New Logan High School Football Field and Bill Sauer Field

JoeGatto
JV Team

Re: New Logan High School Football Field and Bill Sauer Field

Post by JoeGatto »

That pressbox is a HHHHUUUUUUUUUGGGEEE improvement from the old one at Bill Sauer Field! Of course they could have put a small dog box on top of the stadium and it still would have been a huge improvement.
This looks like a top notch facility now! Schools and boosters are really doing a nice job of upgrading their facilities. Nelsonville, New Lex, Zanesville, Hamilton Twp., DeSales, Logan....the list goes on. Meigs also has a project in the works that will give them a new stadium at the school with field turf and a huge fieldhouse and hall-of-fame room.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Rope -

We'll go from the worst press box in SE Ohio to the best IMO. It's a MUCH need improvement. The old one still stands (its about the only thing left at the old stadium), but it was certainly a dump.

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Locos-Awesome photos as always! :aaaaa59 . The more pictures I see, the more convinced I am that this is THE premier sports facility in Southeastern Ohio. Can't wait to see it on Friday. Once again thank you for taking the time to capture the progress of our new stadium. GO CHIEFS!!! :aaaaa83 :aaaaa83 :aaaaa83

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

locos can tell you, once you get down on the field on the 50 yd line its absolutily breath taking. to go from the hilltop to that is amazing. :aaaaa59

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Drove by today and as great as it looks there is still a TON of work to do before next Friday inlcuding parking. But it looks great. Will the locker rooms be done in time?

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

glad to see the stadiums in the seoal are cleaning up...they look awesome

if only we can get galia and warren to join in on all the fun and get a new stadium

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I only hope the swamp will hold up to the mighty Hocking!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Locos!!! do I owe you any $$$ for having the golf team in some of the pics you took of the stadium??? LOL ... even old "pfloyd" is in a couple of the shots ...

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

floyd -

I think you might owe and Rolston for breaking the camera! HAHA

Just kidding my man, just consider it a little plus for the only golf team in the SEOAL with an "on campus" golf course.

I wonder if the Brass Ring will allow parking on the course like they do in Ann Arbor on Michigan's golf course? Could be a good way to boost the old revenue! (For those scoring at home, that was an attempt at humor).

Can't wait for next Friday night. Logan Chieftain Stadium is going to look very nice.

Go Chiefs!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

what the latest on the park for friday? i'm hear isn't going to be a lot of room for park and its going to be 1st come 1st server, parking pass or not. at least for the 1st game.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Info on Traffic/Parking/Etc. available now in the Logan Daily News.

Check out the story at LoganFootball.com.

http://www.loganfootball.com/storfield08.html

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Drove by the field this morning, still only one lane of traiffic on 328. Arrive early because this is going to be a real mess in The Swamp!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

moonschein -

The article states that ODOT will have personel on hand to open the road to 2-way traffic for Friday night.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

EVERYONE SHOULD BE SMART AND JUST GET THERE EARLY. LET THE FANS FROM UP NORTH WORRY ABOUT WHERE THERE GOING TO PARK. ;-)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Even right now the one lane is only a very short distance.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

We all know ODOT are miracle workers HA! HA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Miracle workers indeed. :lol: Now as to whether they manage to open the road before or after the game is anyones guess. :122249

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Dang that's nice! Certainly, for a brand-new facility, you've done a great job down there. I love the entryway, and all those personalized "bricks."

I did notice there are far more lights on your towers than we have on ours. I wonder if that was necessary due to the placement of your towers as opposed to ours. Will be interesting to see if it's noticeably brighter there than at Sulsberger now.

You're right -- the yellow soccer lines: Oy! Maybe THOSE could have been purple (especially since the end zones are not in color)? Still, that's a quibble.

I'll comment on how nice the pressbox is once we come down there. Been in a jillion of them across the state (you should see DeSales!), but I do agree that it has to be far better than the one at Sauer. Of course, it will still have Locos in it, so ....

:-D

As for us, the track is all in, and today all the lines were painted. We'll host a scrimmage with Tri-Valley tonight without the use of a scoreboard or sound system ... but those will be installed starting Monday.

It's amazing the transformation that has taken place since the work first started on April 29!

Photos and more at www.sulsbergerstadium.com!

Return to “Football”