Ironton 14 Coal Grove 12

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Week 8 : (5-1)(3-1) Coal Grove @ (4-3)(4-0) Ironton

Post by wobycat »

Coal grove has the mentality to play with the Tigers. I'll go 21-14 Tigers with this one being at tiger stadium

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Prior to the injuries this week I would have said Ironton by as many as they wanted. Now I say, Ironton by 19. Ironton has 7 starters out for the season and approximately 20 or so injured altogether. Lucky for Ironton, they had plenty of depth and great back ups to begin the year. Ironton get's it done.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

IBTT wrote:Prior to the injuries this week I would have said Ironton by as many as they wanted. Now I say, Ironton by 19. Ironton has 7 starters out for the season and approximately 20 or so injured altogether. Lucky for Ironton, they had plenty of depth and great back ups to begin the year. Ironton get's it done.
I think we're all still waiting for those 6 players ironton has who could go D-1 :lol: :roll:

Anyways,
This one will be a classic and one that's talked about for a long time. Coal Grove 29 Ironton 28. Grove seals it on a 2 PT conversion late.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

High Roller wrote:I can see this turning into the OVC's biggest rivalry quickly. Would love to see a traveling trophy between the schools that goes to the winner of this game.

I think that's a swell idea.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Matt77 wrote:
IBTT wrote:Prior to the injuries this week I would have said Ironton by as many as they wanted. Now I say, Ironton by 19. Ironton has 7 starters out for the season and approximately 20 or so injured altogether. Lucky for Ironton, they had plenty of depth and great back ups to begin the year. Ironton get's it done.
I think we're all still waiting for those 6 players ironton has who could go D-1 :lol: :roll:

Anyways,
This one will be a classic and one that's talked about for a long time. Coal Grove 29 Ironton 28. Grove seals it on a 2 PT conversion late.
say it hain't so matt. oh, yee of little faith. tigers by 14. like 35-21.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

High Roller wrote:Never seen a team with more kids hurt than Ironton has right now. Not an excuse. Look at the number of kids in street clothes on the side lines.

You are will think I'm crazy or some will think I'm even crazier than they already thought I was, but the reason for all the injuries is the "turf curse". Ever since we put turf in we have gotten hit by the injury bug. Every year we have enough guys on the injured list to make another team. It's crazy I think it's the turf. The stadium and the ghosts of the last don't like the turf so it has cursed us to have injury filled seasons.
Last edited by Tigercannon71 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Matt77 wrote:

Anyways,
say it hain't so matt. oh, yee of little faith. tigers by 14. like 35-21.
I have plenty of faith bait. All of my faith is in my alma mater. Go Grove!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I know ole buddy. I think this will be a smashmouth affair.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The one word that describes this matchup is... PHYSICAL! This will be a Physical battle. And think this will be an old fashioned slobberknocker!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tigercannon71 wrote:
High Roller wrote:Never seen a team with more kids hurt than Ironton has right now. Not an excuse. Look at the number of kids in street clothes on the side lines.

You are will think I'm crazy or some will think I'm even crazier than they already thought I was, but the reason for all the injuries is the "turf curse". Ever since we put turf in we have gotten hit by the injury bug. Every year we have enough guys on the injured list to make another team. It's crazy I think it's the turf. The stadium and the ghosts of the last don't like the turf so it has cursed us to have injury filled seasons.
I absolutely agree about the turf, I've never seen Ironton with so many ankle/knee injuries since we got the turf.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Fighting Tigers need to get some kids healthy before this game.

Rosie
Waterboy

Post by Rosie »

How bad are the injured players for the tigers? Hope they are ok

ELChapo
Freshman Team

Post by ELChapo »

Tigercannon71 wrote:

Agree minus the mumbo jumbo. Suffered way more knee and ankle injuries since that turf was installed.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Haven't seen Rock Hill this year so I have no idea how well they can play smash-mouth football.. But I have seen Coal Grove twice and I know they do it very well as well as actually being able to throw some to keep a defense honest. I'm goin with the Grove in an upset that's been brewing since Nam was in the news!! Groves fullback is a grown man and their halfback is all heart I'll predict a low-scoring game 21-17 or something in that range. If I don't have any medical procedures I'm gonna go see this one!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Coal Grove pulls this one out by a score.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you guys have your laughs. that's on you.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

We've had enough of this back and forth 3rd grade stuff. Talk about the game.....

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think the moderators need to decide who is starting the juvenile stuff. then delete their posts. that's only fair.
and for the record I never said anything to a moderator. I was made fun of about missing a game. and I was with my wife at the hospital AND I had a surgery on my leg Friday. and was also with my wife who was hospitalized. the game wasn't a priority at that point. and both situations may or may not be cancerous. yet some moron can belittle me for missing a game saying he didn't have to have a procedure. ya'll need to take out the trash, and it ain't me.

LET'S SEE IF THE TRUTH CAN STAY UP HERE. I'm bettin it don't.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Let it go and stop already........

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

Ironton 49