2008 Oak Hill Oaks Football Schedule

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: 2008 Oak Hill Oaks Football Schedule

Post by Tartanblue »

Derf_W wrote:
Axe N Shield wrote:I think that East would beat Minford this year too!

All I have to say about East and Minford is Coal Grove. East screwed our Seniors out of a game and a chance to get into the playoffs last year. Minford has handled Coal Grove the past two years. East was beat by 48 points by Coal Grove, embarrassed, and then weaseled their way out of not playing Coal Grove and scheduled a team from WV at the last minute. So Minford not only plays Coal Grove, but beat Coal Grove who is a team the beat East by 48 points.

Hate to get off topic....but it seems to me the folks from Coal Grove didn't have a problem getting East of the schedule when they went 4-6 and 5-5 because it cost them second level points and how they wished they would have scheduled someone who would have won more games to get them in the playoffs. Now they take them off and win more games and all of a sudden they screwed them out of the playoffs now too because they didn't play..... :roll: Sounds to me how ever it went East screwed you out of the playoffs playing them or not......

The Program
Waterboy

Post by The Program »

Axe N Shield wrote:East has beaten Minford before!

When was the last time they even played? Im not talking about the old Minford im talking about the new Minford which would never loose to East.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Program:

You said this year or any year! And for those of you who say let's compare apples to apples! The years that East did play Minford; and beat them, that East was the apple and Minford was a lesser grade fruit!

Look this could go on and on! It appears that anytime someone proves to you that East has beaten the Falcons or proves your point as being a moot point; you come back with something along the lines of; I mean now or don't count this or that. Yes, East has played all of the area schools at sometime or another and has had success from time to time. But, when you say compare apples to apples; you can only be talking about that they have a far more number of kids to choose from and would assume they would be superior every year over a smaller school like East, Green, Notre Dame or Symmes Valley! But the truth of the matter is: They couldn't beat neither of these schools on a consistant basis! Now, if your talking about one of the 3 W's! That's a whole different bushel of apples! Just like Minford is a whole different bushel in the SOC II compared to the 3 W's!

I believe Minford has always had the numbers to be a great football program and still does! They have a great fan base; community support; administration and school support! They have knocked at the door of building a good solid program a couple of different times! I think at this time, they kicked the door in and are standing in the doorway and peering in! Now, everybody in the Minford community needs to step through that door with the coaching staff and provide whatever he needs to make sure they have the best possible chance to stay in that room and hang out with the other programs! I think East is at that door as well with the success they have had and the new head coach.

Lastly, Oak Hill fans! Sorry once again! I will not post on this thread again about this topic! Program! I am done discussing this with you here! I would advise you to show the same courtesy to this thread and the Oak Hill folks! We can take this up on another thread! Again my apologies to the Oaks!

Axe N Shield!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Wow ! This is a long way from Oak Hill`s Schedule !!

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

I'll start a new topic on this so you will leave Oak Hill alone. :lol:

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Saw some of the Oak Hill boys at a track meet the other night.

There certainly is some size in that part of Jackson County these days.

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

What happened to the Jackson kids supposed to be going to Oak Hill?

Return to “Football”