigs (3-3, 1-2)

Post by SportsRule »

This will be a good one. Go Bulldogs!!!

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

Bird dogs 40
Rt 7-13

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Meigs not good athens big if they want.remember best meigs team in 20 yrs lol.

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

No chance of ruining both Jackson is going to stomp meigs.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Please everyone just ignore ironman99, he is a broken record just looking for attention.

It's Game Day.

GO MEIGS!!!

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Bighitsinc wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:Next 2 weeks Meigs has a chance to ruin playoff spots for both teams....sure be great if they pulled off the upsets.
Yea riiiiiight, just like last week I suppose. :lol:

Soooooo,
How did that work out for ya?

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

Was there a defense on the field?

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Nope

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

For once I have nothing to say very disappointed in some decision making tonight.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
MeyerSpread
JV Team

Re: Athens 62 Meigs 46

Post by MeyerSpread »

Sounds like A lot of offense! Would have been a fun game to watch. Meigs is proving they can still compete dispite multiple injuries, I am not giving up on them yet!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

With this win, Athens head coach Ryan Adams tied Don Eskey with most wins in school history 77 wins

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

ma77ox wrote:For once I have nothing to say very disappointed in some decision making tonight.

Shocking, another week and yet another backhanded stab at the coaches! You could congratulate Athens on a hard fought and what had to be entertaining, and just leave it alone. But nope, you cannot go a game with out criticizing tour own coaches and you simply refuse week in and week out to give the opponent credit. SAD,

Athens, nice job on the win, way to play hard. Meigs, keep your heads up, way to battle last night.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
ma77ox wrote:For once I have nothing to say very disappointed in some decision making tonight.

Shocking, another week and yet another backhanded stab at the coaches! You could congratulate Athens on a hard fought and what had to be entertaining, and just leave it alone. But nope, you cannot go a game with out criticizing tour own coaches and you simply refuse week in and week out to give the opponent credit. SAD,

Athens, nice job on the win, way to play hard. Meigs, keep your heads up, way to battle last night.
Sorry, have to agree with Ma77ox on this one, horrible coaching by the meigs staff tonight, refusing to change man to man coverage when getting beat deep. Before half time with a little over a minute to go instead of trying to take time off clock and go in at halftime with a lead knowing athens getting the ball back at half, you give them the ball and they score wit 30some seconds left. That's horrible coaching.

using 2 timeouts in the 3rd quarter, one right after the break in the 3rd. use a running attack most of 3rd and 4th quarter when down by 3 scores and the clock isn't on your side.

Yes kids, way to battle, coaches not a good job at all.

Oh and all praises to Athens coaching staff on making adjustments and changing the defense that when Meigs went deep the corners had help the whole 2nd half, sometimes having 3 around the ball when thrown deep. Making meigs run and have to eat clock. Very smart coaching and the boys done what they were asked.
Last edited by tvc_fan on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

ma77ox wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
Ironman99 wrote:

Meigs is a perfect example of that Wilford and bartrum and Alexa
You need to stop bashing the Meigs coaching staff. Consider this your verbal warning. The boss is getting tired of it.
And this is why I catch heck on here because of idiots like Ironman99...and this will be all I say on this.

Bartrum, Wilford or Alexa may not get the Wins, but they LOVE the kids they Coach, they will bend over backwords for any of them. They give them many gifts, I print them many t-shirts that they take out of their own pocket for them boys. They have the team go to grade schools and talk with kids, they go to nursing homes, hospitals.

Do I like some of their decisions and play-calling on the field...No, not all the time...Do I say this person should be playing or this play should be called...Yes I sure do, but then I realize, I'm not at every practice, I don't see if maybe a kid isn't putting all he has in at practice.

I have been sick of you bashing Meigs Coaching staff and saying our kids are nothing. Thank You for seeing this Orange And Brown, hopefully he will hold his negativity to himself, although you can't fix his kind of stupidity.
I think I explained here how I feel about the coaching...and like said in here, sometimes I don't agree with their decisions.

Thanks for showing your love once again bandit.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

tvc_fan wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

Sorry, have to agree with Ma77ox on this one, horrible coaching by the meigs staff tonight, refusing to change man to man coverage when getting beat deep. Before half time with a little over a minute to go instead of trying to take time off clock and go in at halftime with a lead knowing athens getting the ball back at half, you give them the ball and they score wit 30some seconds left. That's horrible coaching.

using 2 timeouts in the 3rd quarter, one right after the break in the 3rd. use a running attack most of 3rd and 4th quarter when down by 3 scores and the clock isn't on your side.

Yes kids, way to battle, coaches not a good job at all.

Oh and all praises to Athens coaching staff on making adjustments and changing the defense that when Meigs went deep the corners had help the whole 2nd half, sometimes having 3 around the ball when thrown deep. Making meigs run and have to eat clock. Very smart coaching and the boys done what they were asked.
Thanks, but that wasn't the decision makings I was talking about.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This one had to be fun to have been there.

Congrats Athens on the win.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

After watching the replay, the officiating was questionable..... Oh My!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

They are going to pass and run all over meigs

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I find it annoying that two accounts are Ironman and SouthernFan and they do not post any on Jackson or Southern post and are always negative towards Meigs. Change your name's to MeigsHaters or whatever else you want to be but stop making Jackson and Southern look bad because your attempt to make anyone believe you are affiliated with either school is not working.

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

You obviously don't have a clue I post every where but have more drama to post about on meigs post. you on the other hand have not done your homework because I post on every Jackson post and I find your suction very annoying

Return to “Football”