All Conference

Re: SOC II 2008

Post by BULDOG »

This dead horse has been beaten twice already... Poor dead horse! :lol:

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford should go 9-1 if not 10-0 this year. If they lose more than this it is because of an injury to a major player or a mental letdown against someone they should have beaten.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

minford should be right around there but, don't forget about west, waverly, burg and oak hill on your schedule.....those games could go either way. you could go anywhere from 5-5 to 10-0 but, 7-3 looks realistic.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

How about this. How about we let the boys do the talking on the field instead of all the crap that has been on here lately.

Good Lord!!!!!!!They aren't even in pads yet and we have this crap going on.

This looks to me to be one of the tighest races in the SOC in a long time. Burg has to travel to two tough places in Waverly and West, so that could be a factor. Minford has to come to the Burg and not sure where they play Waverly and West at.

I know I'm excited because this year work won't cost me from missing any games. If I miss one and I know of two right now I will miss, it will be becasue something else came up.

Good luck to the Pirates and here is to an injury free season for all players involved.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Minford has West and Waverly at home.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

THat could be the difference in the league title right there.

Thanks FF

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I don't think jumping on a bus and traveling 15 minutes gives any team any kind of an advantage over another. The hardest stadiums for visiting teams to play at in this area are Ironton and waverly.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Why Waverly? I thought Burg was a difficult place to play.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

waverly in my oppinion has always been a difficult place for oponents to go into and come out with a victory. I don't really know why.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

I tend to agree with fbnut The Tank and Radaiger (sp) Field are two of the toughest venues in southern Ohio. IDK what Ironton's track record looks like at home, but and Waverly fans correct me if I'm wrong tthe last home loss was Week 1 of the 2005 season to Valley. And that includes two playoff wins over Jackson and Union Local. So Waverly has a 16 home winning streak love to see be it 22 by the time this season is over.
And that PA announcer Waverly shows alot of enthusiasm and really gives the Tigers an edge.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Not to put pressure on Minford but after 8-2 last year, 7-3 would be a disappointment. This is their year!

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

marshallman wrote:Not to put pressure on Minford but after 8-2 last year, 7-3 would be a disappointment. This is their year!

I wonder how many times northwest has said that "this is the year" and walked away disappointed

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Why Waverly? I thought Burg was a difficult place to play.

It is !!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I think NW would just like to have a winning season. Winning the SOC would come next after that. Minford is looking past the winning season to winning the SOC and going to the playoffs. :-D

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Man if Coach ever caught us sayin something insinuating that we were looking past the regular season, let alone the next game, we would get a stern talking to.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I think you know if your goals are to have a winning season, winning the SOC or making the play-offs. Burg says it every year and I'm reading this out of the preview every year. They say our team goals are simple. Win the SOC and go to the play-offs. Do they say we hope to have a winning season or we hope to go 5-5 this year? If you have read the previews of the spring sports this year, (baseball and softball) there was a lot of coaches in this area saying they hoped for a winning season or to play 500 ball with the team they had this year. Their expectations were based on the team they had coming back.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Good post marshallman. I think the point is that Minford's goals are different now.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Thanks, I just don't think a coach would come out and say something that would be almost next to impossible for his team to accomplish. If Minford was coming off a 4-6 or worse year I would hope the teams goal would be to have a winning season and hope to make the play-offs this year. Now, expectations are higher and they should be if you want to start a tradition and build a program. Minford didn't win the SOC last year. They did go to the play-offs and they did have a great season to build on for this year.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

I think it was a good season. Until you beat someone with substance, it can not be called a great season. Our last quality wins were at Nelsonville, and beating the Burg at Northwest. Third place in the S.O.C. II is not something in which you should get on this forum and beat your chest. Let's not forget the things that Jeff Berry, Fred Brisker, and Bob Ashley accomplished. I hope we can go 10-0, but it's not going to be easy.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

I would think that Minford's victory over Piketon was a quality win. Also, the Coal Grove victory at Coal Grove in their new stadium. Both undefeated teams going at it. That game did kind of put Minford on the radar. Minford should be 5-0 going into SOC play. Their non-conf schedule is on the weak side.

Return to “Football”