TVC will be 3 divisions starting 2014?

@nd_1
Freshman Team

TVC will be 3 divisions starting 2014?

Post by @nd_1 »

Eaglepapaw
S

Re: TVC will be 3 divisions starting 2014?

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Can't understand why Eastern is put in the Hocking South and Wahama is put in the Hocking North.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

This isn't exactly breaking news.......

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Orange and Brown wrote:This isn't exactly breaking news.......
That wa my thought on it. Its been discussed several times on several different forums the last few months.

Dbzshibainu
Varsity

Post by Dbzshibainu »

I'm just asking this out of curiosity, but what is the purpose of multi division conferences? I don't think they play inter divisional games. So what is the benefit of being in a 3 division conference rather than just splitting off and creating a seperate league?

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

It may not be breaking news, but wasn't made official until the last meeting.

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Post by @nd_1 »

I saw some topics on here in the past mentioning it, but just saw that it became official. Does anyone know the division alignment because I can't see the whole article?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

TVC OHIO remains as it is today - Alexander, Athens, Meigs, Nelsonville-York, Vinton County, Wellston.

TVC HOCKING splits in two based on enrollment and River Valley is added to the larger Hocking Schools -

"North" - Belpre, Federal Hocking, River Valley, Trimble, Wahama

"South" - Eastern, Miller, Southern, South Gallia, Waterford

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Geograhically it should be : North - Belpre, Fed Hock, Trimble, Waterford, Miller
South - Eastern, Southern, South Gallia, Wahama, River Valley
(Travel wise and for yearly ticket sales this would be the way to go, just sayin !!!!!)

Buckeye Backer
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye Backer »

I've always hated the current TVC division split. They should just make another league or leagues.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Geograhically it should be : North - Belpre, Fed Hock, Trimble, Waterford, Miller
South - Eastern, Southern, South Gallia, Wahama, River Valley
(Travel wise and for yearly ticket sales this would be the way to go, just sayin !!!!!)
They could just call it the TVC Trimble and TVC Wahama divisions if they did it that way. Oh and by the way the unbalanced lower leagues (5 teams each) leaves the door open to add two more schools (lets not get into another debate over which ones right now) and for realignment of the divisions again if necessary.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

River Valley is almost as big at SG, Eastern and Southern combined. Enrollment wise RV should be in the Ohio. The new divisions will get the SG and RV playing in most all sports so that should make for big gates.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

RebelCat wrote:River Valley is almost as big at SG, Eastern and Southern combined. Enrollment wise RV should be in the Ohio. The new divisions will get the SG and RV playing in most all sports so that should make for big gates.

River Valley will be in the "north" and South Gallia in the "south" if what they say above is true so that blows that out of the water. If they would do true geographics it would be good for ticket sales and travel as I stated earlier, but why would they do something that would make sense to most people ? River Valley is much bigger size wise but both Wahama and South Gallia would give them more than enough competition in most sports and Eastern and Southern could hang in baseball, softball, both boys and girls basketball along with volleyball so I don't see what the problem would be.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

At some point I am very confident that RV is going to get it's football program going much like Alexander. Alex was not considered a strong football school but then as the school continued to grow in size the enrollment numbers began catching up to the smaller schools in the Hocking Division. River Valley is down but make no mistake that their large enrollment will begin to show up in results on the field. That's all I am saying. As for SG and RV playing I am hoping we play every year. It will create a lot of excitement in the community .

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

TVC Meeting at the BRASS RING IN LOGAN TOMMROW...........

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

NY BUCKS wrote:TVC Meeting at the BRASS RING IN LOGAN TOMMROW...........

Go on! Your among friends here!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I'd say many schools are glad to get out of wahama's division. I'd like to see ny drop the likes of Berne union and pick up wahama.

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

Last edited by renob on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Even if the "North" and "South" Hocking schools aren't geographically correct, they are at least correct from a competition standpoint. Now the "South" schools have a chance of competing for a championship and the "North" schools can schedule more competative non-league games.

I'm happy that they left the TVC OHIO alone, as I think it is fine as it is now.

At some point in the future, the TVC will now be in the position to add more teams. I think that is the key point to remember in this - there is now a capability of expanding further with a third division. As long as the teams being added in the future are in the geographic footprint of the TVC, it should work out fine. While the TVC may be content at 16 members in 2014, what's to say there won't be more members come 2020 or 2025?

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

RebelCat wrote:River Valley is almost as big at SG, Eastern and Southern combined. Enrollment wise RV should be in the Ohio. The new divisions will get the SG and RV playing in most all sports so that should make for big gates.
I agree with what you say, but River Valley is not that much larger than Fed Hock or as large as you posted according to ohsaa they have
190 boys
199 girls
South Gallia has
100 boys
109 girls
Southern has
122 boys
107 girls
Eastern has
95 boys
98 girls
For a total of