SOC II Predictions

Who's going to win the SOCII

Total votes: 0

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Re: SOC II 2008

Post by MuletownManiac »

Minford also has a lot of seniors who got serious varsity time on both sides of the ball. Ecspecially the d-line and LB's

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Looks like you better beat Waverly this year with only 5 seniors. Very Strong Junior and Freshman classes.
And I'm not saying it will be easy to beat Waverly this year because it won't - they will be a good ball club.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

You have to be a stud to start as a freshman. Waverly was loaded the last two years but this year its not going to be 10-0 or 9-1. I look for 6-4.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

Unless a transfer, no stud there i have sen these classes. 8)

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

bushmaster24 wrote:

Unless a transfer, no stud there i have sen these classes.

Did you see last year's senior class? They won a grand total of two games in junior high. They beat Northwest as seventh graders and they beat Northwest again as eighth graders. They won nineteen regular season games in two years.

Maybe you don't know as much about what you are looking at as you think.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Ok let's be honest about a couple things.
I don't think anybody on here will dispute waverly lost an absolutley awesome senior class to gradution and a number are playing in college this fall.
But from what I gather we have a better than capable backfield. And at least one young receiver that perfromed well at the 7-on-7. The lines will be the key this year and the Tigers had minor line issues before and early last season and by the end of the year the issues were almost forgotten.
Granted, this team is not last year's team, but I think too mnay are counting Waverly out too early right now everybody is 0-0 and tied for first place.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Your right. But on paper right now I think that Wheelersburg and Minford are the clear favorites. But anything can happen and it will be a dogfight for the SOC II this year. Waverly doesnt have many down years, and when they do, they still finish over .500 and knock somebody off that is in the race for the SOC.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

This will be interesting this year, to say the least. I remember two years ago Valley was loaded top to bottom, size, numbers and experience. They went 5-0 then got into the SOC II play and went 0-5. They went 5-5 that year! it's amazing what can happen.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Bleeding Red wrote:Your right. But on paper right now I think that Wheelersburg and Minford are the clear favorites. But anything can happen and it will be a dogfight for the SOC II this year. Waverly doesnt have many down years, and when they do, they still finish over .500 and knock somebody off that is in the race for the SOC.

clear favorites? Not so sure about that.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Don`t put a lot of hype on Minford. Not to sure about this year !!

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Your right Redman they haven't proved anything yet. The way that the SOC is shaping up no-one is going to breeze right through conference play this year. I wouldnt be surprised to see a shared title this year.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

I hope that doesnt happen..."A tie is like kissing your sister" - Bear Bryant

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I like the fact Minford went 8-2 last year and has alot back plus transfers.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I hope there's not a tie either. I sure would like to see the SOCII banquet at MHS this year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Redman wrote:Don`t put a lot of hype on Minford. Not to sure about this year !!

Point taken. But isnt this thread about predictions? Isnt that the fun of preseason?

On paper you cant look past Wheelersburg and Minford. No head coaches are going to look past anyone on their schedule, thats for sure. But looking at the EARLY favorites, I have to go with these 2 schools. I think West will be in the mix.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Re: SOC II Predictions

I think Waverly has a very good schedule to make a run at the title with 'Burg and West both at home. And Waverly hasn't lost a game at home in a LONG time. Thats not saying Waverly will win the league but their schedule is an advanatge.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Playing at Waverly is never an easy thing. Probably one of the two hardest places to play locally (other Ironton). I hope were up for the challenge.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I still go back to the fact that Waverly has lost 21 seniors! In HS that is alot. Most colleges recruit a max of 25 players per year and probably lose 5 to quitting. So, this is going to be a huge hill to climb. In coming freshman are never much count so that leaves the soph and Jr to fill the void.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

I don't think anybody is predicting a Waverly "reload" but the junior class is very strong and talented. And I will beat this dead horse one more time. The line play will be the key. I think a lot will be known after the scrimmages that is why I will not make a prediction until after I least see one scrimmmage and have had a chance to chat with a few coaches.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

Where are all the Valley posters? Remember how they used to crow when they were in Div.1. :lol:

Return to “Football”