Weight room turn out

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Re: Weight room turn out

Post by Axe N Shield »

Yesterday the weightroom during the last period of the day. Which is the period for weight training; had just about every football player with the exception of a few and the 8th graders. Incoming freshman lift after school.

Coach Hall was present all day yesterday and was making some changes to the weightroom; including moving his office out into the weightroom. During the meeting, he explained to the players what he expected of the players while in the weightroom and some team rules as well.

Sounds like we are off to a great start!

The Axe N Shield; Defends Our Field!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Minford is having their second annual Lift-A-Thon on May 23rd. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and there will be a good turnout like last year. Overall, look for this team to be stronger than last year's team. The boys have been working hard over the winter, so come out and show your support.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

How many football players does Minford have on their team? Are the 90-100 lifting part of their Lifting team? Does that number maybe include any female athletes? Kudos to Minford if they have near 100 kids coming our for football. Not trying to say it's not possible, but for a small town to have that many kids is impressive...

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

55Buckeyes98 wrote:How many football players does Minford have on their team? Are the 90-100 lifting part of their Lifting team?

They are nowhere near 90-100 kids lifting. It is probably closer to 60-70. I would expect they will have the same amount on their football team.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

60 to 70 is pretty good... that's about what Johnstown-Monroe should have next year as well! Good Luck... hope to see you make the playoffs again this year!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Minford had around 57 at the lift-a-thon tonight. The numbers on bench, deadlift, etc. confirmed what has been said here and on "the other site" all off-season. This team is STRONG! VERY STRONG!

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

How did that go? I was not able to make it to the Lift-a-Thon. :(

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

GrumpyOldFish wrote:How did that go? I was not able to make it to the Lift-a-Thon. :(

It appeared to go well, but the crowd was down a good bit from last year. Hopefully it was because the weather kept threatening rain. I heard a lot of people talking that this is by far the strongest team Minford has had in years, and maybe the strongest they have ever had. Several kids benched over 300 pounds, which is amazing considering 2 years ago the only had 1 or 2 players benching over 250. Looking at potential starters, I don't think any of them benched under 250 except for maybe 1 or 2. There were some impressive numbers on hexbar deadlift with 3 or 4 deadlifting over 600 pounds.

It is time to start getting excited for FOOTBALL!!!

Return to “Football”