Passing Scrimmage

9697ironmen
Riding the Bench

Passing Scrimmage

Post by 9697ironmen »

Does anyone know what time the Ironmen will have their passing scrimmage today?

The Watcher
Waterboy

Re: Passing Scrimmage

Post by The Watcher »

I think it's 11am

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Any news on what schools were there and how they looked? Jackson always does a fine job hosting these passing camps. Don't they usually have more than one? Does anyone know when the others are?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

IRONFALCON,

Jackson will be hosting another passing scrimmage on July 18th at 5pm. The following teams will be participating: Jackson, Oak Hill, Circleville, Minford, Rock Hill, Piketon, and Philo.

I went to the passing scrimmage yesterday. I don't put much stock in what you see at passing scrimmages, but I was pretty pleased with the Ironmen. I thought Jackson looked good defensively. They have another good group of linebackers with Haller, Trace, Huff, and Landrum. The secondary played pretty well too and I'm excited to see what Lindamood, Boggs, and Meredith can do this year. Jackson is returning their entire defensive line so I believe the defense should be solid. The Jackson offense has a lot of talent to work with. There are three QBs who have the potential to start and I was most impressed with Boggs' ability to throw the deep ball along with the velocity of Landrum's ball. He threw an absolute rocket down the seem to Meredith that was probably the best throw of the day. I still think that Landrum is the best runner of the three, but we won't see that until the true scrimmages. With skill players like Huff, Haller, Lindamood, and Trace along with the three QB's who can all play at different positions, Jackson's offense should be dangerous.

I didn't pay too much attention to what Minford was doing on either side of the ball. Can someone tell me which QBs played? I know that they were supposed to have a pretty good QB returning and a new transfer from London.

OSU Buckeyes 5
Waterboy

Post by OSU Buckeyes 5 »

Were the Williams boys playing for Minford? I was looking for them, but never could tell who they were.

ironman02,

I think that Landrum should actually be the starter at QB for the Ironmen. Boggs is probably the best passer of the three, but when taking into account passing and running, I feel that Landrum is the guy. Josh Brown was forced into a starting role last season when Boggs wasn't able to play, but that doesn't mean he should automatically be the starter again this year. I'm not at practice every day, but these are just my observations from watching the Ironmen at the varsity and JV levels last season.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Is this Landrum related to the boy that played in the mid 70's?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

boilermaker,

Not sure, but I would say that he is related somehow. I'll try to find out.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

That kid was a good back , I beleive he was all state not sure but we heard his name too much that friday night.LOL :mrgreen:

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Frank,played on the line around 75-76 and Brian was a running back in the late 70's or early in 80. Brian was all state. Brian and Frank are brothers and I think they are cousins to Eric I believe.........

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Thanx guys , ;-)

Return to “Football”